German cars lose out in reliability survey

kustom

A recent survey has found that German cars, including Audi, BMW and VW, are among the worst when it comes to engine failure.

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9815860/German-cars-lose-out-in-reliability-survey.html

Engine reliability - top 10 brands according to Warranty Direct

1. Honda (failure rate: 1 in 344)

2. Toyota (failure rate: 1 in 171)

3. Mercedes-Benz (failure rate: 1 in 119)

4. Volvo (failure rate: 1 in 111)

5. Jaguar (failure rate: 1 in 103)

6. Lexus (failure rate: 1 in 101)

7. Fiat (failure rate: 1 in 85)

8. Ford (failure rate: 1 in 80)

9. Nissan (failure rate: 1 in 76)

10. Land Rover (failure rate: 1 in 72)

Engine reliability - bottom 10 brands according to Warranty Direct

1. MG Rover (failure rate: 1 in 13)

2. Audi (failure rate: 1 in 27)

3. Mini (failure rate: 1 in 40)

4. Saab (failure rate: 1 in 40)

5. Vauxhall (failure rate: 1 in 41)

6. Peugeot (failure rate: 1 in 44)

7. BMW (failure rate: 1 in 45)

8. Renault (failure rate: 1 in 46)

9. Volkswagen (failure rate: 1 in 52)

10. Mitsubishi (failure rate: 1 in 59)

no suprise there really. I always steer clear of VW/Audis, and its a good thing I do, I have a few friends with VW that are always in the garage fixing random things, whether its a passat 2000, Rabbit 2007 or jetta 2010. No time and patience for that crap.

Buying a car for its reliability is like going out with a fat chick cuz she ain't gonna cheat on you.

Also, I had a VW for 4 years without a single issue.

Honda est suspect aussi haut, y'a un bout à me prendre pour une gourde.
Aussi surpris de voir Jaguar aussi haut, et ne pas voir Porsche nul part. habituellement sont assez haut.
Les marques Française hehe, on les connais pas ici, mais c'est proche de VW on dirait ! !

Buying a car for its reliability is like going out with a fat chick cuz she ain't gonna cheat on you.

Also, I had a VW for 4 years without a single issue.

73HIVZH.gif

common lol . compare fkng shitbox honda with few relay , manual seats , with 20 yo trottle body system , 2 sensors , 1 o2 sensor,,,,, to some cars with full electrical seats in 5 positions adjustment , with cooling trottle body , with cooling alternator , with 4 02 sensors , with 30 relays and 50 fuses , with programble key etc etc etc .

20k jap fans-- plzz take a seat!!!!!

putin-medvedev-laughing.jpg

common lol . compare fkng shitbox honda with few relay , manual seats , with 20 yo trottle body system , 2 sensors , 1 o2 sensor,,,,, to some cars with full electrical seats in 5 positions adjustment , with cooling trottle body , with cooling alternator , with 4 02 sensors , with 30 relays and 50 fuses , with programble key etc etc etc .

umad7.jpg

i m not lol . i have a respect for both cars . i used alot of jap cars and alot of euro cars . but you cant compare euro vs jap . you just cant . specially when only top luxe jap stay in japan . the rest is all cheap cars under 25k around world with 0 luxe= less electronics .

This isn't 1985 anymore. There are no terribly unreliable cars on the market today.... Just buy the car that fits your needs.

WTF are you talking about, the 80's cars are simply the best of all times.

80's era combine simplicity, the reliability that tighter tolerance brings and good materials .50-60's car were very simple, but nearly everything wore out more quickly because the lack of quality materials, loose tolerance etc.

Last edited:
the late 70' and 80' was a dark period in car history. Some of the shittiest cars were produced in that period, in all categories....except maybe whatever category the Samurai was in.

SRB...I understand what you're saying BUT, this particular statistic is simply and only about engine failure. Nothing else.

the late 70' and 80' was a dark period in car history. Some of the shittiest cars were produced in that period, in all categories....except maybe whatever category the Samurai was in.

SRB...I understand what you're saying BUT, this particular statistic is simply and only about engine failure. Nothing else.

Cheap, reliable, off-road oriented, simple, fuel economic trucks were indeed the best in the 80's.

i know Lexus , but the problem is that there is really big diffirance . example vw golf gti have a direct injection . ppl who buy this cars have a 0 fkng idea what that dose means . So they start to drive this car without any services . Specially by wat i saw around the world were ppl dont even change oil for 20k, its for sure they dont even know that this gti need a carbon build service clean up . That exatly why cars in 2013 start to brake more compare to 80-90 cars were was simple design . you have a spark plugs , injector and air . dont simple as that . most japanise cars still use this system . its simple and work great . i have a nothing to say . but we cant blame germans cars that they broke more when ppl dont respect normal oil change on they cars .

It's also manufacturer's fault here because BMW tells customers to do oil changes every 20K....Petit Jo Blo is gonna buy his 335, beat the shit out of it and than change the oil at 20K cuz well, that's what BMW says. Some on-board computers also tell the owner when to change the oil and some are overly optimistic. We, as car enthusiasts, know that changing the oil at 20K or more is pretty dumb but most people have no clue.

Same with the vw 2.0T or other engines that require special maintenance, people should be fully warned by the salesperson that this extra care will be needed to keep their engine in good condition. Of course there's still gonna be idiots out there who no matter how much they are told they'll still badly maintain the car .

For me a reliable engine could run on vegetable oil because you busted the pan on a rock in the middle of the wood and patched it with JB weld and the only thing you could find is canola oil in a hunting camp. i know i am pushing things up, but simple and truly reliable engine could probably survive this, a german engine that blows up even using good oil is crap if you ask me.

Toyota quality right there !!!

va voir le stock qui a dans un Acura MDX ... ca brise pas plus qun honda civic a 20k

c'est comme un rassemblement de fanboys qui n'ont pas été invité à leur highschool prom . C'est cute :)

perso, j'aime mieux vivre avec un CEL dans le dash d'un VW/euro que de pas avoir de trouble avec une japonaise qui me fait autant d'effet que JF Merci , soit dit le gros cave, en bikini dans un spa. Oui, tu viens d'avoir cette image dans ta tête.

Back