News: Cadillac Competitor to S-Class, 7-Series Coming

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
132116_2014_Cadillac_XTS.jpg

As a car guy I like news of new cars but I think Caddy is in danger here of too many similar-looking and similarly-named vehicles. I don't think the average buyer can determine the difference between the ATS, CTS and XTS. Adding another one will not help this fact. They need an old fashioned gangster-type car like the Ciel, pictured above.

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/21313/cadillac_competitor_to_s-class,_7-series_coming/

GM CEO Dan Akerson says that the company’s luxury brand will be developing a flagship sedan to compete with the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes S-Class within two years.
Currently, the largest vehicle Cadillac offers is the XTS but it’s been thinking about going bigger for more a little while now. Since the 2009 bankruptcy and reorganization, their focus has been on smaller vehicles but Akerson seems to think there may still be some life left in the larger sedans.

Details are closely guarded but reports suggest that the car will be rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. The rear-drive platform will not be sources from Holden, GM’s Australian brand. The XTS will likely stay in the lineup since it’s doing reasonably well, especially in China. The design will also take cues such as the fender ridge front lights from previous concept vehicles.

WOW!! ça sue le luxe ce design!! :p

Si le monde sont pas capable de différencier une ATS d une CTS d une XTS...

J imagine pas comment ils font pour différencier : une A4 vs une A6 vs A8 vs Jetta vs Passat.... :laugh: c est bien pire de ce coté!!

Wow ca c'est un retour au source! L'epoque ou l'Eldorado était le top du top!

Le design est juste fou, sa fait vraiment classe a part.

Le convertible est nice aussi

CadillacCielConceptRev44.jp_-1024x576.jpg

Maybe they should put this into production, it's I think it's ready for open market, the convertible should be a limited run.

Back