Official Cigar Thread

On remonte a 2-3 ans avant que j'habite proche des lignes US, je commandais sur cigar.com. Je commandais par e-mail par un rep qui s'appellait Jeff (je sais pas s'il est toujours la) et il me shippait mon stock par la poste en écrivant littérature sur la boite. Tres bon service ! :)

Just ordered a box of these budget puppies, they have good reviews and i hope im gonna enjoy them with my late night rhum.

Product description :

La Caya Vintage Maduro Torpedo cigars are handmade with a blend of extremely aged Dominican Piloto and Nicaraguan Habano long-fillers, all wrapped in a Dominican Cuban-seed Piloto binder and a dark, rich Maduro wrapper. This combination of aged tobacco provides a medium bodied smoke with a smooth, slightly sweet tobacco taste. It has waves of toasted nuts, mild cedar, anisette and light breezes of licorice. The end brings you a tad of raw cocoa and coffee.

After being carefully handmade, these Torpedo cigars were extensively aged in a cedar lined aging room before being hand-packed in boxes of 25 cigars. For the price, there's nothing that even comes close. We guarantee it with our full satisfaction money-back guarantee. Smoke one and if it's not everything we claim, send the rest back for a full refund. We'll even give you a refund for the cigar you smoked. Torpedo are 6 1/2 inches long with a ring gauge of 52. 25 Cigars are packed in a Cuban style box.

La Caya has been making cigars in the Cibao tobacco region of the Dominican Republic since 1997. While they're a well known cigar maker in the industry, they're not well known to cigar smokers. That's because they usually make cigars for other cigar companies, under the company's own brands. Many of their hand made cigars have earned top ratings and praise. A few years ago they decided to take their best tobacco and make a limited amount of ultra-premium cigars under their own La Caya brand.

For non cubans I order from cigar-place.biz but it's been a while. When I reach for a non cuban I'm going for a Liga privada, some Arturo Fuente or Padrons.

Last edited:
Je suis pas un expert en cigar mais mon père oui. Le meilleur moyen qu'il a trouvé pour obtenir des cubains pas trop cher est de les commander de la suisse. Fouille moi pourquoi mais c'est là qui sont les moins cher. Par contre, je sais pas comment ça se passe au doines. http://www.swisscigarbank.ch/

Je suis pas un expert en cigar mais mon père oui. Le meilleur moyen qu'il a trouvé pour obtenir des cubains pas trop cher est de les commander de la suisse. Fouille moi pourquoi mais c'est là qui sont les moins cher. Par contre, je sais pas comment ça se passe au doines. http://www.swisscigarbank.ch/
Sa fait 1 an que 50% des mes boites se font arreter aux douanes pis crois moi Cest tres tres chere. Je paie un peu plus mais pas de surprises. En plus la suisse est connus Par les douaniers. Jutulise l'asie ou l'australie si je veut prendre une chance

Niice collection Gestion!

I have always loved cigars but I don't have a humidor. I've attempted to make a tupperdore, but when it cost me 4 pristine Cohibas I was really disappointed.

Right now I have a few more Romeo and Juliettas hanging around which are probably my favorite. One day I will definitely invest in a humidor and expand my collection!

Go with a coolerdor (http://www.igtc.com/~pmm/tupperdor.html). It explains how to make your own humidification unit, which works but is tricky to maintain. Order some beads (http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14) and it controls itself.

And voila. I've had mine for years it works pretty good, but it helps to have alot of cigars in it.

Budget solution for beads is cat litter...yes cat litter. The clear small crystals available at walmart...keeps a great 65%

Budget solution for beads is cat litter...yes cat litter. The clear small crystals available at walmart...keeps a great 65%

didn't know about that... and if youre not feeling that cat litter, this can be a good budget option :

the round humidifier with velcro is approx 2$ shipped on ebay, use propylene glycol solution on that and you should keep your stoogies around 65-70

didn't know about that... and if youre not feeling that cat litter, this can be a good budget option :

the round humidifier with velcro is approx 2$ shipped on ebay, use propylene glycol solution on that and you should keep your stoogies around 65-70

