BMW M235i vs. CLA A45AMG vs. Subaru WRX STi

And lol@german fanboys that dont have a clue about the new WRX/STi design and engineering. There is more to this car than just it's engine.

Fanboy is gonna fanboy.

the major problem from the STi's from the past 6 years were the engines. The new STi has the same engine in the new model.

problem ?

And lol@german fanboys that dont have a clue about the new WRX/STi design and engineering. There is more to this car than just it's engine.

Fanboy is gonna fanboy.

The biggest issue I have with North American auto journalists is they are never too negative about a car. If they were too negative no more all expenses paid trips to test drive cars. IMO if Subaru cared that much about "engineering" they would have designed a new motor for the new car instead of putting a bad hangover in. Why not give us the 2.0T that the rest of the world gets...

I just know the Subaru will be full of rattles and questionable build quality. That's my biggest grip. You dump 50k on a car that really started life off as a 20k econobox. You get a fancyish drivetrain but nothing more. I'd give up a few tenths of a lap time for some quality door cards!

the major problem from the STi's from the past 6 years were the engines. The new STi has the same engine in the new model.

problem ?

Just get the WRX with the new 2,0L. Best bang for the bucks.

Problem solved.

http://http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1090558_2015-subaru-wrx-vs-2015-subaru-wrx-sti-which-is-best-for-you

Which one wins by your wallet?

So are all these differences worth it? As we outlined in our drive of the STI, we think it comes down to this: If you plan on track time more than once or twice, all of the STI's upgrades will probably prove worth it. But if you mainly just want to make your commute a blast, get the WRX.

I just know the Subaru will be full of rattles and questionable build quality. That's my biggest grip. You dump 50k on a car that really started life off as a 20k econobox. You get a fancyish drivetrain but nothing more. I'd give up a few tenths of a lap time for some quality door cards!

Its funny, I was recently looking at 2012 STI's cause I figured it would be a good practical car (back seat, wagon space) with some performance but I couldn't get past how cheap the doors looked...its like the money ran out for the build.

New ones look to have fixed that. That AMG CLA looks a bit off, can't put my finger on it, need to see it in person

19d59lydzh079jpg.jpg

The biggest issue I have with North American auto journalists is they are never too negative about a car. If they were too negative no more all expenses paid trips to test drive cars.

Interesting perspective. This probably means that reviews that compare two or more cars should be taken more seriously, since they have to choose a 'winner', and inevitably, piss off one manufacturer more than another.

Interesting perspective. This probably means that reviews that compare two or more cars should be taken more seriously, since they have to choose a 'winner', and inevitably, piss off one manufacturer more than another.

this is my opinion and I drive the cars myself as I know what I am looking for..

Warranty DENIED because you didn't use Subaru approved gas
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's really hilarious about Subaru with all the warranty issues, and we all know I'm one of those, is that when you go to service your car, they sell you their cars, including the WRX / STI, as cars ready for the track. I can't find the ad on YT right now, but they put a driver behind the wheel with a full helmet on, but if you ever track the car, they will make our life miserable in case of a claim AKA engine / turbo, even if your bone stock

Why no hp increase for the Subaru?

Is it that hard to get more power out of a 2.5 turbo 4?

No but it's currently blowing monthly , add more power and its gonna blow daily

This. You can easily flash the car for more power and a better powerband / torque curve, and it won't make the car less reliable - it's already a POS, but I believe the issue is related to emissions. Basically, chip the car yourself, with a Cobb, the dealer won't be able to see it in case of a claim if you de-installed it, or so I heard.

this is my opinion and I drive the cars myself as I know what I am looking for..

Yes, and it's totally valid. Wasn't arguing with you. I'm new to reading/watching car reviews, so it's useful for me to keep what you said in mind. And I enjoyed your recent M235i review too, btw.

Back