really looking into a MB car... but seams as though hard to find info on!!!

scary depreciation though....a loaded SES like that was well over 20K with the taxes and everything......3 years later 8K! I'd be pretty skeptical of such "deals"....many good condition ones, 2011, sell more around 10-12K....loaded SES i mean.

A 5sp fiesta is the most fun I've had in an econobox since the MK2. Much, much better than a Yaris/Echo in every possible way.

Says the one who bought an IQ. Next time I'm shopping for a car, I'll ask advice to my aunt driving a Jeep Patriot and an Elentra :roll:

2011 Fiesta SES > 2005 C-Coupe 230

Au niveau des gadgets électroniques et de la fiabilité, that's it.
La Fiesta n'a pas une direction agréable (quoi que les Mercedes non plus), a une position de conduite d'éconobox avec sièges cheap, une finition ordinaire et un look qui vieillira mal, un confort très moyen, des performances en retrait...

Et une Yaris a rien de fancy mais l'équipement de base qu'il faut (en 5 portes, pas 3 portes): AC, cruise control, pack électrique, prise auxiliaire mp3.

Last edited:
I am not taking part of this thread anymore. It hurts my eyes and does weird things inside of me.

Going from a MB to a Fiesta... You might as well buy something older and expand your horizons... Indebt yourself and get a Lexus CT200 F sport or something like that if you're really stuck on a hatch with a ''euro feel'' and ''luxurious interior'' with ''white lights'' and AC etc etc etc

Or find a slightly accidented (from the front) 05 c230 coupe, do a proper engine swap (3.2sc amg) and put in the rest of the money to make it properly reliable and you might get in the 10k range.

Op looking for a Mercedes Benz, ends up buying a Ford Fiesta instead

reminds me of Dartman

Je vois pas le rapport... j'ai pas changé d'un V8 sport ˋa un 1.4L turbo...

Je cherche un hatch avec le plus d'options possible et qui est le moins chers en gaz possible... couldn't care less about the front bagde! as long as it's below 10k and has the options I'm looking for.

and yes, if you keep telling me to put a bigger engine when what I want is to put a smaller engine, then yes, you can leave the thread as you clearly have not understood my needs! I don't want a sports car! I want a reliable, practical, frugal DD!!! already have a bike and jetski for thrills...

L'affaire c'est que c'est un peu stupide je trouve de chercher "le plus d'options possible". Quelles options t'intéressent vraiment d'abord? GPS, sunroof, bluetooth, 10 speakers, bancs et rétroviseurs chauffants, radar de recul...?
Et tu tiens vraiment à avoir ces gadgets inutiles qui vont briser plutôt qu'une ride solide, belle, agréable, bien finie?

Avoir le GPS et le bluetooth pour le "confort" si c'est pour te faire brasser le cul dans un éconobox et pas entendre la musique à cause du bruit de vent, je trouve pas que c'est un bon trade off.
Sinon les Scion IQ sont pas trop mal équipées et autour de 11k$ used (une fois négociées). C'est cheap sur le gaz, automatique, clim, bebelles électriques, bluetooth, hatchback.

Mais j'irais vraiment plus vers une Golf TDI tant qu'à ça.
Pourquoi pas une Insight? C'est pas euro feel mais vu que t'en es rendu aux Fiesta ont peut bien proposer n'importe quoi.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ex/1012001367?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
GPS, rétros chauffants, clim automatique, boite automatique, mp3, bluetooth, tire pressure monitoring, cruise control, tout ce que tu veux!

Sans pub
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ine/594636665?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Je vois pas le rapport... j'ai pas changé d'un V8 sport ˋa un 1.4L turbo...

Je cherche un hatch avec le plus d'options possible et qui est le moins chers en gaz possible... couldn't care less about the front bagde! as long as it's below 10k and has the options I'm looking for.

and yes, if you keep telling me to put a bigger engine when what I want is to put a smaller engine, then yes, you can leave the thread as you clearly have not understood my needs! I don't want a sports car! I want a reliable, practical, frugal DD!!! already have a bike and jetski for thrills...

if you have not yet understood the problems with the motor that is in the benz you want then you will not understand why to swap it with a proper motor. The SC OEM motor is a guzzler because of they weight of the car, with a light foot and a bigger motor you'll get a better fuel efficiency.

