News: Audi Laserlight Concept

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0114-audi-big.jpg

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/arti...ight_concept_to_be_unveiled_at_ces_las_vegas/

A concept car called the Audi Sport Quattro was introduced last September at the Frankfurt International Motor Show. Since then Audi has tweaked the concept slightly and is calling the new version the Audi Sport Quattro Concept Laserlight. The German brand intends to reveal it during the Consumer Electronics Show, next week in Las Vegas.
Among the updates are:
- A high resolution TFT screen that replaces the speedometer;
- A real-time navigation map;
- A more intuitive MMI multimedia system.

The real kicker is the headlight system comprised of laser diodes that can brighten up to 500 meters ahead of the vehicle without blinding oncoming drivers. The lasers will be used for the high beams while the low beams will still make use of Audi’s LED-based Matrix Beam system.
Plugin Hybrid Coupe
Its engine is still a 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine making 560 horsepower, connected to a lithium ion electric motor that adds 150 horsepower. An eight-speed tiptronic transmission completes the setup. Together they deliver 700 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque.

Nothing like a friggen cars with friggen laser beams on them!

Jesus.H.Christ laser high beams, ultrasonic wiper free windshields, magnetic shocks. Where do they get the ideas for these wonderful toys?

It was me. My bad for the typo and thank you for pointing it out. Corrected.

Haha really? :eek: :laugh:

It's just that Gilles Olivier was on RPM and "naturally aspirated 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine" is something i wouldnt be surprised to hear on their show.

Why does he has his name on your article?

Haha really? :eek: :laugh:

It's just that Gilles Olivier was on RPM and "naturally aspirated 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine" is something i wouldnt be surprised to hear on their show.

Why does he has his name on your article?

I do translation for them and usually run it through an automated translater. Too many words, too late at night lol.

lol. how much will it be to replace one of those when it burns 3 weeks in?
Audi, if you can't make fkin wiring that don't fk up in 3 weeks, how do you intend on making this laser pew pew apparatus any more fkn reliable.

hey guys, we're investing 30 billions. making laser headlights.
meanwhile. 2.0T 210hp, lagging behind the competition, absolutely numb steering feel, that epic understeer plow, etc.

but hey, who am I to judge.

lol. how much will it be to replace one of those when it burns 3 weeks in?
Audi, if you can't make fkin wiring that don't fk up in 3 weeks, how do you intend on making this laser pew pew apparatus any more fkn reliable.

hey guys, we're investing 30 billions. making laser headlights.
meanwhile. 2.0T 210hp, lagging behind the competition, absolutely numb steering feel, that epic understeer plow, etc.

but hey, who am I to judge.

I don't know, a BMW fan boy that jumps to give negative comments on other brands everytime he can which brings nothing good to a post like this... :dunno:

As much as I love Audi and do not feel the need to say bad things about other brands. In fact I like the top three German BMW, Audi and Mercedes to be that different which cover very well different taste whenever you are a conservative person, like sport driving dynamics, are more about luxury or safety...

It is companies like Audi, BMW and Mercedes that often invest bing $$$ in R&D that at some point benefit all the other brands. Think of turbo+DI engine, led lights and now LED headlight, all safety feature like airbags everywhere, driving aid (like them or not)...

an hater...

nah, brah. Just pointing my opinion on a company's lack of focus.

I don't know, a BMW fan boy that jumps to give negative comments on other brands everytime he can which brings nothing good to a post like this... :dunno:

As much as I love Audi and do not feel the need to say bad things about other brands. In fact I like the top three German BMW, Audi and Mercedes to be that different which cover very well different taste whenever you are a conservative person, like sport driving dynamics, are more about luxury or safety...

It is companies like Audi, BMW and Mercedes that often invest bing $$$ in R&D that at some point benefit all the other brands. Think of turbo+DI engine, led lights and now LED headlight, all safety feature like airbags everywhere, driving aid (like them or not)...

I'm not a BMW fan boy. I equally hate BMW for their stupid cooling system. Absolutely piece of junk in that matter. I am only pointing out what I think is wrong with the company's approach.

Laserlight.... c'est quoi ce nom de char la sorti tout droit des années 80?! Ca me donne le gout d'écouter du Depeche Mode avec un nom de meme.

Back