where to change or upgade cluster on mk4's? want to have l\100km counter, etc.

delsolxxxsir

Legacy Member
just like they have it on the euro clusters...

mine is a 2001 tdi

thank you!

wondering if there is anyone here that can do it for a reasonable price!

you have two choices:
Buy a used one and live with the odometer being off, buy a brand new one and go through the hassle of having it programmed to your car.
Basically you want the MFA feature. In order to have that you also need a different windshield wiper staulk (i have one and its for sale) because it has the buttons for the mfa.
You want one for tdi so your best bet is to get one from ebay.de and looking up "golf sport tacho" I think it is the only mk4 tdi model that had a full mfa screen.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Golf-4-TD...552692830?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item339591ce5e

TONS of info here http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ster-Immobilizer-MFA-FIS-SKC-need-suggestions

I'll be honest with you, for the price of all this and especially if you have and android phone/tablet, get torque pro with an obd2 adapter and call it a day.

you have two choices
More than 2 when you know what you're doing

I have a co-worker at RussianFreak custom's that works with clusters, and he's good at it.
He made his mk4 cluster red & white, and decided he wanted a mfa, i suggested him to try options from overseas (actually cheaper than buying a full mfa and adapting it)

So he adapted a Skoda cluster, changed the colors, and he now has a fuckin cool and unique cluster.
I can get him to contact you.

MK4 color conversion(this one is for sale);

aKazPL.jpg

Skoda in his MK4 TDI

jtalEw.jpg

Sorry about the cellphone pictures, it's crisp in real-life!

It's been years since I looked a this, and yeah the skoda cluster is pretty sweet.

I hope i didn't sound like an asshole (i reread my reply lol)
I only meant to say that to do theses kind of mods you've got to have the right vag-tacho cables and a knowledge of binary code if you don't want to brick your cluster!

vanclyde, very interested in that cluster (white dials) if it hasthe maf! don't want a full maf... basically just interested in exterior temp sensor and l\100km counter...

can you ask him if he can do it? I know I need that stalk, if you have one, of course, I'm interested!

I know I could basically get for really cheap with an app on the phone (except for exterior temp) but I prefer the oem look.

hate the blue dials though and was actually reading on changing the LED lights to turn it to white! if it's already done, even better lol :p

I hope i didn't sound like an asshole (i reread my reply lol)
I only meant to say that to do theses kind of mods you've got to have the right vag-tacho cables and a knowledge of binary code if you don't want to brick your cluster!

No offence taken. To do this kind of swap, it is too involved for me. I looked into it, I wanted it. When I realized how much time and money was involved, I passed. I'm happy I did because I sold the car a year later.

Jai acheter mon cluster full fis en France sur leboncoin et j'ai été chercher ma Switch reostat et mon bras wiper ma dans une cour a scrap en France... Le seul problème est le fading de l'écran lcd... Je suis en train de le réparer....mais c le meme cluster que le skoda

Jai acheter mon cluster full fis en France sur leboncoin et j'ai été chercher ma Switch reostat et mon bras wiper ma dans une cour a scrap en France... Le seul problème est le fading de l'écran lcd... Je suis en train de le réparer....mais c le meme cluster que le skoda

combien? je pourrais te demander d'en avoir un autre et je te payes le shipping? merci!

C'est celui de skoda? parce qu'il n'a pas d'équivalent ailleurs, il est le seule avec ce genre de relief dans la facade!

ca l'air de ca le jour;

1000x1000.jpg

delsolxxxsir j'ai vu ton PM, je te reponds ce soir en revenant!

Bien sur la photo plus haut l'écran FIS est le meme... comme skoda fait partie dur groupe VAG, recherche sur le net si un cluster de skoda se swap dans un mk4
C'est quoi le part number du cluster de skoda???

j'ai payer mon cluster 150 E, et le bras de wiper MFA + rehostat +des tapis de bora + logo de bagnole euro (pour le fils de ma copine) ca ma couter 40 Euro dans une casse quon demonte soi meme .. attention au guepe cetait dans l'Ardeche

Je ne vend pas de cluster , regarde sur leboncoin.fr ou ebay .de ... ca tourne autour de 299 E .. mais si tu fouille un peu sur ebay.de ten a des moin cher... mais lecran LCD risque comme le mien detre du pour changer. Mais jai spotter un fournisseur ecran LCD FIS OEM pour environ 100$CAD ..et jai un ami qui fait de lelectro alors je vais lui demander de le changer.. je suis pas pire en soudure mais la cest des ptite patte de mouche...

edit - skoda cluster -->VW

pas pire ce cluster la...

Last edited:
Back