Issuing a transit to a person from Ontario

Deysh

So my friend from Ontario wants to come buy a car during the weekend from a dealer here in Quebec. I was wondering, is the dealer allowed to issue a transit(temp. plate) to him even though he is not from Quebec?

Thanks,
dealer was actin sketchy saying "come during the weekend, i'll give you a bill of sale with a transit and you won't have to go to the SAAQ and wait in a huge line"

No, dealer. But i wondering, how is Tony Transfert able to issue a transit to someone without the car being under his company? Let's say for example I want to sell my car(which is under my name) to someone but don't have time and the guy wants to come buy the car during the weekend. Your telling me tony transfert can issue a transit to the buyer?? Is that even legal?

You write up a "procuration", it's basically a paper that gives the buyer the right to represent you at the SAAQ.

The problem with doing that with someone you don't know is that the car is still yours until the papers are transferred. If he got drunk and hit someone and ran away, you'd be in deep shit.

He comes to your door "buys" the car from one person the seller. "sells" the car to the other person on the spot. He has a dealer license so it's legit. Been dealing with him over the years. Transits are a little pricey at 70 something dollars. It's good if you don't have time to go to the saaq.
No, dealer. But i wondering, how is Tony Transfert able to issue a transit to someone without the car being under his company? Let's say for example I want to sell my car(which is under my name) to someone but don't have time and the guy wants to come buy the car during the weekend. Your telling me tony transfert can issue a transit to the buyer?? Is that even legal?

Back