Feature Article: MR is collecting money in the name of Nicolas Munn

je viens de donner...mes sympathies à la famille...et je peux à peine imaginer la tristesse...j'écris ce message avec ma fille de 7 ans assis sur mes genoux...life is beautiful...profitez-en!!!

Just donated, A young father Myself it makes you realise you are not invicible... What is money anyway. My condoleances to his family, wife and kid ... so sad...

Down for a meet also will donate there but I also sent donation via paypal

RIP. Hope the family will pull through

Si je m'étais tué à cause d,une circonstance, j'aurais aimé que ma blonde et mon kid recoivent aussi de l'aide d'un groupe.
Condoléances
Paypal. Done!

I'm incredibly sad to see such a thing happen, especially to such a young man who was in the process of starting a family.

However, I'm have a few questions to be asked before I donate.

Danny, have you gotten in contact with either Nick's wife/gf or parents and gotten the approval to do such a thing?

I only mention because sometimes when a tragic event like this occurs, the family wants to keep it on the downlow, out of the media and to themselves. This is how my ex's family reacted in regards to a family member dying of a tragic car accident.

Additionally not everyone is happy to receive donations so openly and publicly, HENCE why it is so very important to get the approval nevermind taking this fundraiser to the media yet. It's disrespectful.

While the intent of generosity and kindness from the MR community is there, people don't always take kindly to it, so I want to make sure my dollar goes to Nicks family.

I'm not sure how you guys figured out he was an MR member without using modcp, hence I have this hunch that this is an MR exposure opportunity that you guys are jumping on, whether or not your intentions are genuine (which I'm sure they are).

It just doesn't look like much has been done aside from mentioning he's an MR member and that we "should" raise some money for him.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole but I want to know the money is going to the right place first.

I'm incredibly sad to see such a thing happen, especially to such a young man who was in the process of starting a family.

However, I'm have a few questions to be asked before I donate.

Danny, have you gotten in contact with either Nick's wife/gf or parents and gotten the approval to do such a thing?

I only mention because sometimes when a tragic event like this occurs, the family wants to keep it on the downlow, out of the media and to themselves. This is how my ex's family reacted in regards to a family member dying of a tragic car accident.

Additionally not everyone is happy to receive donations so openly and publicly, HENCE why it is so very important to get the approval nevermind taking this fundraiser to the media yet. It's disrespectful.

While the intent of generosity and kindness from the MR community is there, people don't always take kindly to it, so I want to make sure my dollar goes to Nicks family.

It's perfectly reasonable that people want to know where the money is going before donating. I have spoken to Nic's cousin who has given us the family's official blessing for the fundraiser. They are very touched by the gesture. They had planned to do something of their own similar to this. The money will go to his parents.

I'm not sure how you guys figured out he was an MR member without using modcp, hence I have this hunch that this is an MR exposure opportunity that you guys are jumping on, whether or not your intentions are genuine (which I'm sure they are).

This is where your post lost me. Modcp? I was notified that Nicolas was a member by one of his close friends via email. I don't want or seek any publicity.

It just doesn't look like much has been done aside from mentioning he's an MR member and that we "should" raise some money for him.
Doesn't look like much has been done? What do you want us to do? I don't understand.

Look jmac, you don't have to give anything. But please leave instead of being disrespectful.

It's perfectly reasonable that people want to know where the money is going before donating. I have spoken to Nic's cousin who has given us the family's official blessing for the fundraiser. They are very touched by the gesture. They had planned to do something of their own similar to this. The money will go to his parents

This is where your post lost me. Modcp? I was notified that Nicolas was a member by one of his close friends via email. I don't want or seek any publicity.

Doesn't look like much has been done? What do you want us to do? I don't understand.

Look jmac, you don't have to give anything. But please leave instead of being disrespectful.

I don't intend on being disrespectful and I'm sorry if I've come across like that.

I've watched a father whose son died in a tragic car accident, refuse a donation from his local church after a ceremony was held in his honor.

His family didn't have much yet I watched him refuse the money because of the pride he had in himself and in his family.

Do you know what that looks like?

I can't even put it into words because the emotion that I saw in one stare could write me a book.

This is aside the fact that word got out to the media about the church fundraiser and he had to watch himself leaving discretely on television later on the news because he nor his family would comment.

I mean they were reluctant about having a ceremony at the church in the first place (fundraiser was done behind his back he asked that the money be donated to the church instead)

While this is not the same case, my concerns are still relevant.

People have pride and people also like their privacy so when I saw no mention of being in contact of the family I was concerned.

I've already said I know the intentions are sincere and kind, it's just certain semantics need to be covered before starting such a thing.

If you've got the a-ok from the family then I'm all for it, I just wanted make sure it was OKAY before you guys went ahead with it.

It also doesn't help that I'm a broke university student who care barely pay for gas and insurance every month.

Nevertheless, I'm content and will be donating now.

I don't intend on being disrespectful and I'm sorry if I've come across like that.

I've watched a father whose son died in a tragic car accident, refuse a donation from his local church after a ceremony was held in his honor.

His family didn't have much yet I watched him refuse the money because of the pride he had in himself and in his family.

Do you know what that looks like?

I can't even put it into words because the emotion that I saw in one stare could write me a book.

This is aside the fact that word got out to the media about the church fundraiser and he had to watch himself leaving discretely on television later on the news because he nor his family would comment.

I mean they were reluctant about having a ceremony at the church in the first place (fundraiser was done behind his back he asked that the money be donated to the church instead)

While this is not the same case, my concerns are still relevant.

People have pride and people also like their privacy so when I saw no mention of being in contact of the family I was concerned.

I've already said I know the intentions are sincere and kind, it's just certain semantics need to be covered before starting such a thing.

If you've got the a-ok from the family then I'm all for it, I just wanted make sure it was OKAY before you guys went ahead with it.

It also doesn't help that I'm a broke university student who care barely pay for gas and insurance every month.

Nevertheless, I'm content and will be donating now.

What's the link between donation and pride? That father who refused donation is just plain dumb because first of all, people donate for good intentions and money comes second. I don't see how refusing a donation helps with your 'pride'

In for a meet and a ride , such a nice guy talked to him alot at meets, just sent 25$

Let's go MR army, we can do it !!

Back