2015 Chrysler 200 Pops Up Early

AriGold

Not bad looking, looks like Fiat is doing it's job well

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/1/8/2015-Chrysler-200-Pops-Up-Early-7717997/

341382.jpg

341360.jpg

341383.jpg

341385.jpg

I think it looks great, although a lot like the newer Sonata.

Hopefully it'll have good underpinnings and not the same recycled garbage from the Sebring.

I never understood the 200's purpose. The 300 competes in the same market as the A4, TSX, G sedans, V60 etc... so what the point of a 200? To compete with Jettas and Civics? Isn't Chrysler a little more upper market than VW and Honda?

I never understood the 200's purpose. The 300 competes in the same market as the A4, TSX, G sedans, V60 etc... so what the point of a 200? To compete with Jettas and Civics? Isn't Chrysler a little more upper market than VW and Honda?

Chrysler should look at ANYTHING they can to make money. Seriously, they HAVE to.

the 300 doesn't compete with any of those cars.

It's Chrysler's full size sedan (like the Charger) competing with the Taurus, Impala/Lucerne, Maxima, Avalon, Cadenza and Genesis. You could say that Chrysler would want people to think of the Chrysler brand as a little more upscale, in reality competing more with the Lucerne and Genesis. In the same time, how can you be an upscale brand but sell crappy base model 200s at 17k. There's also no difference in the interior quality, features or price between the Charger and the 300. If they want the Chrysler brand to be closer to Lincoln and Cadillac.....Chrysler has a lot of work ahead of them.

I'm with you here, although I think they sell a shit-ton of them to rental places and such. I still don't see why many normal people would go out and choose this car over many other options.

It doesn't look bad but as previously mentioned it's so similar to the dart that it's not funny.

Not bad... Compared to its predecessor! Now that Fiat bought Chrysler 100% this week (42% of shares owned previously) the underpinnings should be pretty sweet... Hopefully. I'm hoping for 159 underpinnings, or maybe a Lancia Delta drivetrain & chassis since the Lancia Thema is a rebadged 300 in Europe...

Okay. Chrysler will build the new 200 atop the same mechanical structure as the Dodge Dart and the new Jeep Cherokee.

Bring back Alfa Romeo...

Back