Hydro-Quebec - Smart Meters are a Cash Grab!

Meter Configuration Support
Consult Landis+Gyr 1132COM/1132Prog documentation or contact your Landis+Gyr distributor for
details on programming the Landis+Gyr meter.

We so need that software.
and more doc.
http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2418042#axzz3Go0zzsGG

what un 802.15 ca utilise.
wifi 802.11

Il communique avec la central avec du 4G.
sur un reseau priver.

il y a pas moyen ce brancher et modifier ca config.

il prend ca configuration sont unité central.
C est des termineau....

J e vais laisser faire mon reve de les pirater...

ahhh moin que

http://www.landisgyr.com/product/ansi-iec-optical-probe-aip200/

si j ai bien lut la doc. 9600 8 bit pas mall standar pour les consol ports....

Putty peux surment ce connecter et voir si possible faire des commende.
Mon guest c est des commands de base. Les config pour la lecture de la consommation est surement que sur le software a la central...

so much fail.

those fuckers camevto change mine when i wasn't home.

I bought my house end of october last year and before we moved in, they came to change it :squintfin

Strangley, ever since they installed a smart meter outside my apartment, my phone no longer works anywhere in my apartment except right by the window. It's a fucking pain in the ass.

Did it ever occur to you that your old meter could of been off ?

Of course people don't think of that (they don't want to.)

I don't know which meter is the good one, but neither do you...

No, I asked my neighbors and all of them complained about the same thing. The new meter def is more expensive in my case and my neighbors

Depuis déjà quelques temps, je considère fortement l'installation de panneaux solaires. Comme je cuisine au gaz et avec l'orientation de ma maison, je serais curieux de connaître la valeur réelle de l'investissement...

Have the new meter for about a year now, pay the same more or less, negligible difference. The meter people couldn't access our meter during winters because of the snow so we used to read it and call it in, no estimated bills.

Depuis déjà quelques temps, je considère fortement l'installation de panneaux solaires. Comme je cuisine au gaz et avec l'orientation de ma maison, je serais curieux de connaître la valeur réelle de l'investissement...
Hydro offre un système ou tu es un auto producteurs. Tu réinsére ta production non utilisés en échange de crédit. Tu n'a pas besoin de batteries pour emmagasiner ce que tu n'utilises pas et l'hiver quand tu chauffe beaucoup tu utilises tes crédits pour réduire ta facture!

Hydro offre un système ou tu es un auto producteurs. Tu réinsére ta production non utilisés en échange de crédit. Tu n'a pas besoin de batteries pour emmagasiner ce que tu n'utilises pas et l'hiver quand tu chauffe beaucoup tu utilises tes crédits pour réduire ta facture!
Je sais. Ce que je dois calculer, c'est si l'investissement en panneaux solaires vaut la possible économie d'argent sur une période X.

ITT people bitching about things they shouldn't.

1) Hydro Quebec is not charging more. They're just reclaiming money they were leaving on the table through estimates with the old system.

2) Charging for peak hours makes sense. You have to build, manage and maintain a larger grid because idiots want to run heavy appliances at times where the system is quite loaded. Charging less outside these periods allows for intelligent people to actually save money over a flat rate.

3) With the exception of people who have it on the inside of the house, the amount of power needed to transmit is not harmful. Anybody who claims its dangerous but then walks around with a cell phone and has WiFi needs a good smack across the head.

ITT people bitching about things they shouldn't.

1) Hydro Quebec is not charging more. They're just reclaiming money they were leaving on the table through estimates with the old system.

2) Charging for peak hours makes sense. You have to build, manage and maintain a larger grid because idiots want to run heavy appliances at times where the system is quite loaded. Charging less outside these periods allows for intelligent people to actually save money over a flat rate.

3) With the exception of people who have it on the inside of the house, the amount of power needed to transmit is not harmful. Anybody who claims its dangerous but then walks around with a cell phone and has WiFi needs a good smack across the head.

1) Estimate or not estimates they are getting the same account when they come in for a meter reading.

2) Charging more for peek hours is UNACCEPTABLE in a country where most of the energy usage is HEATING. Yes, winter. I don't care what time of day it is, I don't care if it's peek hour. If I'm cold I'm turning the heat on. Look at your usage in Summer vs Winter. We are going to get ROYALLY F U C K E D in winter.

3) Sure I agree with you there. Inside the house should not be allowed thou, outside I don't have a problem with it.

1) Estimate or not estimates they are getting the same account when they come in for a meter reading.

2) Charging more for peek hours is UNACCEPTABLE in a country where most of the energy usage is HEATING. Yes, winter. I don't care what time of day it is, I don't care if it's peek hour. If I'm cold I'm turning the heat on. Look at your usage in Summer vs Winter. We are going to get ROYALLY F U C K E D in winter.

3) Sure I agree with you there. Inside the house should not be allowed thou, outside I don't have a problem with it.

I'm not sure I understand your response to #1. All I'm saying is that the $/kWh is fixed for everybody. If you're using more than HQ is charging you for technically your cheating them out of money... not the other way around. 1000kWh is the same whether some guy comes to read it or it's beamed to them and if anything using the smart meter allows them to reduce personnel they need to pay to go around therefore reducing operating costs.

As far as peak usage, the extra charge is not to get more money out of people from heating, it's to get them to curb unnecessary use during a small window of time so that the grid can cope.

