really looking into a MB car... but seams as though hard to find info on!!!

20140812193634-730_zpsdcy7sog8.jpg

Even at 330k km everything is tight and sound on it... Very easy to work on as well. After all: you pay for a quality build.

Haha, spotted you today, I was in front of you right before Canora @~3:15pm in the white Legacy Wagon :D

OP

I have the perfect solution for you. I can't believe I forgot about this.

You want German? You want a small(ish) engine? You want features like Panoramic sunroof? You want it to be in your budget (the A3 will have 92834892948012831283 km in the budget I think you're looking at) and be considerably more reliable and cheaper to maintain than an old C coupe?

Your best bet is the Opel Astra. You can find recent ones (07-08) very cheap and if you're lucky you'll find a fully loaded one with pano sunroof, leather etc. 1.8 simple engine.

PS: The Mazda 3 GT interior makes the 05's C interior seem like a Lada but hey, to each they're own.

sure! how about a peugot 307 HDI while we're at it! :p

OP probably has a 5-7K budget, not sure why you guys show him these cars.

Thankx! I don'tt get why I still get suggestions for an R32...? for what I need and my needs, a 12 golf TDI would be sooo far superior!!! but not in my budget at all!

as for my initial needs, yep, still looking for alternatives...still not finding any! that mercedes you showed me looks really nice! but still not an HB!

never even seen one!! pretty good on gas? what about parts etc since company went down? I'll look into it for sure though!

Should be not bad on gas, 1.8 140hp. Probably not as good as a Corolla (but nothing in this class is) but probably not that far. Engine continued on the Cruze so engine parts should not be a problem.

If you keep the car for a very long time, in the future it might be harder to get body parts (in case of accidents) and they may be more expensive cuz it's a euro import (than again, the would be the case for the Benz, the C-Coupe probably sold even less) but other then than I don't see any issues. If the Saturn bading bothers you you could get full Opel bading and an Opel front grill, would look pretty good.

Haha, spotted you today, I was in front of you right before Canora @~3:15pm in the white Legacy Wagon :D

That wagon is hard to miss :)
I was heading up north to Rawdon :D

I didn't know Opels were available here.. Good call Lexus!

I know Saturn branded some Opels for the North American market!

That wagon is hard to miss :)
I was heading up north to Rawdon :D

I didn't know Opels were available here.. Good call Lexus!

I know Saturn branded some Opels for the North American market!

I saw the black front and blue Turbo lettering in the rear view mirrors so I was sure it's you. I opened my windows to say hi in case you also would of turned left on jean-talon but you went straight on canora.

I just thought abut the ford fiesta! what do you guys think about it?

Don't
I drove one once and I was dissapointed. It's not any better than any other econobox.
You could get a yaris hatchback otherwise, they can be had for as low as 4k in good shape and they are bulletproof.

Don't
I drove one once and I was dissapointed. It's not any better than any other econobox.
You could get a yaris hatchback otherwise, they can be had for as low as 4k in good shape and they are bulletproof.

sure but the options in the yaris suck... what I like about the fiesta is the euro feel and all the options! heated seats, a\c, console computer with temp sensor, radio control on steering, microsoft sync, mp\g indicator, etc. But never had a Ford product...so really iffy about it... loooked at the mazda 2 and... almost barfed... my budget would be max 10k

sure but the options in the yaris suck... what I like about the fiesta is the euro feel and all the options! heated seats, a\c, console computer with temp sensor, radio control on steering, microsoft sync, mp\g indicator, etc. But never had a Ford product...so really iffy about it... loooked at the mazda 2 and... almost barfed... my budget would be max 10k

For 10k you won't find a Fiesta with all the crappy gadgets you want.
Why not an other VW?

Don't

A 5sp fiesta is the most fun I've had in an econobox since the MK2. Much, much better than a Yaris/Echo in every possible way.

For 10k you won't find a Fiesta with all the crappy gadgets you want.
Why not an other VW?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...pe/1012308504?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

there's at least 10 more! it's a 15000 car... so of course it won't be worth that much 3 years later!

plus the dashboard really reminds me of a peugeot 307hdi I had in portugal a couple of years back and I LOVED it!

but I just asked a ford mecanic friend ofmine and he told me they are crap cars... dunno if he's just saying that because he has a focus and looks down on them :p it's almost the same car after all lol

Back