Journey to pull-ups

300lbs and 5'11 = severely overweight, unless you look like:

3qsRb.jpg

I'd concentrate on cutting down/cardio. Like 80% cutting down 20% weight lifting until you drop at least 50lbs. Then you'll surprise yourself with the amount of chinups you can do.

I am overweight as previously stated XD if I looked like that guy, I wouldn't even be posting here lol.

Everything I am doing right now, is with cutting in mind. I've already dropped 26 pounds (yeah, I was 320) Weighed myself yesterday, I'm at 294 now. the reason why I decided to start doing some pull ups or at least try to... is because I figured if I start trying now, putting some of that stress on my muscles now... well as I continue dropping pounds, the chin-ups and pull-ups will be so much easier. Unless it's a completely flawed logic.

its good that you do so but you'll never do a pull ...even at 240---230... I was 220 I started pulling up clean a 198.

Anyway, you should do the opposite mouvement ; jump on top of the pull up and slowly go down, jump again on top and let yourself go down slowly, it'll really help u on the long run

My stomach is slightly more rounded at the bottom but pretty much. Thats close enough though for the most part.

MY friend and I are pretty much par when it comes to our strength. we're 5'7-5'8. I'm 190lbs as of this morning, and I think he's around 170. When I decided I wanted to start doing pull ups/chin ups I was lucky to get one. About a months later I can do 3 chin ups from completely hanging to chin over bar. MY friend can do more. I forget how much he's doing, but in our case it simply comes down to weight. He's even flat out said he'd have a hard time doing as many as me if we strapped on an extra 20lbs to him.

Basically if it's something you want, then work at it. Fuck what the other people in the gym think. You're trying to better yourself, and that's all that matters. As a former fatty to a now fit-ish person, I can say that if you're worried about what the others think then you'll never get anywhere.
Next time you walk up to a machine and people look, make sure you give them a show worth their time ;)
And remember, just because somebody is looking at you doesn't mean they're thinking poorly of you. I've had some of my best motivation at the gym watching fatties struggle, and keep pushing regardless of how much it hurts.

how I start to do some Super pull ups (adding weight with a plate):

start slowly by doing a lot of push up (military push up-diamond and regular wide push up when you can't handle diamond anymore) 4 or 5 rep. That way, you work every little muscle you have.

Bar, start little closer
pull-ups.jpg

then every 2 days or alternative(depending on how you wanna do it), go wide grip!
pull-up.jpg

chin up, this will mostly work your bicep and your lats
chinups-vs-pullups.jpeg

Finaly, I do a lot of dip to reinforce your Pectoro
300px-Dips.png

their also the side to side that I like to include in my training
SideRingPullUps.jpg

you gonna see it will take a lot more time to gain weight but every inch muscle is well train.
And after you start adding weight
pull-up-variations-and-exercises.jpg

When temperature will be more comfy, I'll be outside in the park doing the training!

When I started my new gym they had a free consultation. The guy put pull-ups in my routine and I laughed in his face. I told him:

''I'm 6'2 235lbs and you want me to do pull up's!?! Bahahaha''

I had just started getting back into my routine and could barely bench a plate on each side. Now I am in a routine and I try to pull up as much as I can but I can barely do 3 chin ups.

Hang in there guys! We can do it!

No pun intended :D

I'm 5''3 and honestly calisthenics is just awesome I never ever touch weights and when I do its for my legs... check out my videos maybe you'll pick something up :D PM if you wanna come train ! I'd be more than happy to train with anyone else who likes calisthenics I even found a few parks in Montreal for summer workouts ! :D

I'm 5''3 and honestly calisthenics is just awesome I never ever touch weights and when I do its for my legs... check out my videos maybe you'll pick something up :D PM if you wanna come train ! I'd be more than happy to train with anyone else who likes calisthenics I even found a few parks in Montreal for summer workouts ! :D

God damn lol I would love to even give that shit a try but I would inevitably break a few of my bones trying that. Keep in touch and maybe in a few months if I drop to at least 260 lol. There's no way I can do anything of the sort at 300 and 260 sounds a bit heavy even for this type of training no? Haha.

