C63 AMG Questions..

leungsta

So with my 335i currently being parted out and on the market very soon...I'm looking to buy a C63 AMG in spring!

What's the best year to buy in terms of performance/reliability? From my research, there are some years where LSD was included in the performance package and a year where they got rid of it. I'm definitely in the market for a C63 with performance pack.

What kind of gas mileage do you guys get?

Also, to those who have tried both coupe and sedan, which one feels better in terms of handling?

Sedan alllll day!

Secondly, you definitely need to get an LSD with this car. Kinda sad MB didn't include on all models, especially in an M156 equipped car with that much torque....
Not a deal breaker though, because you can buy aftermarket LSD for ~$1000

Gas mileage is absolutely horrible.. I average 19l/100km's lol
But I don't care about gas mileage..

Haha I wasn't expecting good numbers for the gas mileage...but I don't really mind since I have my A4 as a daily.

Differences between P30 / P31? Is P30 for the older models and P31 is the newer models? Any other differences?

Personally I like the look of the sedan vs the coupe, not sure about handling but the coupe is heavier because of the glass roof. Also there's something about a fast sedan that I love.

Fuel economy, my daily work commute is mixed & I'm not in traffic so I avg 14l/100.

If you can afford it, go for a face lifted model, 2012+ although I'm not sure if the LSD was included with the performance pkg aka P31 pkg. I know my '10 didn't have it but it was included in '09 & '11.

2009 & early 2010's PP was the P30 pkg...
The P30 AMG Performance Package includes:
- AMG Limited Slip Differential
- AMG Compound Braking System
- AMG Track-Calibrated Suspension - stiffer springs
- AMG Leather/Alcantara Performance Steering Wheel
- Top speed increased from 250 to 280

Changes in the P31 pkg., done during the 2010 model year...
+30hp (SLS internals)
Red brake callipers
Regular C63 suspension
CF trunk spoiler
LSD???

Also the 2012+ have the newer MCT trans & updated interior too

I've had mine for about 3 yrs now & still absolutely love it, love the bark on cold start ups, love the torque, love the looks I get when getting on the gas & people take a second look to say wtf :). One thing though with the PP, front brakes aren't cheap to replace vs the regular ones, parts are cheaper state side of course but still over $700.US per front disc.

Last edited:
early models can have a problem of leaking intake manifolds (was costing 3500 to repair but I think now it can be done for cheaper ) and a few had cracked headstuds problem but I think it is not very common.

hard on fuel and rears... loads of smiles
46ea3cce2f69154a32925618d79552f2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sedan alllll day!

Secondly, you definitely need to get an LSD with this car. Kinda sad MB didn't include on all models, especially in an M156 equipped car with that much torque....
Not a deal breaker though, because you can buy aftermarket LSD for ~$1000

Gas mileage is absolutely horrible.. I average 19l/100km's lol
But I don't care about gas mileage..

Haha I average that in my f150 ecoboost pulling a 7k lbs trailer daily

Back