Another terror attack going on in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, you really need to be retarded to believe in a god whatsoever.

and

10519184_10152259410287633_8594065511435317964_n.jpg

Your 1st statement is idiotic

The picture makes sense

warning from a Legislative Assistant: Testimony

Heads Up! The shooting started on Parliament at 9:52 AM. This photo was taken at 9:30 AM

"I'm a legislative assistant, here is the view outside my office at 9:30a.m, (about 15 minutes before the 'crazed' gunman). Just a shit ton of cops hanging out by west block for no reason.
I know two things they aren't telling the press/public. Hopefully you dipshits will take this serious because my career is on the line.
a car bomb was set off in the Nepean area today and knocked off the main transmitter killing power to our city's west end.
police used jammers to disrupt ALL cell phones in the downtown area during lockdown

Why does this matter?
why the fuck to ottawa police (not just RCMP) have the capacity to do this?
this was just a test. Brace yourselves

If you see/hear that a legislative assistant died, had an accident, committed suicide whatever I'd like to say for the record that I've never wanted to kill myself. I take my job serious, but I ask honest questions.

Wednesday's there are events hosted at parliament, and security is slack. There was no need for all these police at parliament this morning pre-shooting incident. Nobody (pm and opposition leaders excluded) of great significance was scheduled for today.

Further, blowing up the west end's transmitter should just make people angry, not dependent on the government. I feel like if we don't stand up right now, we will be baited into losing everything because ISIS.

One last fun-fact: yesterday the house debated two things
Ebola in west Africa
terrorist attack/not terrorist attack in Canada "
https://www.facebook.com/groups/399927350078610/

---

I heard nothing on the news about a nepean explosion though..but that dont mean it didnt happen

:dunno:

Seems like that legislative assistant never looked out of her window. When I'm downtown, if I'm passing by the Parliament, it's not out of the ordinary to see 3-4 cop cars just hanging out there.

Ey les filles, arrêtez de polluer le thread avec votre discussion de merde et postez des informations si vous en avez

'my bullshit' is someone elses video. and you post 1 min after me, so its not like you even watched - thats bullshit

$92 billion on security from 9/11 to 2011 & this fk'n guy can get all that way & into the building unapossed!? what a fk'n joke! 

I guess you've never been to Ottawa... Or even parliament. Yes, you can just walk around the parliament. It's a calm city, people are normally a lot more relaxed than in Mtl (where I lived for over 20 yrs).

I was 2 corners away from the Dawson shooting... the events at Parliament reminded me of that day. I have a friend who works at Parliament and talking to him yesterday... it was a very intense, traumatic experience. Cops, RCMP, Army, Tactical Teams they're "ready", but not real live situation ready. I was very chaotic.

Hoping the city can get over this and life can go back to normal.

les militaires on recu l'ordre de ne plus porter leur uniforme en public.

c'est quoi que vous en penser?

pour ma part, je pense que cette mesure peut "peux-etre" eviter que d'autre militaire soit la cible facile de radicaux. Mais en meme temps, je trouve ca un ironique, de se "cacher" comme ca, sous la menace terroriste. Qui selon moi, on p-e reussi a nous terroriser.

j'aurais preferer qu'on arme toutes nos soldats et qu'on les deplois a tout les coins de rue pour "demontrer" qu'on a le control et qu'on ne se laisserais pas "terroriser" par les terroristes.

discuss.
présentement les soldats sont ciblés et ne peuvent pas porter leur arme en public. Ils mettent leur vie en danger et celle des autres. Je suis un peu d'accord avec cette mesure. Je me mets à leur place et je me sentirais plus nerveux pour pas grand avantage.

Your 1st statement is idiotic

It's idiotic if you're an idiot, yes.

Would you say Stephen Hawking is an idiot?

“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”

― Stephen Hawking

EDIT :

Actually, let's go ahead and call Hubert Reeves an idiot too because he doesn't believe in it either.

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that this Nature that he has been destroying is this God he's worshiping."

These quotes are not proof that there is or isn't a god of course (as if much proof was needed), but they are a small sample of the overwhelming tendency of really smart people to not believe any of that bullshit.

What's your stance on that bro?

Last edited:
Visiblement ému, le sergent d’armes Kevin Vickers, qui a abattu le tireur dans les couloirs de l'édifice du parlement, a été accueilli en héros par les députés de la Chambres des communes, au lendemain de la fusillade. Notre couverture en direct ici :

An emotional opening to today's sitting of the House of Commons. The daily Speaker's Parade to the House is led by Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers, who played a major role in stopping the gunman in yesterday's attack. Watch raw video as MPs give him a standing ovation.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/societe/2014/10/23/001-lendemain-fusillade-ottawa-retour-deputes-communes-canada.shtml

1310961432685_ORIGINAL.jpg

“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”

― Stephen Hawking

EDIT :

Actually, let's go ahead and call Hubert Reeves an idiot too because he doesn't believe in it either.

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that this Nature that he has been destroying is this God he's worshiping."

These quotes are not proof that there is or isn't a god of course (there is enough proof as is), but they are a small sample of the overwhelming tendency of really smart people to not believe any of that bullshit.

What's your stance on that bro?

