Some guy tried passing off a VGA TL as a clean title

until a 335i blows past you. 328 are so not worth it.
*flamesuit on*

that was my argument from the getgo. So torn right now..

I get a 328i: what the fuck did i just do? shoudlve gotten a 335i.. I don't even know who i am anymore.

I get a 335i: fuark i want JB4 asap so i can do highway pulls with evos, let me look into coilvoers and wheels. and the vicious cycle of tuner syndrome continues

If you want a sexy reliable car, 328 does the job.... Of course I would never go for one but I have a 2nd car just in case.

Any 335i under 20-25k will not be reliable. I got mine for over 30 and still am scared.

scared of what? turbos blowing up?

how are these things in terms of reliability? anything I should look for? been in the subie game for too long, don't know much about other whips

^ turbos/waste gates tend to fuck off at 100k km, injectors tend to fuck off at any given point in time, coils/plugs have more issues than 328 for some reason, and then the whole hpfp thing that plagued earlier models.

I was in the same debate when I bought my 328, I could afford a nice low mileage CPO 328 or a 335 out of warranty with over 100k.

Never looked back.

My buddy got a 335 and modded the shit out of it but there was always something breaking. Another guy I know had a bunch of issues too and just gave up after 2-3 years. Do some research.

And that was a few years ago. They didn't buy shit cars either. They were both low ish mileage with bolt one and a tune.

I don't even wanna know how much maintenance and repairs on a $14k 335i with 140k km is gonna cost you every year. If you're on a limited budget then it's not the car for you.

With the 328 you honestly get 90% of the driving pleasure of a 335 but in a more reliable package. The only difference is acceleration. That's it.

^ turbos/waste gates tend to fuck off at 100k km, injectors tend to fuck off at any given point in time, coils/plugs have more issues than 328 for some reason, and then the whole hpfp thing that plagued earlier models.

I was in the same debate when I bought my 328, I could afford a nice low mileage CPO 328 or a 335 out of warranty with over 100k.

Never looked back.

My buddy got a 335 and modded the shit out of it but there was always something breaking. Another guy I know had a bunch of issues too and just gave up after 2-3 years. Do some research.

And that was a few years ago. They didn't buy shit cars either. They were both low ish mileage with bolt one and a tune.

I don't even wanna know how much maintenance and repairs on a $14k 335i with 140k km is gonna cost you every year. If you're on a limited budget then it's not the car for you.

With the 328 you honestly get 90% of the driving pleasure of a 335 but in a more reliable package. The only difference is acceleration. That's it.

legit info right here. been reading up on it, think im finna stick to a 328 and call it a day

Never looked back.

I do not agree with that. The accelleration is not 10% of the driving experience, come on !

I do not agree with that. The accelleration is not 10% of the driving experience, come on !

It depends on what your definition of driving pleasure is and how much acceleration is valued in the equation. Of course if you're looking at just acceleration then the difference is more drastic. A 335 with a tune and down pipes will blow the doors off of a 328. But for daily driving or driving down a twisty road, there's almost no difference. For me anyways. Have you ever driven a manual 328?

With a decent driver it will do the quarter mile in low 14s. The power delivery, as I previously said is also extremely linear. It's not a slow car by any means and all driving dynamics, save for acceleration, are identical. Unless your thing is drag racing at every street corner and constantly doing pulls on the highway, the difference is negligible. But that's just my opinion.

Polak, go drive one and make up your mind for yourself.

It depends on what your definition of driving pleasure is and how much acceleration is valued in the equation. Of course if you're looking at just acceleration then the difference is more drastic. A 335 with a tune and down pipes will blow the doors off of a 328. But for daily driving or driving down a twisty road, there's almost no difference. For me anyways. Have you ever driven a manual 328?

With a decent driver it will do the quarter mile in low 14s. The power delivery, as I previously said is also extremely linear. It's not a slow car by any means and all driving dynamics, save for acceleration, are identical. Unless your thing is drag racing at every street corner and constantly doing pulls on the highway, the difference is negligible. But that's just my opinion.

Polak, go drive one and make up your mind for yourself.

finna go see one tonight, will update around 8pm

It is actually. Unless you are some kid going thru puberty or some older fag who always got something to prove who wants to race anything including his own shadow.

The time you accelerate furiously is literally about 10% of your entire driving time if not even less.

I would go with a nice 328 over the TL if you dont mind dishing out bit more cash in maintenance.

From what I'm reading ITT, OP needs a Lexus GS430 to maintain swag/jbaitpickup/comfort/cruising/reliability levels while not needing to mod the shit out of it.

Inb4 bagged gs430 rolling on 22's down st-charles making threads about how bad kebek roads are.

also, if you're looking into a bmw, I'd rather a 5er, whatever 5er you get will be better than a 3er imo.

4OEMconceptE60VertiniMachined-black4.jpg

Back