Cheque Certifier Safe?

Exactement.

Non. La ''certification'' du chèque certifie que y'as l'argent dans le compte. Mais si le gars la retire, t'as pu d'argent. Si le gars le cancel, t'as pu d'argent. Si c'est un faux chèque, t'as pu d'argent. Jai recu un chèque certifié de chez BNC l'année passé pour un paiement de job pi si j'aurais pas été le faire checker chez BNC, jme serais fait fourrer paske le gars y'avais pas une cenne dans son compte.

Pour un gros montant de inconnu a inconnu, tu fais une traite bancaire ou virement bancaire that's it.

Ben alors c'est quoi lavantage du cheque certifier par rapport au cheque normal lol. Ca certifie juste qu'au moment PRÉCIS ou tu fait le cheque t'a largent dans le compte? C'est ridicule.

T'as vendu beaucoup de trucs et de chars à 18K$?

une dizaine de transaction entre 5000 et 20000 ...

Avec une traite bancaire ca ma juste jamais passé par la tête que je pouvais me faire avoir... mais c'est sur que les fraude financiere c'est tellement rendu fréquent qui faut être doublement vigilent ...

18K cash..attention aux faux billets...faut savoir comment les vérifier selon la génération de billets
http://www.banqueducanada.ca/billets/prevention-de-la-contrefacon/
aussi vérifies pas juste les 4-5 billets du dessus ou du dessous car tout le milieu peut être des contrefaits
car si toi tu le fais pas, ta banque va le faire...mais tu te vois checker 180 bills devant le gars? pas une bonne option à mon avis

Autre chose, il y en a qui attendent que ces occasions pour que tu blanchisses le cash à leur place et c'est toi qui aura droit à un beau questionnaire, preuves à l'appui quand tu vas déposer le tout à ta banque.

tu demande de payer en cash et tu demande le recu de la caisse pour le retrait, comme pour une traite bancaire, tu demande le recu de son institution financiere pour prouver qu'il la fait faire.
Je fais quoi si je suis un acheteur asian qui dit au vendeur que jai 180 billets de 100$ fourrés dans une dinde congelée dans mon congelo (car en cas d'incendie, ca risque d'être dans le congelo que cest plus safe).

The buyer isn't willing to go the extra mile? Walk away.

Je lui ai donne rendez-vous dans le stationnement d'une TD ouverte la fin de semaine. Pendant qu'il inspectait l'auto et kickait les pneus, j'etais a la banque pour m'assurer que la traite etait authentique.
Avez vous lu ce que OP décrit comme situation. Cest prévu qu'il descend vendredi particulièrement. Ils auront beau se fixer rendez-vous au parking d'une banque ils attendront longtemps.

Sent from my GL63

Moi j'ai payer mon auto avec une traite bancaire. Je pensais faire un cheque certifier mais ils m'ont dit à la caisse que le cheque certifier est jusqu'à un montant MAXIMAL de 1000$ plus que ça, ça passait sous une traite bancaire. Donc le gars t'as dit cheque certifier mais il risque de revenir avec une traite bancaire malgré lui

I sold my STI for $17k. Guy came all the way from New Brunswick, he gave me a certified cheque, and drove away. No problems.

I don't think they're that easy to forge - look into the security features of the cheque, and make sure they're there.

Also, prepare a sales contract, declare the method of payment, the cheque number, amount, etc., etc. Also, declare the same amount at the SAQ. He wont save any tax declaring it at $5k, only risks a lot of troubles for you.

And I'd be much more nervous if someone offered to pay in cash. This isn't a cocaine deal, paper trails are a good thing. Everyone needs to take of their yo-yo hats. If it's paid in cash, what recourse do you have?

I sold my STI for $17k. Guy came all the way from New Brunswick, he gave me a certified cheque, and drove away. No problems.

I don't think they're that easy to forge - look into the security features of the cheque, and make sure they're there.

Also, prepare a sales contract, declare the method of payment, the cheque number, amount, etc., etc. Also, declare the same amount at the SAQ. He wont save any tax declaring it at $5k, only risks a lot of troubles for you.

And I'd be much more nervous if someone offered to pay in cash. This isn't a cocaine deal, paper trails are a good thing. Everyone needs to take of their yo-yo hats. If it's paid in cash, what recourse do you have?

The issue is not fake certified cheques... The issue is he can go go his bank right after the sale and say he lost the cheque before you deposit it.

If you're really gonna take a certified cheque, ask the guy to go with you at your bank to deposit it together after the sale

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The issue is not fake certified cheques... The issue is he can go go his bank right after the sale and say he lost the cheque before you deposit it.

If you're really gonna take a certified cheque, ask the guy to go with you at your bank to deposit it together after the sale

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nah man ur wrong.. I bought ny first car with a certified cheque ,7000$ worth .. And my bank clearly told me if I loose that cheque its like loosing 7000$ !

Nah man ur wrong.. I bought ny first car with a certified cheque ,7000$ worth .. And my bank clearly told me if I loose that cheque its like loosing 7000$ !

100% not true. If the check is cashed then ya there's nothing you can do. I don't know when did you buy your first car but nowadays, they give you a copy of your certified with a reference number on it. If you lose it and it's not cashed, they will investigate and trace it and put it back in your account.

normalement un chèque certifié l'argent est gelée dans un compte dédié. quand le chèque est encaissé, l'argent part du compte dédié et s'en va dans ton compte à toi.

donc oui, c'est safe.

As far as I know it's not frozen , they take it out of your account . I remember when I payed by certified cheque , the cash was no longer in my account after the bank cut me the cheque

100% not true. If the check is cashed then ya there's nothing you can do. I don't know when did you buy your first car but nowadays, they give you a copy of your certified with a reference number on it. If you lose it and it's not cashed, they will investigate and trace it and put it back in your account.

Not sure about this.. It was 4years ago.

Interesting. I'm not trying to stir up a shit show, but am trying to learn for my own understanding.

Per Wikipedia " certified check or certified cheque is a form of check for which the bank verifies that sufficient funds exist in the account to cover the check, and so certifies, at the time the check is written. Those funds are then set aside in the bank's internal account until the check is cashed or returned by the payee. Thus, a certified check cannot "bounce", and, in this manner, its liquidity is similar to cash, absent failure of the bank or illegal act (such as the funds being based on a fraudulent loan, at which point the check will be disavowed)."

No mention about being able to cancel the cheque, only can redeposit.

Same thing at a sketchy website:

"It is possible for a bank to cancel a certified check. This is especially the case when the check is proven to be obtained through fraud. Another reason for the cancellation of a certified check is if it was certified by mistake."

So, only the bank can cancel if due to fraud or error - would be curious to know what's in the error category.

Nobody on MR is a bank teller?

Back