Gas at 153.4 and low fuel light turns on, I be all like:

not if you drive 10 km a day..only the op gets better mileage with the IQ than diesels..wicked shit...5.68l/100km in city..now imagine if you force yourself..you're close 3-4 Liters...fuck the hybrids...
Would be on an hourly basis with a Hummer

5.68l/100 km with 100% city driving is very impressive for a non-hybrid car. Is that at rush hour in a lot of stop & go or cruising at off-hours? I would of thought it does more like 7-8 in the city (in rush hour).

What's your gas mileage on the highway at say 120 with little or no traffic (in the sense that you can put it on cruise and leave it there)?

What about in the middle of winter...at constant -20 temps, does it go up a lot?

Its a mix of rush hour traffic and 3am empty roads.

Highway: Best tank i can remember was MTL - Malbaie, a little over 400km. I filled up in Montreal and filled up in Malbaie when I got there, managed 4.4L with two passengers, doing 110-120kmh (slower on the 138) with the AC on the whole time.

In the winter worst tank was 9L, small 7-8km trips when its -20 or colder. Usually it gets 6-7L. Going to QC and back were talking sub 6L even when its -20. Winter gas and cold air with bad aerodynamics won't get you stellar highway mileage in wintertime

Actually just realized I did 715km on 40L of gas for this fill-up in my yaris. that would be about 5.7L/100km I'd say 60Hwy/40city

Just ordered a smart diesel.

lol_zps22b60dad.jpg

Filled up at costco for 1.40. The shell across the street was at 1.53.
Fuck this shit. If it really goes to 1.60 this summer, I'll start taking weekly gas & groceries trips to Champlain.

Bof l'été je réussi à faire du sub 5L/100km en highway driving avec mon Echo, pas un gros impact pour moi...

Hope it goes down tomorrow...only 408km and im almost empty, time to switch ECU and plug the O2 sensor back in
13987362242_6b649165d6_c.jpg

damn all of you! complaining about gas prices with ur nice cars and full time jobs! meanwhile this student has to struggle to afford gas. that hustle. i aint even hood bro!

one day.... assuming gas is still even mainstream when i get my degree :balling:

Filled up at costco for 1.40. The shell across the street was at 1.53.
Fuck this shit. If it really goes to 1.60 this summer, I'll start taking weekly gas & groceries trips to Champlain.

I'm thinking the same thing but it also depends how the exchange rate will evolve.

damn all of you! complaining about gas prices with ur nice cars and full time jobs! meanwhile this student has to struggle to afford gas. that hustle. i aint even hood bro!

one day.... assuming gas is still even mainstream when i get my degree :balling:

Hopefully cars of the future can run on your generations hopes and dreams...

What's the reasoning behind these prices? We're seriously powerless against the oil companies, but something's gotta change.

Being a student isn't really that bad if you have a job. I've managed to afford gas just fine all these years.

Back