Article: Chevy Beaumont

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
ase0008.jpg

Potato Power's Beaumont..Sounded so crazy.

ase0033.jpg

But I like his truck better..and yes that's the Beaumont on the back of it.

Pics taken from the drag thread: http://montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?848781

Amazing. Was just reading up on the Beaumont. Weird that it was kind of a Chevy/Pontiac all in one. Is it a Chevy Beaumont or Pontiac Beaumont? What is the correct way to say the name?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaumont_(automobile)
The Beaumont started out as a popular feature series on the Acadian from 1962 thru to 1965. The Beaumont Series could be added to any of the Acadian Models in those years. The Acadian from 1962 to 1965 was based on the contemporary Chevrolet Chevy II (Nova), before becoming a stand alone marque in 1966 based on the Chevrolet Chevelle. Beaumonts were sold at Pontiac-Buick Dealers primarily for the Canadian Market but have been documented to have been sold in countries outside of North America.

From 1966, the Acadian name was dropped and Beaumont became a standalone marque, still sold by Pontiac-Buick dealers. The Beaumont now sported a Chevrolet Chevelle body with minor styling revisions, including different taillights and a Pontiac-style split grille. The interiors typically used the dash panel from the (U.S.) Pontiac Tempest/LeMans/GTO series.
The cars sported a new emblem, based on Pontiac's arrowhead motif with two red maple leaves added. They featured the same powerplants as the Chevrolet Chevelle, including the OHV inline six-cylinder engine, and a variety of small- and big-block V8s. The V8 engine choices included small-block 283, 307, 327, and later 350 cubic-inch versions, while the Mark IV big-block could be ordered in its 396 cubic inch displacement. 3- and 4-speed manual transmissions were available, as were the 2-speed Powerglide and 3-speed Turbo-Hydramatic automatics.

68-69 were the best years for chevelle design by far imho... & That beaumont is sooooo very nice!

Le Pontiac Beaumont est le modèle canadien de cette génération de chevelle.

Même principe que le Pontiac Acadian avec le Chevy II et la génération de Nova d'ensuite.

It was a real Pontiac for the canadian market
in the 50's and 60's the canadian Pontiac lineup had several models exclusive to our market

les char c'est vraiment hot les voir faire ca 10-15sec mais l'esti de truck de.... je veux pas faire ma chochotte mais calisse ca pas ca place la.. tout le monde chiale ca pas d'allure la boucane pollution on voie pue rien on s'étouffe c'est cave !!!

C'est mon avis et on a le droit s'exprimer :) c'est sur que personne va dire ca car le monde on surment peur mais promenez-vous dans le monde au drag et tout le monde chiale !!!

My father had a '69 Beaumont when I was younger, had a 350. I'm pretty sure there was a Pontiac badge on it, in the middle portion, between the two air dams.

Very nice car, I always enjoyed riding around with him, went to Sanair and stuff. What I remember most of it were the vinyl / leatherette seats and how they would be molten hot every time we got back in the car after standing in the sun all day... Good times.

He traded it for a '53 Bel-Air Coupe and has been rebuilding that ever since. I wish he gets it out in the next few years so that he may enjoy driving around with it before all the anti-pollution bullshit hits us.

les char c'est vraiment hot les voir faire ca 10-15sec mais l'esti de truck de.... je veux pas faire ma chochotte mais calisse ca pas ca place la.. tout le monde chiale ca pas d'allure la boucane pollution on voie pue rien on s'étouffe c'est cave !!!

C'est mon avis et on a le droit s'exprimer :) c'est sur que personne va dire ca car le monde on surment peur mais promenez-vous dans le monde au drag et tout le monde chiale !!!

Ah bin caliss les Greenpeace sont rendu qui vont au Drag!?!?! Sérieusement je comprends pas pantoute ton (ou votre comme tu dis) point de vue.... tu chiales pour la pollution du show de boucane mais si c'est un asti d'honda ca va etre correct??? Si tu te promene avec ta prius sur la route a 90kmh okay mais la t'es un amateur de drag ta rien a dire la dessus me semble!!! Pendant les expositions ils font meme des vrai show de boucane jusqu'a temps que les pneus sautent...pas mal pire qu'un truck qui fait du drag!

loll je suis loing d'être Greenpeace toute mes bébelles c'est du temps 2 temps ! Rien de pire et pas prius ford edge 2013

J'ai rien contre un show de boucane met lui c'est démesurer a toute les fois... Sur le boulevard les autos doit même pas voir l'auto en avant crie quand tu es dans la foule pis tout le monde s’étouffe chiale crie esti dépaix lolll c'est pas moi le cave !!

C'est juste je suis représentant des ventes et honnêtement personne le dit donc moi je trouve important de le dire que tout le monde chiale ! Une personne pas satisfaite en parle a 10 et une satisfait en moyenne 1-2 personnes loll

Ah bin caliss les Greenpeace sont rendu qui vont au Drag!?!?! Sérieusement je comprends pas pantoute ton (ou votre comme tu dis) point de vue.... tu chiales pour la pollution du show de boucane mais si c'est un asti d'honda ca va etre correct??? Si tu te promene avec ta prius sur la route a 90kmh okay mais la t'es un amateur de drag ta rien a dire la dessus me semble!!! Pendant les expositions ils font meme des vrai show de boucane jusqu'a temps que les pneus sautent...pas mal pire qu'un truck qui fait du drag!

Back