Advertising on pictures

ThePapi

Come on now, what the fuck??

Now we post pictures and memes and they get Desjardins ads slapped on them and whatnot.

This is going too far seriously, it's the first time I see something like that on a forum, it's so fucking obnoxious and annoying, I can't believe anyone thought it would be a good idea to do it.

In fact whenever MR is acting up and slow as fuck, it's because some affiliated shit site is having problems that spill over to MR.

Don't you think there are enough leechers here that fuck the forum up as it is?

It's enough, please take that shit off, it's disrespectful and there are enough ads on here already.

+1

Tu viens pour lire un "Mémé" et faut que tu fermes la pub de Desjardins pour voir le texte au bas de la photo

Je partage l'opinion que c'est un manque de respect envers les utilisateurs

Je me demande si le jailbait thread est rempli de pub de Desjardins maintenant...

If they put ads on every picture, then we still get to decide what becomes a desjardins ad or not, like illegal street racing, police chases and underage erotica.

I'm sure Desjardins would love to be associated with these.

So we post pictures of dead muslims and Desjardins will approve them?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

I'm at work right now so I can't, but tonight I'm going to start a NSFW and other pictures of illegal shit thread where we can post photos for companies to advertise on and then we can troll them on social media.

Or someone could start one right now and get the ball rolling.

I might get an adblocker if it works but trolling is more fun.

Been saying it for a very long time, as amazing and automated as is Adblock, NoScript is probably a little superior even though it as a two way learning curve.

No pubs here... but I did feel the shittinest of this on my GF's laptop.

Les adblockers ces pas super fiable, ces très facile programmatiquement parlant de les détecté et de bloquer l'accès / donner un avertissement au gens qui l'utilise haha. J'ai codé un adblocker blocker lol il fonctionne à merveille!

Et les pubs j'avou que ces overwhelming sur les images, mais ca rapporte tellement la pub, je suis pas mal sure que 99% des gens ici, si vous seriez propriétaire d'un forum que et vous seriez devant la décision de mettre des pubs sur les images pour un revenu de 200,000$ par année additionnel ou ne pas le faire parce que ces moralement pas cool, vous le feriez j'en suis sure lol. Think about that lambo.

People are addicted to sites like that, it's like facebook, peu importe le nombre de pub invasive que tu met même si tu perd 0.5% de tes users ces rien comparé au bénéfices monétaire que tu fait, d'un point de vue administratif ces un bon choix.

Avec un forum de 30,000 views par mois je recois ~500$ en pub chaque mois, imaginez MR qui a 100 fois mes visites mensuelles haha

The in-image ads are a new technology that we are trying out. We may adjust the frequency so as not to be too intrusive but the extra revenue stream will allow the site to deliver a superior product through growth and diversification. As with any new changes, it will take some getting used to but just give it some time. Your input is definitely taken into account.

J’ai rien de ça moi, mais j'ai Adblock plus sur firefox, donc ça doit être ça qui fait que je ne vois pas les pubs.

Edit: Omg, je viens d'aller voir ça sur internet explorer et c'est terrible, c'est sur tout les photos !!

It blows my mind that companies will put their image on any picture posted on message boards. It's like the last place where I want to put my image in people's hands.

I hope this doesn't lead to censorship of pictures posted on the site.

Si au moins les pub était en dehors des photos ca me dérangerait moins, mais la ca bloque les photos carrément..

Si au moins les pub était en dehors des photos ca me dérangerait moins, mais la ca bloque les photos carrément..

This la mettre en haut/dessous/coté de la photo serait beaucoup moins pire.

Mais bon je dit ca pour rien, je les voies pas moi :thefinger

The in-image ads are a new technology that we are trying out. We may adjust the frequency so as not to be too intrusive but the extra revenue stream will allow the site to deliver a superior product through growth and diversification. As with any new changes, it will take some getting used to but just give it some time. Your input is definitely taken into account.

Seriously Danny take this sh!t out.

On our computer fine we got adblock etc.... so at least 20 to 50% of the people here block it and don't even see it.
On a smart phone it's hell here a little exemple which is not that bad but sometime i would actually which i was in hell.

mtlracing_pieceofshitspam.jpg

You already make a considerable amount with sponsors and shop, other adds.

On top of that you host the site in Atlanta probably to have the cheapest freaking hosting out there in the world (and we do see the result though different bugs and other things) but that create a 4 to 10 time longer ping (80 to 100ms instead of 10 to 15ms) which is probably one of the reason why the site is so often slow since the delay between each single request (hundreds of request are being made everytime you load a single pages) are once again 4 to 10 time longer that it should logically be.

So at least since you are probably saving half the budget on hosting by doing it in the middle of the United-States could you please remove those worst in the world annoying add that actually only spam site probably use.

Regards,
Altivec

Au pire des pires est-ce possible de faire en sorte que la pub soit hors de l'image, du genre directement en dessous? On ne serait pas obligé de la fermé pour lire ou voir la partie de l'image qu'elle cache

Back