Why do volvo's lose their value so fast?

OmegaBoost

Shop Representative
I've been looking around recently and couldn't help but notice that volvos depreciate so fast. Why's that?

Because they are really expensive to fix out of warranty

this is not true at all.
i own one, and its less expensive than previous "luxury" cars I've owned. (Volvo S60 vs Audi A4 vs BMW 325i).

and i work at an European garage.

I don't see them depreciating faster than most other euro cars. Can you give a more precise example of what you're refering to?

I think the model has not aged well and the auto maker fail to keep the model up to part with others vehicules in the same segement.

this is not true at all.
i own one, and its less expensive than previous "luxury" cars I've owned. (Volvo S60 vs Audi A4 vs BMW 325i).

and i work at an European garage.

Meh they all cost about the same to fix. you'll just be fixing the audi more often... You should know that since you work in a European garage.

Volvo's drop like a rock because people don't really want them and the brand doesn't carry the same weight as BMW, Audi or Benz.

lots of S60 2008 for around 10-12K. Find it pretty cheap tbh

Ok I see what you mean. Yeah I saw that on trader there's 9 08s for sale and most are 12K. For example. 2008+ XC70s are uch more expensive.

The 2007-2008 S60s cheap because it's a very old car. That gen S60 was introduced in 2001. Also, they are either fwd or awd with not very powerful engines. Their not really 335i or xi territory if you know what I mean. They were also cheaper to buy. But I know that for example other (semi) luxury fwd's like the TL or ES350 do go for a lot more money.

But yeah, even like that I agree they are pretty affordable for what they are. And they;re solid cars, especially the last years of the S60, for sure most kinks were probably worked out by then.

This is a not bad deal:
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Volvo/S..._CT2004331111018859/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO

Volvo its all or nothing. The base models are cheap but some other ones keep their values.

And $12k for a base '98 that has 6 years on the road is fair.
A base S60 is not a $50k car... Many think volvos are expensive but the base models are quite affordable.

Same with the S40, a fwd 2.4i is much cheaper than an AWD T5 in the used market.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

there is just no market for them ... no body wants them.... no demands= price down ...

Saabs were the same , decent reliabilty , bad resale value. you can put that in your advantage

It'S all about popularity/marketting

You guys should look at the S80, that thing is 1/3 of the price after 4 years

Also If i remember, leasing one has a super low residual due to the resale value (like 38 % or something )

on a same note: A sony or HTC phone will drop value much faster than an Iphone/samsung,

Volvo its all or nothing. The base models are cheap but some other ones keep their values.

And $12k for a base '98 that has 6 years on the road is fair.
A base S60 is not a $50k car... Many think volvos are expensive but the base models are quite affordable.

Same with the S40, a fwd 2.4i is much cheaper than an AWD T5 in the used market.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The white one for example isn't really a base base model. WAs probably 40-42k + tx brand new, at 12K it's priced like a well equipped Accord. Or Camry with similar mileage... Cars that were 30-32K brand new. I think that's why OP is a little surprised.

Back