Scientists Have Created Crystals That Make Breathing Underwater a Reality

Scooter

Premium
The news: Aquaman. The Little Mermaid. Spongebob Squarepants. These are just some of our most recognizable heroes who can breathe underwater. And though it seems like the stuff of fiction, breathing underwater may soon be very much a reality.
A group of scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have developed what they're calling a "crystalline materials that can bind and store oxygen in high concentrations." In other words, they've figured out how to pack a room's worth of oxygen into a bucket full of crystals.

http://mic.com/articles/100506/scie...als-that-make-breathing-under-water-a-reality

Ok it's cool that it can contain oxygen, but how do you fucking breath underwater without drowning yourself lol

2835b37d89792aa25380cb7125ef4344.jpg

They had a liquid in The Abyss that allowed divers to breathe underwater at a deeper depth than a gas. It was actually used in the movie for realism. I remember reading an article in Omni about it about 25 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They had a liquid in The Abyss that allowed divers to breathe underwater at a deeper depth than a gas. It was actually used in the movie for realism. I remember reading an article in Omni about it about 25 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing movie....

ayoye.. respirer sous l'eau... wow.. si seulement on pouvait... oh !!!

Wait... la plongée sous-marine existe pas encore ?!?!

La seule chose que ca va changer c'est que la bouteille va etre plus petite et ils vont pouvoir rester plus longtemps.. mais ca changeras rien d'autre.. va toujours faloir un equipement pour convertir l'oxygene du crystal en oxygene respirable...

j'ai sérieusement toujours pensé qu'un jour ce serait possible d'extraire l’oxygène qui est dans l'eau

This is the kind of technology our society needs to come up with and move forward, not f*ckign new Iphones and shit.

Just a few grains they said? put those grains on the side of this contraption in your mouth and voila, you have starwars.
Kenobi's_breather.png

dans les années 90, y'avais eu comme invention un genre de tuba fermé en forme de 8 qui recyclait l'air , tu pouvais plonger pendant ~10 minutes, faudrais que je retrouve le ' livre des inventions '

Back