Belly pan / skidplate.. do you guys use it?

puckmugger

My belly pan/skidplate finally fell off and was just wondering if anyone of you actually replace it if it does break off? Do I risk making any damage to electrical components/wires? I've been driving without one for the last 2 weeks, and now that the weather is starting to get wet, I'm debating on wether to install a new one... aftermarket of course.

They are not that usefull

I had a metal one for a while but i got fedup of it scraping everywhere ... thats when it wasent rattling when the bolts came loose or the oilpan touching it and making the whole car buzz like crazy cause you have to put the spacers

I dont think its a necessity ... but if you feel more confortable having one get the evolution import one ... the plastic one will break again as they all do ... i also saw aftermarket plastic ones made in china wich might be worth it since the oem one is something like 300$

It does serve a purpose: by closing off the under carriage. With the hood closed and the bottom closed off the rad fan pulls air in with much more suction. That warm air is then exhausted through specific locations depending on car design.

I found an aftermarket one for just under $70 shipped, so I guess I'll stick with a plastic one for now. Hopefully it'll hold up to the wear and tear of Montreal DD'ing...

Back