Going to Europe need converter

Deysh

I'm going to Europe next week and will need a converter/transformer(120v/220v) for some of my electronics. Anyone know where i can get one of these anywhere around montreal? Thanks.

I would think Futureshop/bestbuy have them. If not all airport stores have them but will be a bit more expensive.

Most electronic devices (laptop, cell, razor) should work either in 110 or 220 without needing a transformer, just a plug adapter should be fine. Son make sure you need a transfo before buying it

Most electronic devices (laptop, cell, razor) should work either in 110 or 220 without needing a transformer, just a plug adapter should be fine. Son make sure you need a transfo before buying it

Beat me to it. Exactly as he said. If it has some sort of brick chances are it does 110-240V, 50 or 60Hz. All you really need is an adapter which you should not be paying more that $10 for because all it's doing is changing the physical shape of the plug.

Last edited:
Beat me to it. Exactly as he said. If it has some sort of brick chances are it does 110-240V, 50 or 60Hz. All you really need is an adapter which you should not be paying more that $10 for because all it's doing is changing the physical shape of the plug.

x3

You'll see if you need a converter or not by looking at the charger's specs, something like this: INPUT AC100-240V 50/60Hz.

thanks for the help guys, i know an adapter will do the job for my cellphone and laptop, but i need a converter/transformer as i remember using my trimmer and it exploded.

thanks for the help guys, i know an adapter will do the job for my cellphone and laptop, but i need a converter/transformer as i remember using my trimmer and it exploded.

Laptop and cellphone @ 99.999999% would just need physical adapter as others said early. A trimmer is direct plug with some resistance in it for specific voltage/frequency.

If you know how to use a computer and phone you should be smart enough to be able to read on both AC adaptor voltage capacity at worst take a photo and show us.

If you pay more that 5$ for the adapter you are stupid, you can get some for 1.00/1.50$ at the dollar store and they work great, am in France right now and as i wrote am currently using two of them so don't go to FS/BB/TheSource and pay 10 to 20.00$.

Converter will be between 20 and 40$ all depend of what wattage you will need, i paid mine around 40.00$ 7 years ago and took the more powerful i could find in local store, 50w is totally USELESS!

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...line&category=Travel+Adapters&product=2738413
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...line&category=Travel+Adapters&product=2738412
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...line&category=Travel+Adapters&product=8002420

BTW am telling you off the bat right now forget the idea of running your girlfriend hair dryer!

yeah, I have a converter that's supposed to be powerful and it melted in part. Not even sure it still works.

Be careful about the cheap stuff!

yeah, I have a converter that's supposed to be powerful and it melted in part. Not even sure it still works.

Be careful about the cheap stuff!

C'est juste bon pour un rasoir, un clipper ou un laptop de 15 ans d'âge et encore la!

@OP:

Si clipper ???? Criss tu va payer ton converter 30-40$ rendu la va te faire couper les cheveux 2 fois pour 20$ non ? :dunno:
Si tu va me dire que tu reste la bas 6 mois et + ben va t'acheter un trimmer that all @ 30/40$ tu en a.

C'est juste bon pour un rasoir, un clipper ou un laptop de 15 ans d'âge et encore la!

@OP:

Si clipper ???? Criss tu va payer ton converter 30-40$ rendu la va te faire couper les cheveux 2 fois pour 20$ non ? :dunno:
Si tu va me dire que tu reste la bas 6 mois et + ben va t'acheter un trimmer that all @ 30/40$ tu en a.

non j'y vais pour un mois. la machine c'est un clipper que j'utilise aussi comme trimmer

non j'y vais pour un mois. la machine c'est un clipper que j'utilise aussi comme trimmer

Il est par rechargeable comme 99.44/100% des clipper/trimmer? Le mien a coute 15$ chez Canada Computers.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=729&item_id=046818

25239.jpg

Nice I was wondering this too!

We sell the Euro adapters where I work so I'll "borrow" a couple from there.

Back