really looking into a MB car... but seams as though hard to find info on!!!

delsolxxxsir

Legacy Member
looking for the 230 coupe (hatchback) model...

mercedes-benz-c230-coupe-tuning.jpg

I seam to be able to find any year model here in europe, but looks like model eneded in 2005 in canada?? Am I right? while trying to find more information, when I write hatchback, it gets me no information... when I type coupe, it gts me either those pre 2005 models or recent coupe model which have nothing to do with the hatch model I am looking for! and yes, I want the hatch model... looking to sell my TDI to get one actually, to be my daily. I know I won't get anywhere close to my 4.5L\100km... but oh well... A cousin of my fathers had one a while back and I just fell in love with the car... I would really love to have the diesel model they have here... but I'll manage with the 1.8L... really looking to stay away for the supercharged model or the bigger engine... want as much MPG I can get! plus I want it fully loaded... otherwise I'd keep my jetta as it's a gls model.

really hate the interior of 2004 and older models... so looking for a2k5 really... unless the interior can be swapped? in any case, where could I get more information??? thank you!

The newer CLC in Europe doesn't look too bad but the back has a cheap look to it. Get a Kompressor remove the airbox and enjoy the sound of the supercharger :D

c'est pas que j'ai de la misere a en trouver a vendre, j'ai de la misere a trouver de l'info dessus... I like the look of it, and really don't want the supercharged model... would even prefer the diesel model... so I'll go as tiny engine as possible untill I can find out how to swap a dieselengine into it :p

Un ami a eu ça comme premier char et c'était un vrai pita, il avait seulement 90k km à l'époque en plus. Il a changer plein de cossins et les catalyseurs ($$$).

you're just asking for trouble with this car

As far as I know, only the kompressor was sold here, I doubt you can find one with the base model engine they have in europe. MB diesel swap????.....seriously, either move to europe or find something else you like.

The engine (the gasoline 4cyl) sounds and feels like it came from a tractor.
The gear ratios are way too long.
The fuel economy sucks
Its too heavy for its size (3300lbs)
Its notoriously unreliable, especially the timing chain which likes stretching and helping the valves hit the pistons
It was built while MB's quality was historically low
The interior material feel like their came from an early 90's sunfire
The car has no sporting aspects whatsoever, the suspension is soft, the gearbox is notchy and doesn't respond to fast inputs

The only one that's worth considering if you still really want a c hatchback, is the C320 with a 6sp M/T. Even then the gearbox is a joyless experience, but more power and the better sound fixes a lot of things.

A diesel swap in one of these things would make an already terrible car even worse.

shit... he had it for years ( still does) and all is well with it... I won't go for a swap.... I was just kidding lol but I really don't care about the joyless experience, I have a jetski and a bike, I just like the model... and the options. is th engine THAT bad? the base model? I don't care that it sounds likea tractor or pulls as hard as a 2cv... I just want it to be at least as reliable as my jetta and not that gs guzzling... can't believe a 1.8 would be THAT bad... and yes, found some 1.8 on kijiji, so not all of them are supercharged.

any good forums for that perticular model? thanks guys! keep the input comming! it,s not going to deaf ears... just don't care much for engine sound and speed.

Engine isn't that bad, as long as you're religious with oil changes.

Driver window likes to fall in, roof likes to get stuck and loves to leak as well. If you want something better in that same generation, go for a c32 or a c43 amg.
mercedes-benz-c32-amg-kompressor-01.jpg

much nicer to start with, it is a sound engine as well and better everything.
c43 is older gen, but overall easier to work on and a much better car.
2.jpg

forums, Benz World/MB World

because I am somewhat of a purist, find yourself a clean w124 and convert it to full fuel injection from TurboBandit ;)

The supercharged is quite reliable as it was there in the W202 and SLK. The problem is with all the electronic modules... They are expensive and prone to fail.

The engine is not an issue at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thanks for those 2 models, they are beautiful! but really want the hatchback version ;) don't want a golf... as it's too much the same as my car... loved my EK, but options are just... nonexistant :p don't really like the look of the bmw's in HB versions... and the only HB in audi's line-up is the A3... which is WAY too expensive for what it is, and it's a HUGE ASS car... if we had the A1 in Canada, I'd be all over the new one! :D so I guess I have to go for the MB hatch 2005+... now I really want to know what I'm getting into...

Ive owned one of these for 5 years (2003 c230k certified by mercedes dealership) and it was fun to drive when it was not at the dealer or in my garage on jack stands. Just don't buy those unless you want to spend money on shitty mercedes product.

You absolutely want a german hatch?

Just find a good condition Mazda 3 Sport or something....even if the rust problems it's still better and a much more modern car.

Well, the c32 was available in wagon if that can help you tilt to the MB side :)
the w124 as well, reliable like no tomorrow. W124 was also available in coupe, the 300ce (available convert and hardtop)
Have you seen the older Audi Quattro SL's? Very nice coupe equipped with a 20vt, amazing motor...
If you're gonna waste dough on an A3, might aswell dump some money on the Golf R32 ;)

On a side note, has you considered the Volvo c30?
t5 is loads of fun, a motor developed by Volvo in 1993, almost unchanged until this day, plenty of aftermarket as well.

and the only HB in audi's line-up is the A3... which is WAY too expensive for what it is, and it's a HUGE ASS car... if we had the A1 in Canada, I'd be all over the new one! :D so I guess I have to go for the MB hatch 2005+... now I really want to know what I'm getting into...

really ?

C230 hatch :

Length (mm) 4,343
Width (mm) 1,728
Height (mm) 1,379

2007 A3 :

Length (mm) 4,286
Width (mm) 1,531
Height (mm) 1,423

Back