How much did you spend on your wife's engagement ring?

Meccio

Just wondering how much you guys spent in general? Anyone followed that 3 month salary crap? Under 5k? Share your story!

peut importe le montant que tu pais, le jour qu'elle va devenir folle, ce qui arrivera tot ou tard, elle va te reprocher de ne pas avoir paye assez quand elle n'aura plus d'arguments pour t'insulter

months salary? dammmn didnt know about that ''rule''

I'll pull the classic if you love me, whatever I give you will be fine LOL if she gives you crap well she is crazy!

Don't get married!

Faut être cinglé pour dépenser 3 mois de salaire pour une bague... La mienne est assez perdue qu'elle serait capable de la perdre. Elle doit passer une bone heure par jour à chercher ses clés et son cellulaire, je prendrais pas le risque avec une bague de 10 000$.

The 3 months salary would make sense for someone who make over 500k and take the 3 month salary of a mcdo employee :p

if you pay the ring 3 months worth of salary, how much will you pay your wedding lol?! You'll take a mortgage to pay it or what lol

2000$ or so, princess cut diamond.
got it on ebay, saved 1000$ then buying the exact same from a local jewelry story. I got it appraised and verified so it wasn't a scam, real diamonds and all.

i dont give a f*ck what society tells you SHOULD do, fuck them up their asses and do what you and your partner wants.
if your partner wants a 100$ ring then don't spend more than 100$.

20 pour 30$
1305048548812.jpg

Just wondering how much you guys spent in general? Anyone followed that 3 month salary crap? Under 5k? Share your story!

Apres ou avant les impot?

peut importe le montant que tu pais, le jour qu'elle va devenir folle, ce qui arrivera tot ou tard, elle va te reprocher de ne pas avoir paye assez quand elle n'aura plus d'arguments pour t'insulter

Est ce que sa vient avant ou apres l'insulte du petit penis?

la notion de calculer des mois de salaire a ete invente par le gros vendeur au monde de diamant ... coincidence ???

Est ce que sa vient avant ou apres l'insulte du petit penis?

si tu as un petit penis je serais certain que ca viendrait apres et non pas avant

The idea that a man should spend a significant fraction of his annual income for an engagement ring originated de novo from De Beers marketing materials in the mid-20th century, in an effort to increase the sale of diamonds. In the 1930s, they suggested that a man should spend the equivalent of one month's income in the engagement ring; later they suggested that he should spend two months' income on it.[32] In 2012, the average cost of an engagement ring in USA as reported by the industry was US$4,000.[33]
One reason for the increased popularity of expensive engagement rings is its relationship to human sexuality and the woman's marriage prospects.[34] Until the Great Depression, a man who broke off a marriage engagement could be sued for breach of promise. Monetary damages included actual expenses incurred in preparing for the wedding, plus damages for emotional distress and loss of other marriage prospects. Damages were greatly increased if the woman had engaged in sexual intercourse with her fiancé.[34] Beginning in 1935, these laws were repealed or limited. However, the social and financial cost of a broken engagement was no less: marriage was the only financially sound option for most women, and if she was no longer a virgin, her prospects for a suitable future marriage were greatly decreased. The diamond engagement ring thus became a source of financial security for the woman.[34]

donc si tu l'as deja fourrer la bague doit couter encore plus cher

I haven't spent anything yet but I won't buy something ridiculous ..I'll buy whatever catches my eyes first and the price won't matter

I told my wife to pick what she wants within a predefined budget we both agreed on, she's happy and i'm happy, win win. When we started dating, i told her she would end up marrying me, so a surprise proposal was not needed :D.

If you just shop properly, wait for the big stores and their ring sales. The bay for example would have 60% off rings plus if you get lucky, you can get 20% additional if you sign up for the CC. I have a friend that got a 10k tiff & co straight from the distributor at a huge discount (was his client) and another buddy that got a 5k ring at the bay for 2k.

I agree with the posts above... you should see how these women treat their rings. These wives at crossfit have a good 1.5ct+ ring that they wear while using equipment...worthless

I know when I start searching, I wouldn't go for an all diamond ring. I would add her gemstone to the set as accents to make it more unique.

Custom made ring from our long time jewler. About 1k for the ring in 10k white gold, the diamond is worth 3k (marquise cut) but got it for free from my dad. He paid under 1K for it at a jewler auction.

Total paid: 1K for a 4K ring ;)

My Suggestion...
Go to a pawn shop and find a kick ass ring with a huge rock. you will pay 30c on the $
Then, get the diamond unmounted, the gold melted and make a new ring with that material.

The 3 month's salary tradition was a popular thing in the US about 2 decades ago before the split between Cost of Life and Minimum Wage grew to what it is today.

Personally, I don't think it should be 3 months salary, or anywhere near that considering the average person grosses between 10 and 15k in that time frame. I would simply go and have a chat with one of my clients, a diamond wholesaler, and figure out what size, color and clarity I want, and then have it put on a ring. The diamond really is what costs a lot, the ring is maybe , MAYBE $200 because there's just so little metal in there. I figure I'd get exactly what I want and have it be something pretty "impressive" in the 2-3K range...

Back