Just because some smart people doesn't believe in god, doesn't make you smart for not believing in god ;)

présentement les soldats sont ciblés et ne peuvent pas porter leur arme en public. Ils mettent leur vie en danger et celle des autres. Je suis un peu d'accord avec cette mesure. Je me mets à leur place et je me sentirais plus nerveux pour pas grand avantage.

IMO toute réaction est une réaction de trop...

Just because some smart people doesn't believe in god, doesn't make you smart for not believing in god ;)

Even if that was true, I would still choose to side with the "some smart peoples" who have pushed the world forward and don't devote their lives to holding it back.

We both know I'm not going to spend the rest of the day posting quotes from other smart people who share this mindset, although we both know there would be enough material to spend weeks doing it.

EDIT : Stephen Hawking, as a true scientist was "skeptical" for years, but ultimately just let it go and admitted that in his book "A brief history of time, he used the word god as a shorthand for the current understanding of physics at the time the book was written.

"In A Brief History Of Time I used the word "God" like Einstein did as a shorthand for the laws of physics."

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/11/science-stephen-hawking-brian-cox

Others have done it too, and as some of them pointed out, if your TV show is publicly funded and you outright deny god on it, you're fucked, so you gotta be clever about it. It ultimately allows you to broadcast religion destroying TV shows and masquerade them as investigative skepticism, which is hilarious.

Everyone knows, but no one will admit it outright because dumb religious peasants pay taxes.

Last edited:
Even if that was true, I would still choose to side with the "some smart peoples" who have pushed the world forward and don't devote their lives to holding it back.

We both know I'm not going to spend the rest of the day posting quotes from other smart people who share this mindset, although we both know there would be enough material to spend weeks doing it.

EDIT : Stephen Hawking, as a true scientist was "skeptical" for years, but ultimately just let it go and admitted that in his book "A brief history of time, he used the word god as a shorthand for the current understanding of physics at the time the book was written.

"In A Brief History Of Time I used the word "God" like Einstein did as a shorthand for the laws of physics."

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/11/science-stephen-hawking-brian-cox

Others have done it too, and as some of them pointed out, if your TV show is publicly funded and you outright deny god on it, you're fucked, so you gotta be clever about it. It ultimately allows you to broadcast religion destroying TV shows and masquerade them as investigative skepticism, which is hilarious.

Everyone knows, but no one will admit it outright because dumb religious peasants pay taxes.

Tl;dr but I repeat, siding with smart people on some opinions doesn't make you smart. Just because Einstein loved cheesecakes, doesn't make an obese smart (we know all obese love cheesecakes).

Meanwhile...

http://conservativetribune.com/muslims-demand-special-welfare/

Muslims Demand Special “Muslim” Welfare… The Details Are Absurd
A Somali women’s advocacy group in Minnesota, known as Isuroon, is demanding that the major metropolitan area of the state provide ‘halal’ food within their food bank for needy Islamic citizens, according to the Inquisitr.

Halal food is that which is permissible to eat under Islamic law, which generally means pork-free, as Muslims consider pork unclean and inedible.

The group is demanding that Hennepin county create a special ‘Halal shelf’ at the food bank, at taxpayer expense, specifically for Muslims to use.

“Isuroon has reached out for Hennepin County’s support for the Ethnic Food Shelf, and has cooperated fully with the Hennepin County commissioner’s office and provided the county with their required qualifications,” the group said in a statement. “The commissioner’s office has ignored Isuroon’s requests for review and the community needs to respond to let the public know what has transpired. We want to make Commissioner Peter McLaughlin and the public know that we are serious about our need for an Ethnic Food Shelf which provides halal and appropriate nutrition for our community.”

― Stephen Hawking

I don't think Stephen Hawking is an idiot, nor do I think the person who I quoted is an idiot. The statement he did was idiotic. It might not be idiotic to him or to you, but to me it is. I'm sure I can come out with names of people you find intelligent that do believe in religion. So that is the main reason I find that statement (if your religious = ur retarded) idiotic.

Now do I find what Hawking said idiotic? Yes I do.

Sometimes I find it funny that most people who try to tell others that religion is all wrong will say: "Try to think for yourself. Don't follow others or what a book says". Yet, in this case you had to quote someone to prove your point. (Which is fine in my opinion, but just to show the contradiction...)

And going back to what he said... I like the last part... He's grateful... To who? And if it's to no one, why be grateful? You have no purpose here, you're the mere product of chance, we are nobodies, here for absolutely nothing, living 70-80-90 years to die and ... and... nothing! Great life purpose. Then you wonder why kids turn the way this Bibeau dude did? He has nothing to live for. No hope. No purpose. That's why society is going down.

And your Mr Hawkins said: We are each free to believe what we want

Sometimes I find it funny that most people who try to tell others that religion is all wrong will say: "Try to think for yourself. Don't follow others or what a book says". Yet, in this case you had to quote someone to prove your point. (Which is fine in my opinion, but just to show the contradiction...)

Wow....

There is a huge difference between quoting a fairy tale and quoting Stephen Hawking, just sayin'.

Now of course you are free to believe what you want, no one ever said the contrary.

It makes you free to believe that the decline of those life defining fairy tales in modern society is the downfall of mankind.

You're totally free to believe that. You're free to believe that going to heaven is a great life goal...and apparently Michael Bibeau thought the same fucking thing too so he got out with a gun and died for Allah.

Cheesecake for thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back