LMAO @ people who don't let anyone else drive their car

ITT: des dudes avec des chars de mass production d'une valeur de 12 000$ qui pensent que leur char est de l'or en barre. Je garoche les clef d'la 4s à quelques chums, c'tun char.

C'est plus une histoire de valeur sentimentale que monnaietaire.

Et aussi certains pour qui 12k c'est beaucoup... C'est pas tout le monde qui a ton portefeuille et les moyens de se crisser de sa 4s.

What happens if they get into an accident?
Or something happens mechanically? Do they then have to pay for the repair?

I don't let anyone drive my car to avoid a conflicted situation.

Guess I'm a fruitcake !

Je laisse conduire pas mal tous mes proches, c'est même moi qui doit leur dire de peser plus. Le traction control se charge du reste... On achète ces voitures pour le fun, aussi bien le partager.

Pas d'inconnus ou de "connaissances de connaissances" cependant...

Je suis plus ass hole par rapport à l'état général cependant. Tu touches pas à la peinture, et traite l'intérieur comme si c'était ton beau plancher de bois franc neuf...

Depends on what you mean by "driving your car"

If a friend is driving my car I'll be in the passenger seat and we wont be going anywhere far or anything, or they'll drive it by me in a parking lot or something so I can hear how it sounds. I would never lend anyone my car that's for sure, unless it's a beater or something.

Seule personne que je laisse conduire ma voiture c est ma mère. Elle a un permis classe 2. C est elle qui m'a appris a conduire donc je la trust a pas faire dla marde avec.

You're full of shit I've driven your car a bunch of times hahaha

But yeah, the yaris only people I've seen drive, been passenger of their car and approve of their drive style. I have a friend that I let drive for about 100-200 meters, but now that I've been in his car for longer, I will never let him drive my car, ever, ever again.

And it's not about power lol (90hp crew checking in)

It's about driving skills (acceleration, straight line driving, turning and stopping), if you can't fucking stop without slamming on the breaks all the time... Then fuck off you ain't driving my car 5k or 100k aint care.

I'm a massive Fruitcake in this case.

Last edited:
What happens if they get into an accident?
Or something happens mechanically? Do they then have to pay for the repair?

I don't let anyone drive my car to avoid a conflicted situation.

Guess I'm a fruitcake !

My friend lent me his car, the windshield cracked after a stone hit it coming back from Bromont. I offered to pay for it but he said why should I waste money when his insurance would cover it. I still felt bad and changed his oil for free. A good friend would offer to pay and to be honest I wouldn't shake them down either. An accident? They would feel bad enough and that's why I have insurance. Shit happens. I trust my friends and I know they can drive rather damn well.

I will lend out my personal car to clients when in a pinch, I figure they trust me with their classic Porsche so I can trust them with my car. It works both ways.

As for hot chicks.. well thats the risk you take. I let this chick drive my Mustang last summer. She curbed 2 wheels pretty bad but I got to bang her a couple times. So in the end it sorta worked out.

My friend really wanted to drive my car. I can't stress that enough. I don't understand why, but that's fine. IT was still pretty new so I said no for a while. one day we went for a cruise and he literally threw me the keys to his 'Cuda and told me he was driving my BRZ home.
FINE BY ME! lol

I'm also of the camp where I love spreading the joy. When I had my 240sx though I spontaneously gave the keys to a friend and told him to drive us home. He wasn't doing a very good job in the parking lot so I told him I was driving again.

It boils down to a trust thing with me. I won't give my car to a non-enthusiast for the plain fact that they won't give a single shit. Whereas an enthusiast will realize I have a very rare colour and a somewhat unique vehicle, which hopefully allows them to enjoy the experience more.

It's like the kids say I guess, YOLO

My friend lent me his car, the windshield cracked after a stone hit it coming back from Bromont. I offered to pay for it but he said why should I waste money when his insurance would cover it. I still felt bad and changed his oil for free. A good friend would offer to pay and to be honest I wouldn't shake them down either. An accident? They would feel bad enough and that's why I have insurance. Shit happens. I trust my friends and I know they can drive rather damn well.

I will lend out my personal car to clients when in a pinch, I figure they trust me with their classic Porsche so I can trust them with my car. It works both ways.

As for hot chicks.. well thats the risk you take. I let this chick drive my Mustang last summer. She curbed 2 wheels pretty bad but I got to bang her a couple times. So in the end it sorta worked out.

So basically you paid for sex :bigup:

How is this working out?!?

Je laisse conduire des amis / nez rouge sans aucun problème.. un de mes amis avais acheter une mustang 1990 dans le temps pour genre 5000 $, et il shakais quasiment de me la laisser conduire 2 minute, tk le gros stress.. moi j'y laissait torché mon Mazdaspeed de 20 000 $ all alone no fuck given. à chacun sa façon de voir les choses. Pis j'adore les char et je stress à mort si jai une scratch.