Problem with that solution of sponges or whatever, is that it only "gives" humidity and not "takes"
Beads and cat litter give and take humidity, A LOT less maintenance. Once your litter or beads are set, just need to check on them every month if that

Problem with that solution of sponges or whatever, is that it only "gives" humidity and not "takes"
Beads and cat litter give and take humidity, A LOT less maintenance. Once your litter or beads are set, just need to check on them every month if that

i use sponge type in both my current humidors and my humidity is stable around 70% for weeks at the time, i just soak the sponges again once a month when i see the needle going one step lower then 70, then again after soaking it will go back to where it was, using propylene glycol helps maintaining a stable 70%

for the cat beads, there's a thread about it on cigar.com... from my search, not everyone is having good results with them. But if they work for you thats great !!
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/660564.aspx

There's a cigar shope on st-Laurent in little italy, just south of Jean-Talon, where you can get a cheap humidor. Bring 60$ cash (I believe he is asking like 60+tax) and say that's all you got and he will sell it to you. It's not fancy looking but it will do the job for about 25 cigars.

One of my favorite cigars are a Hoyo del Monteray Petite Rabusto, sooo smooth.

A place you guys should try is the Cram Catcher cigar lounge on the reserve. It's right beside playground poker. Really nice place. They have their own ''Hiouse Brand'' cigars at 12$ a pop and smokes really nicely!

my favorite smoke is the montecristo #1, ive taken a liking to lonsdales seeing as they are bit longer the taste changes from beginning/middle/end
for an everyday smoke I like the h uppmann half coronas, perfect length and affordable too. You can get a box for about 170 at a place in st Laurent called ARO (but choose wisely and check your cigars before buying)

Other than that Im absolutely in love with the H uppmann 48 LE 2009, amazing cigar. If you cant get your hands on Cubans go for some Rocky Patel decade (Honduran)

have any of you tried Juan lopez #1?

i use sponge type in both my current humidors and my humidity is stable around 70% for weeks at the time, i just soak the sponges again once a month when i see the needle going one step lower then 70, then again after soaking it will go back to where it was, using propylene glycol helps maintaining a stable 70%

for the cat beads, there's a thread about it on cigar.com... from my search, not everyone is having good results with them. But if they work for you thats great !!
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/660564.aspx
I've posted in that thread a few times...there's no reason it doesn't work. In my collection I use 3 humidification devices. An accumonitor, beads and cat litter. The cat litter has been the least maintenance. Use whatever your happy with but do yourself a favor and lower your humidity. 65 for non cubans and 60 for Cubans. A lot more flavors and much better burn quality

how much does a decent quality, nothing fancy humidor cost?
Look into cuban crafters. Very good product for the money. Most humidors are ok just try the paper bill test. put a paper bill between the lid and the box and pull. If it comes right out no good it is not sealing properly. Do this all around the lid. As for my preffered humidification in a tabletop look for heatfelt beads in a tube. Very good space savings. A digital hygrometer is a must. Make sure to season before you place yoyr sticks in. Hope that helps

my favorite smoke is the montecristo #1, ive taken a liking to lonsdales seeing as they are bit longer the taste changes from beginning/middle/end
for an everyday smoke I like the h uppmann half coronas, perfect length and affordable too. You can get a box for about 170 at a place in st Laurent called ARO (but choose wisely and check your cigars before buying)

Other than that Im absolutely in love with the H uppmann 48 LE 2009, amazing cigar. If you cant get your hands on Cubans go for some Rocky Patel decade (Honduran)

have any of you tried Juan lopez #1?
Never tried either number #1 but have have smoked #2's in either marca and like the JL's better. I agree with you for the half coronas. I'm a bug big upmann fan...I would smoke only that if I had to choose one brand. Winnies, royal robustos, half coronas, #2's etc...but I can't wrap my head around the El 2009. I have 2 boxes and don't reach for the often enough. It has been a while so I'm gonna reach for one this weekend. Hopefully my mind will change. Hahahahaha

Definitely give the Monte #1 a try, the #5 is nice also ( a bit spicy)

another great cigar is the Vegas Robaina Famoso and san cristobal el principe which goes for around 10$ on cigarchief (bang for buck its worth it)

How about a MR cigar meet?

Back