Official Cigar Thread

MohammedRex

Hello fellow Stogie lovers,

lets use this thread to show off our news pups and maybe trade/sell some (no fake bananas plz)

Always wanted to try but I am soooooo noob don't know where to start
Start with smaller cigars, in different marcas. For example my absolute go to, would get the H Upmann Half Corona. A very good representation of the brand. It takes about 30-50 mins to smoke. It may sound crazy, but go to La Casa del Habano on Sherbrooke, ask them for one, pay the big bucks. Go sit in their lounge and smoke it. Smoking a cigar is about the whole scenario not just the cigar. Have an espresso or some sparkling water. Light it with a butane lighter, not a Bic or Zippo! If you like it go from there. Dont smoke banana leaves that people bring back from Cuba, it leaves a bad impression on cigars as most are fakes.

I'm going out of the country in 2 days. I always buy some cigars at YUL because fuck they are like 1/3 of the price... Vitulla : any good suggestions? (I have plenty of small ones, I am looking for Churchill size Cubans. I will also be in Philadelphia and Dallas but they obviously don't sell Cubans there.

Grand amateur de cigar ici. Je suis du pour fuller mon humidor presentement mais mes préférés sont les Leon Jimenes Crystal.
neju4y6u.jpg
pa5u3yna.jpg

Envoyé de mon GT-S7560M en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm going out of the country in 2 days. I always buy some cigars at YUL because fuck they are like 1/3 of the price... Vitulla : any good suggestions? (I have plenty of small ones, I am looking for Churchill size Cubans. I will also be in Philadelphia and Dallas but they obviously don't sell Cubans there.
Eh boy. Cigars at the airport are very very expensive. If you go to the states and have friends, family or an office to send cigars to, getting Cubans is easier in the US then here...pm me if you need info about that. If not the cheapest place to get Cubans in Canada is cigar chief.com

Eh boy. Cigars at the airport are very very expensive. If you go to the states and have friends, family or an office to send cigars to, getting Cubans is easier in the US then here...pm me if you need info about that. If not the cheapest place to get Cubans in Canada is cigar chief.com

I like to keep a box of Macanudo Maduro Ascotts in my humidor because I like the taste, the price and I don't always have 1h to smoke a cigar. I buy the box for something like 50$ here and at they airport they sell for like 17$! We don't get the same kind of deal with Cubans?

What is that chief.com thing? I get on a weird page when I type it. As for getting them in the us, isn't it illegal? I like cigars but not enough to get in trouble because of it.

Whats the price range for decent cigars? I mean if I wanna start..... I woulnd't go for the top one since I don't know how to appreciate them properly yet

I like to keep a box of Macanudo Maduro Ascotts in my humidor because I like the taste, the price and I don't always have 1h to smoke a cigar. I buy the box for something like 50$ here and at they airport they sell for like 17$! We don't get the same kind of deal with Cubans?

What is that chief.com thing? I get on a weird page when I type it. As for getting them in the us, isn't it illegal? I like cigars but not enough to get in trouble because of it.
Cigarchief.com for Cubans in Canada. They are located on some reserve so you save some tax money.
As for the airport you probably get good deal on machine made Cubans, but I always laugh when I fly, a box of cohiba robustos at almost 1k.
As for Cubans is the US, they are illegal but they it's not more then a letter if they do get seized from the postal service.

Cigarchief.com for Cubans in Canada. They are located on some reserve so you save some tax money.
As for the airport you probably get good deal on machine made Cubans, but I always laugh when I fly, a box of cohiba robustos at almost 1k.
As for Cubans is the US, they are illegal but they it's not more then a letter if they do get seized from the postal service.

they don't seem to sell boxes on Cigarchief... i usually browse on www.canadiancigar.com

i get mine directly and fresh from cuba since my GF aunt is married with a cuban and they go back to cuba very ofter to see family, i also get great dominicanos in dominican republic as i fly there a few times a year

they don't seem to sell boxes on Cigarchief... i usually browse on www.canadiancigar.com

i get mine directly and fresh from cuba since my GF aunt is married with a cuban and they go back to cuba very ofter to see family, i also get great dominicanos in dominican republic as i fly there a few times a year

Careful with the family members in Cuba...if it doesn't come from La Casa Del Habano, it's 99% a counterfeit.

And cigarchief.com does sell boxes, their site sucks but they are there or you can give them a call.

Niice collection Gestion!

I have always loved cigars but I don't have a humidor. I've attempted to make a tupperdore, but when it cost me 4 pristine Cohibas I was really disappointed.

Right now I have a few more Romeo and Juliettas hanging around which are probably my favorite. One day I will definitely invest in a humidor and expand my collection!

Whats the price range for decent cigars? I mean if I wanna start..... I woulnd't go for the top one since I don't know how to appreciate them properly yet

Well if i had to go trought this again,

i would buy some light wrapper budget dominicano cigars, you can get something good like palma real around 60$ a box of 25, enjoy them and after a few smokes, try to define the taste

then i would get what they call a ''taster pack'', order the one that have the most products attractive to you and read reviews, then again enjoy and define what you like.

it's a very long process that will make the difference between having a cigar and enjoying a cigar, knowing what every third will taste like before you get there

Careful with the family members in Cuba...if it doesn't come from La Casa Del Habano, it's 99% a counterfeit.

And cigarchief.com does sell boxes, their site sucks but they are there or you can give them a call.

don't worry i know him well and he knows as well for the fake ones, both of them are dentist and enjoy the real deal as well

Start with smaller cigars, in different marcas. For example my absolute go to, would get the H Upmann Half Corona. A very good representation of the brand. It takes about 30-50 mins to smoke. It may sound crazy, but go to La Casa del Habano on Sherbrooke, ask them for one, pay the big bucks. Go sit in their lounge and smoke it. Smoking a cigar is about the whole scenario not just the cigar. Have an espresso or some sparkling water. Light it with a butane lighter, not a Bic or Zippo! If you like it go from there. Dont smoke banana leaves that people bring back from Cuba, it leaves a bad impression on cigars as most are fakes.

a BIC is a butane lighter it's just not a torch it's tasteless just a harder to correctly toast and light

a BIC is a butane lighter it's just not a torch it's tasteless just a harder to correctly toast and light

Your absolutely right. Bic does use butane, my mistake. Toasting is quite hard with a soft flame but I like lighting my cigar with it. I usually use my xikar tabletop though

I love smoking cigars, but just don't have the will and money to collect cigars and humidors and what not.

Whenever I feel like smoking a cigar, I head on over to stoggies

Your absolutely right. Bic does use butane, my mistake. Toasting is quite hard with a soft flame but I like lighting my cigar with it. I usually use my xikar tabletop though

i use both, torch and long wood matches, when home i prefer the matches even if i need to heat up the foot a bit longer before, its kind of my ritual

better wait for all the sulphur to burn tho... or get sulphurless matches like i had before but i can't find them anymore

Back