You want a reliable DD yet the cars you speak of are not reliable and will empty your pockets in surprises only.

Your query went in the fashion of having to be german and absolutely a hatchback to... a F'n Fiesta! I don't think that you have taken the proper time to figure out what you really want nor what you really need. Only thing that is truly clear is price at this point.

Just because something is swapped does not take away from it's realiability unless you went full retard.

Follow the steps and import yourself a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI if you want hatch, euro, fuel economy. Or just accept the fact to change your spectrum of ''want'' and ''actually exists or can get''.

I want a below 10k hatch with as many options as possible that is cheap on gaz... that's it! from what I can see, I should take a golf TDI and call it a day... but for that, I'd just keep my jetta... that astra option wasn't that bad! a fiesta isn't that bad of a car if you read most car reviews, they rave it! as for the mercedes, I guess I'll forget it, all I get here is negatives...

so, what are my real options? a yaris could be it... but it's so goddamn ugly... arghh...

Says the one who bought an IQ. Next time I'm shopping for a car, I'll ask advice to my aunt driving a Jeep Patriot and an Elentra :roll:

It's a lease FYI. And it's a great car. The difference between you and me is I don't go into every damn thread telling people to buy an IQ and compare it to sports cars.

I spent 10 days in a Fiesta driving through the Irish countryside, and extensively driven the US spec Fiesta, which is almost identical to EU version aside from longer gear ratios.

It is truly a great little car even in base trim. The last time I had that much fun driving a small econobox was an Mk2 GTi 8v. The Fiesta ST has also been hailed by reviewers as one of the best drivers cars in ANY class.

Fiesta ftw:

Sérieusement, une Fiesta? La transmission automatique est une des pires atrocités que j'ai conduit, le moteur manque de puissance, en plus d'avoir encore une timing belt et des fils à bougie... L'intérieur si tu fais plus de 5 pieds, est à l'étroit et on oublie les places arrières ! Même une Hyundai Accent est mille fois mieux conçu pour les avoir conduit une après l'autre!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Sérieusement, une Fiesta? La transmission automatique est une des pires atrocités que j'ai conduit, le moteur manque de puissance, en plus d'avoir encore une timing belt et des fils à bougie... L'intérieur si tu fais plus de 5 pieds, est à l'étroit et on oublie les places arrières ! Même une Hyundai Accent est mille fois mieux conçu pour les avoir conduit une après l'autre!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

This, y'a beau avoir 6 vitesses (me semble), elle est lente, tout comme sur les focus automatique. Le steering est encore plus numb et démultiplié que sur une yaris, la suspension prend pas trop de roulis c'est vrai mais par conséquent le confort pas écoeurant, pas de place derrière quand je règle le siège avant, et en plus vu que je recule le siège au max l'accoudoir de la porte n'est plus au bon endroit pour moi (j'ai le coude vis à vis le pillier B), visibilité arrière très bof. Le coffre a un volume correct (si on oublie la Fit) et le plastique du dash est effectivement mou mais ne compense pas pour autant le reste de la finition qui est très bon marché comme sur les autres citadines.

This, y'a beau avoir 6 vitesses (me semble), elle est lente, tout comme sur les focus automatique. Le steering est encore plus numb et démultiplié que sur une yaris, la suspension prend pas trop de roulis c'est vrai mais par conséquent le confort pas écoeurant, pas de place derrière quand je règle le siège avant, et en plus vu que je recule le siège au max l'accoudoir de la porte n'est plus au bon endroit pour moi (j'ai le coude vis à vis le pillier B), visibilité arrière très bof. Le coffre a un volume correct (si on oublie la Fit) et le plastique du dash est effectivement mou mais ne compense pas pour autant le reste de la finition qui est très bon marché comme sur les autres citadines.

lost it

First of all, hatchback. gotta ba cheap on gas... can't go from sub 5's to 10....

A\C, heated seats, cruise. those are the non-negociables.

as for the ptions, as to make it different from my jetta which has all that, I would love to have an exteriror temp sensor, a mp\g counter, steering controls for radio and bluettoth and preferably white lighting.

sunroof is optionnal, would like it, but not that important. The golf tdi 2010, if I want the steering controls, I have to have the sunroof, cause only the highline has steering controls.

options like leather seats and wheels etc are REALLY not important as those are very easily installed afterwards... whenever I feel like it.

Back