2014 Elanta HID

mayeen

I have Elantra 2014

Installed HID with relay kit.

They flicker only when I turn on the headlight while the car is started

I checked with voltmeter the volt goes up to 14.2v when engine is running,

What's the fix?

Right now, I have the relay setup so the light turn on to ignition, so now as soon as I have my key in ignition the lights stays on!

I want the ability to turn off the headlight

Suggestion?

I own a 2014 Elantra and I was looking to install HID too. I've done some reading on other forums and some suggest they could be CANBUS bulb. So that is probably why they flicker.
You would need a Canbus Ballast to eliminate the flickering.

One of the ways that a CAN BUS system can affect the operation of an aftermarket HID conversion kit is this: First, the CAN BUS system will detect that whatever is plugged into the original wiring is probably a bad light bulb, it will start pulsating the electricity again and again in order to try to get the light bulb to start up. If it was indeed a broken factory light bulb, this would have no consequence because the electricity wouldn’t go anywhere, due to the broken filament. With an HID system, this rapid-fire electricity will cause the ballast to turn on and off like a strobe.

The way to solve this problem is to either install a CAN BUS HID Ballast or a warning canceller module. Both of these products will trick the computer in the car into thinking that a good working light bulb is plugged in, and not send pulsating electricity down the line!

That means there's no real "work around" or you could always "direct controle" the light from a switch you would install inside .... :D

Back