I've been interested in calisthenics for a while now but there just is no way in hell I can pull that off now lol

God damn lol I would love to even give that shit a try but I would inevitably break a few of my bones trying that. Keep in touch and maybe in a few months if I drop to at least 260 lol. There's no way I can do anything of the sort at 300 and 260 sounds a bit heavy even for this type of training no? Haha.

I've been interested in calisthenics for a while now but there just is no way in hell I can pull that off now lol

Nop!! Let's get YOKED prison style!

here CT fletcher giving you a motivation speech lol

lol I fuckin wish.

I'm struggling on the food side of things. + I actually injured myself doing pull ups. I'm gonna stop for a while...I proved to myself I could do one weighing this much so I'll think I'll work on losing more weight while working on the other supporting muscles for the pull ups and I'll come back to them later.

Gotta get red of this fat first.

THis is what I did for about 6 weeks nad I got great results! I started with bands to do some assisted pull ups and then quickly switched to nothing! Might want to give this a try!

Day 1 (Developing Muscular Endurance and Repetition Strength)
Two rounds through the entire series:
Wide-grip pull-up MAX REPS (use band assistance for 10 or more reps; use weight if you have 15+)
Rest 2 minutes
Medium-grip pull-up MAX REPS (same)
Rest 2 minutes
Medium-grip chin-up MAX REPS (same)
Rest 2 minutes
Narrow-grip chin-up MAX REPS (same)
Day 2 (Time Under Tension and Motor-Unit Recruitment of Muscle Fibers)
3x 5 reps of chest to bar chin-up with a six-second negative
Rest 2 minutes between sets
2x max-rep pull-up with five-secong negative
Rest 2 minutes
2x chin-up max hold 30 seconds or more

http://www.theboxmag.com/crossfit-workouts/the-pull-up-power-program/

Cetait un de mes test de requalif en tp aujourdhui et on avais des pull up /dip/ etc a faire

Jai fais 11 pull up d'un coup..my personal best so im happy...but i still suck

Les autres etudiant en moyenne en on fais entre 12 et 20 ... Keep in mind they're like 140-160 pounds when im 200

Sent from my Xperia using a random useless app with the worst interface ever.

wow bro..... i would fukin love to come train but ur just on another level shit

Bro calisthenics is awesome dont matter what "level" look at the dates on my videos man I learned alot of this really fast. I have a bad habbit of watching calisthenics world competition videos then trying that stuff LOL also barstarzz and the medrano videos these guys all like sleep in my brain LOL when I get to the gym they wake up and boom I try things. Im focusing more on core workouts now less extreme tricks, trynna get my abs on point for summer ;p. but basically what I want to say is with calisthenics its all possible man dont matter weight class or skill level its like you're baking a cake and you add your own ingredients. OBVIOUSLY though start with basics... pull ups dips push ups. aftwr that you'll start slowly trying things then it'll all come fast.

Cetait un de mes test de requalif en tp aujourdhui et on avais des pull up /dip/ etc a faire

Jai fais 11 pull up d'un coup..my personal best so im happy...but i still suck

Les autres etudiant en moyenne en on fais entre 12 et 20 ... Keep in mind they're like 140-160 pounds when im 200

140-160lbs policemen...are you fucking kidding me???

140-160lbs policemen...are you fucking kidding me???

Loll I kid u not the average weight of the men in police tech is 160 pounds maybe.. And trust me...you should see the women at these tests... Im talking 5 foot 110 pouds shrimps...

@samurai... Got you! Ill come train then, i'll pm you ! Thx brah

Weight 204 lbs, can do 7-8 pull-ups. Yeah I'll need to train especially for that for a couple weeks.

At first you'll do 1 or 2. Then barely a third one. After a couple weeks you'll be able to do 7, 8 if you have power that day.

But yeah, skinny guys have a serious advantage.

EDIT: talking about chin-ups

Back