The internet didn't have ads this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
http://slate.me/1tHjzZ0

If you were wondering why the Internet was virtually free of banner ads this morning it's because Google servers were down.

Not only were ads not displaying but page loads grounded to a halt because of the inability to connect to the Google servers.

I was trying to use MR and I was loosing my shit. Fortunately in situations like this I can disable all ads which cuts the link to outside servers. Needless to say the site returned to normal (actually better than normal). At about 10:30 the Google servers came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/µblock/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

n9xu0vfzkvacn79smd1o.jpg

uBlock <3

Internet a des publicité?

Abblock FTW. je comprend meme pas encore comment du monde peuve se faire chier encore avec les pub, on arrive quand meme en 2015.

Al

all of above

I don't browse MR from my phone because the loading time is too long with ads and I can't block them.

Seriously Danny, Who the fuck cares if there's ads or not on the internet? No one gives a batshit about it rofl!

apart ceux qui en tire des revenues

Donc moi.

The site is provided to you for free but the only way we can do this is through ad revenue. By using ad blockers you are essentially telling me that you want to use the site for free AND you don't want me to be able to pay for it. It's a big FU from you to me and I don't appreciate it. In fact I may prevent ad block users from accessing the site entirely.

Donc moi.

The site is provided to you for free but the only way we can do this is through ad revenue. By using ad blockers you are essentially telling me that you want to use the site for free AND you don't want me to be able to pay for it. It's a big FU from you to me and I don't appreciate it. In fact I may prevent ad block users from accessing the site entirely.

As with everything in life, there's a difference between "tolerable" and "too much". We wouldn't use adblockers if the amount of ads would not be 1) too much 2) intrusive 3) slowing down MR.

Prevent adblock users all you want, this will only lower your revenues/visibility.

Donc moi.

If you want to go down that road then it'll most likely go back to EVF forums fiasco and you'll lose lots of website traffic.

Adblock or not, I don't click on ads so what's the difference. Are you going to guilt trip us into clicking on ads too?

Donc moi.

What's the point of forcing me to look at ads if I never click them?

If they make you money then great but I'm not saying "fuck you" I'm saying "I'll leave this shit for the people who actually click on them".

This business model is not OUR idea. It's the advertisers idea to pay YOU to show us shit that we don't CLICK.

You provide the support for the user content and accept the busines model to pay for it's maintenance, that's all good.

99% of people are here for user created content, so if you ban adblock users, content goes down, and so on.

I have never clicked an ad or banner on any site ever.

What's the point of forcing me to look at ads if I never click them?

If they make you money then great but I'm not saying "fuck you" I'm saying "I'll leave this shit for the people who actually click on them".

This business model is not OUR idea. It's the advertisers idea to pay YOU to show us shit that we don't CLICK.

You provide the support for the user content and accept the busines model to pay for it's maintenance, that's all good.

99% of people are here for user created content, so if you ban adblock users, content goes down, and so on.

I have never clicked an ad or banner on any site ever.

You don't have to click on them. Most campaigns do not require clicks to generate revenue.

apart ceux qui en tire des revenues tout le monde sen fou. Es-tu en mode trolling de tout mes posts aujourd'hui?

une chance chu dans ta ignore list, ca serait vrm pas beau sinon.

caliss que t pas futé.

pis l'autre artiste poche frustré qui parle de moi, esti c beau etre dans vos ignore list les gars, continuer de me donner de l'attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back