News: MINI Paceman Concept: a 2-Door Countryman

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...evealed-ahead-of-detroit-auto-show-debut.html

paceman-drop1.jpg

Arguably the best looking MINI yet, the new Paceman (not Pacman) concept is what the fun British brand refers to as a Sports Activity Coupe. Along the lines of the BMW X6, the Paceman takes MINI’s new Countryman crossover and lops-off two of the doors.

Normally we might criticize a vehicle like this for not being overly functional, but MINIs are really just made for fun. Heck, even the Cooper found a may to make the hatchback a cramped vehicle with little to no passenger or cargo room.

The concept car appears to be somewhat lower than the Countryman, but as is obvious from the flared rear fenders, it does feature all-wheel drive. As for what’s under the hood, well, this is a concept and so it’s MINI’s best offering: the 211-hp John Cooper Works turbocharged 4-cylinder.

Based on the reception the 3-door Range Rover Evoque has had, we’d be shocked if MINI didn’t roll out a production model of the Paceman soon.

We’ll await official word, which could come when MINI unwraps the soft-roader at the Detroit Auto Show on January 10th.

http://www.latribuneauto.com/report...rition-du-concept-mini-paceman-a-detroit.html

Mini lève le voile sur le concept Paceman. Dévoilé lors du Salon Internationale de Détroit, le concept Paceman préfigure un nouveau modèle de la gamme Mini.

Le concept Mini fait appel à un concept de carrosserie innovant. Sur la base du Countryman dont il reprend la plateforme et les dimensions, le concept Paceman affiche une ligne de coupé surélevé avec quatre places rehaussées, une garde au sol accrue, deux grandes portes et un hayon s'ouvrant en grand.

I wanted to hate the Countryman but then i saw a white S last week on the road and love it.

Not sure about this one yet but i'm sure of i saw one on the road, id probably like it.

les nouveau mini s sont 4 pate :) jai conduit un au travaile :)

C'est une option seulement disponible sur le countryman... tu peux pas avoir un hatch ou un clubman 4wd.. tu peux même avoir un countryman S mais seulement traction... all4 est une option

Back