If I'm not mistaken in the winter months the peak usage is in the morning. (6-8am). Hot showers, kitchen appliances maybe even the dryer to finish drying kids snow suits that didn't dry overnight. All of this is happening at the same time in households across the province. This translate to them needing to buy higher capacity equipment which is more expensive and then during the rest of the day it sits there overspec'd for standard use. This equipment is more expensive and guess what... they raise the rates anyways to be able to pay the premium of the equipment.

Est-ce qu'ils envoient un avis par la poste avant le remplacement ?

oui.

si tu veux garder ton vieux meter sa coute a peu pres 300$ pis X/année par apres pour payer le gars qui vient le lire.

chez nous ils l'ont changé en mai et a date j'ai pas vu de difference sur les bills

I'm not sure I understand your response to #1. All I'm saying is that the $/kWh is fixed for everybody. If you're using more than HQ is charging you for technically your cheating them out of money... not the other way around. 1000kWh is the same whether some guy comes to read it or it's beamed to them and if anything using the smart meter allows them to reduce personnel they need to pay to go around therefore reducing operating costs.

As far as peak usage, the extra charge is not to get more money out of people from heating, it's to get them to curb unnecessary use during a small window of time so that the grid can cope.

If I'm not mistaken in the winter months the peak usage is in the morning. (6-8am). Hot showers, kitchen appliances maybe even the dryer to finish drying kids snow suits that didn't dry overnight. All of this is happening at the same time in households across the province. This translate to them needing to buy higher capacity equipment which is more expensive and then during the rest of the day it sits there overspec'd for standard use. This equipment is more expensive and guess what... they raise the rates anyways to be able to pay the premium of the equipment.

Let's revisit this.
Every year Hydro-Quebec has Record Profits.
http://globalnews.ca/news/1321852/hydro-quebec-records-record-profits-for-2013/

MONTREAL – Hydro-Quebec recorded a record profit of $2.9 billion in fiscal 2013, due to a combination of increased revenues from outside of Quebec and reduced costs, the Crown Corporation announced Friday.
The energy giant announced revenues of $12.9 billion, an increase of $745 million from one year prior.
Hydro-Quebec attained those results thanks partially to an increase of $254 million in exports and a reduction of $122 million in electricity purchases from Rio Tinto Alcan.
The $2.94 billion in profits was a sharp increase from the $860 million of fiscal 2012

Yes BILLION.

Now Read this.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/hydro-quebec-asks-for-permission-to-increase-prices-1.1946750
Hydro Quebec asks for permission to increase prices

"I understand that it might be a bit harsh for some customers," said Patrice Lavoie, spokesperson Hydro-Quebec. "We do understand that fact. That being said, we need to understand that it's basically the real cost of what it cost to provide the service to Quebec customers. We do not ask a rate increase to increase revenues. We ask because it's actually the real cost to provide the service for 2015-16 and it's the same process each year."

How can they have the balls to ask for more money when they are making record profits every single year.
They got DENIED the 5.8% increase in price last year and were given 4.3% increase. Now that's not enough! they want to milk us for more money by charging us more during different times of the day.

Does it cost them more to give us power during peek hours? Yes!
Do they need more money from consumers to have higher capacity equipment? No!

I would like to know what they are doing with all these BILLIONS of dollars of profit before they ask for more money. We have the right to ask as this is a crown corporation not a private company.

Last edited:
How can they have the balls to ask for more money when they are making record profits every single year.
They got DENIED the 5.8% increase in price last year and were given 4.3% increase. Now that's not enough! they want to milk us for more money by charging us more during different times of the day.

"They" ? "Them" ?

Oh, tu veux dire le gouvernement?
http://blogues.journaldemontreal.co...veritable-contribution-aux-recettes-de-letat/
http://affaires.lapresse.ca/dossier...topper-lerosion-des-profits-dhydro-quebec.php

C'est une taxe tout simplement. Au moins, la "taxe" est sur un service public que t'aurais pas le choix de payer anyway. Le prix est relativement concurrentiel en amérique du nord en plus.

Les profits, elle les redonne au gouvernement.

Bien entendu, la régie de l'énergie a été crée mais c'est de la poudre aux yeux.

"They" ? "Them" ?

Oh, tu veux dire le gouvernement?
http://blogues.journaldemontreal.co...veritable-contribution-aux-recettes-de-letat/
http://affaires.lapresse.ca/dossier...topper-lerosion-des-profits-dhydro-quebec.php

C'est une taxe tout simplement. Au moins, la "taxe" est sur un service public que t'aurais pas le choix de payer anyway. Le prix est relativement concurrentiel en amérique du nord en plus.

Les profits, elle les redonne au gouvernement.

Bien entendu, la régie de l'énergie a été crée mais c'est de la poudre aux yeux.

Merci. Ce sont là quelques bons articles. certaines choses que je ne connaissais pas.

Wind is a terrible idea in Quebec, it's green energy but at a very expensive cost. Hydro is much smarter here.

Vous pensez vraiment que c'est hydro qui demande la hausse des prix ??? sortez-vous la tete de d'dans l'sable... le gouvernement en veux toujours plus, il demande toujours plus de cash d'hydro.. comment voulez-vous qu'hydro en donne plus ?? lol

Back