Lived in the city for 6 months... 5 bent mags and 2 popped tires WTF

Dr3w

So I'm from the north shore and I thought it would be fun to rent in the city for a year before buying a place back in my neck of the woods. So I've lived here about 6-7 months now and I bent another mag Sunday night. I've already tossed two in the garbage and had two machined... so this would be my fifth bent/cracked mag in 6 months. Before this I had never broken a mag in anyway... fast ford to yesterday and boom blew another tire as well.

Ste Jacques eats my mags and Decarie eats my tires. How the fuck do you people drive nice cars in the city ? Streets are like fucking mine fields... are my hole dodging skills not on par ? :cry: Going to put my car away tonight and take the suv for the time being.

You problably are the problem? Live in mtl for the last 2 year with 0 bent wheel and 0 flat tire.

I've bent 4 wheels in my life time. I live on the shore and do 90% of my driving on the shore. Every bent wheel has happened in MTL

Where did you learn to drive

20k clicks a year since 8 years all I had was curb rash

Step up your game when it comes to avoiding pothole!

but no joke, worst than that I find is parking especially in LePlateau... I don't know how people with luxury car i.e. 5series, A7, CLS, etc do.... they park their car inches away from a beater... I wouldnt sleep at night

Lived & drove lots in mtl for 11 years, never had anything like that happen but than again, the only time I had aftermarket mags they were big heavy mofos. Those with lightweight fragile 15s....poor you.....that being said, the streets in Mtl make most african cities' streets look good. Companies that make shocks, tables, ball joints, link kits, bushings etc LOVE our market and driving in the city in general is a nightmare. So glad I'm out.

I guess it depends on the car. The 328i 18'' wheels were fragile as fk. but i've never had issues with the A6 19" and 20''

^ Yea I'm thinking the stock 19" mags and 35 profile tires on my car don't help as compared 16's most have. Just realized my spare is flat too now -_- ohh getting it to my parents place is going to be fun... Fuck it I'm selling it and buying a hovercraft for the remainder of my time here.

More then you can afford pal... Mercedes!

F&F jokes aside it's not for sale I have too much fun with it especially with my pulley and tune ;)

With my ATS and the OEM 225/40/18, yes a 40 profile on a OEM 18'' wheel in 2014

i do lots of MTL driving as well

2 wheels bent + expensive run flat tires to replace due to a bubble last summer in about 9000km

I'm hoping for this summer to be less expensive, I despise getting a small SUV but it seems it makes sense for this purpose !

Dude i know with 2014 E55 AMG really badly ruined a wheel as well

I avoid 99% of the potholes but sometimes you go to the same path as the rusted caravan in front of you , he goes in the crater, not caring , BANG ! you feel the mag resonating in your Spine !

I know you-Feels

Mercedes are delicate at best. Would definitely not be my first choice for a daily driver downtown but it must be fun and comfy on road trips.

Back