My friends cars was in the shop for a lil more than a week .I lent him my car for the duration since I use my truck for work . I'd do the same with any car for good friends only though

I'm guilty of what OP is bashing because I had a bad experience and because I don't know many people that I would trust with any car.

I once let a girl I was good friends with drive my CRX after they had thrown me a birthday party and I had quite a few drinks but she hadn't, and I thought it was the responsible thing to do. My CRX was not a trophy car or the most amazing thing in the world, but my father and I, mostly my father, had spent quite some time on it to restore it to basically "like new" condition, so I had a big attachment to the dedication my father had put in it, and it was also my first car.

She went to turn the wrong way in a one way street, and when I told her, instead of stopping and backing up in the driveway, she figured she would just keep going and turn the other way. She ran the car straight in a 9+ inch high sidewalk (because shitty Sherbrooke streets), bent the whole subframe, cracked the radiator etc.

I've been making progress in the right direction though, I offered my father to drive the 350Z and he unfortunately never agreed to it, I actually tossed him the keys and refused. I think I'll have to bring him somewhere and then get myself drunk so he has no choice. I also let my girlfriend drive it once and she was so nervous it made her drive properly. Now anytime I ride with her in her car I tell to drive it like it's my car because I don't want to die.

C'est plus une histoire de valeur sentimentale que monnaietaire.

Et aussi certains pour qui 12k c'est beaucoup... C'est pas tout le monde qui a ton portefeuille et les moyens de se crisser de sa 4s.

J'allais apporter ce même point au topic.. J'ai pas les moyens de me permettre de me foutre de mon DD comme ça... Si j'était riche et que j'avais 3 autos dans la cours, c'est sur que je serais willing à faire essayer 1 de mes autos.

Sur ce, je suis donc un damn fruitcake aussi.

Très sage Y.
Après avoir lu ton message, je crois laisser conduire la Vette à des amis maintenant.... ils te remercient déjà de ta part :p
Par contre mes chums sont loin d'être des car enthusiasts comme moi, c'est ce qui me fais "peur" un peu.

Je laisse conduire pas mal tous mes proches, c'est même moi qui doit leur dire de peser plus. Le traction control se charge du reste... On achète ces voitures pour le fun, aussi bien le partager.

Pas d'inconnus ou de "connaissances de connaissances" cependant...

Je suis plus ass hole par rapport à l'état général cependant. Tu touches pas à la peinture, et traite l'intérieur comme si c'était ton beau plancher de bois franc neuf...

Très sage Y.
Après avoir lu ton message, je crois laisser conduire la Vette à des amis maintenant.... ils te remercient déjà de ta part :p
Par contre mes chums sont loin d'être des car enthusiasts comme moi, c'est ce qui me fais "peur" un peu.
:) En effet... Certains n'ont jamais conduit de voiture de plus de 300 hp. Dans ces cas, c'est assez évident qu'il faut les guider. Ex.: étampe juste en ligne droite, avec le traction control. Demeure molo dans la moindre courbe, ne serait-ce que de 5 degrés. On sait bien toi et moi que la C6 est plus "snappy" que nos vieilles Mustang molles. Si elle décide de décrocher, c'est parti.

Pour ma part, je ne laisse pas n'importe qui chauffer ma voiture. Même si c'est un Elantra. Je la garde en parfaite condition, dès que j'ai une scratch, je la répare. J'ai ma façon de conduire avec aussi, bref, je la chouchoute lol.

Je laisse ma fiancée la conduire car elle est 2e conductrice sur mes assurances et je sais qu'elle conduit bien.
Je laisserai ma famille la conduire sans problème aussi.

Tout est une question de jugement, si la personne n'entretient pas sa propre voiture au départ et qu'il s'en fou éperdument, car "C'est juste un char.." No way que je vais lui passer la mienne.

Comme disait MTV et DJD, je n'ai pas les poches assez creuses pour réparer les erreurs des autres.
J'aime mieux assumer mes erreurs.

Fruitcake ? Yes i am!

Y'a 10 000 choses qui arrivent dans la vie qui font plus de scratchs sur vos chars que de laisser vos amis conduire...
De toutes façons une elentra tout le monde s'en crisse mais bon. Si un ami me demande mon char pour aller chercher de quoi loin je vais lui passer tant qu'il met assez de gaz après...

Juste a mes amis de confiance car je sais qu'ils vont en prendre soin. De tout maniere, si quelqu'un me prete un vehicule, j'ai pas envie d'avoir l'air epais si je retourne sa voiture avec un incident qui serait causé par ma faute.

Juste les personne de confiance peuvent le conduire. Anyway la conduite sans assist c,est pas pour tous les conductreurs.

Back