Search results

1. shag

iMac SSD upgrade/hybrid drive

I'm about to replace the hard drive in one of my old iMacs with a SSD (24-inch mid-2010 if that changes anything). I believe I need to retrofit a thermal sensor as well as use a 2.5-to-3.5 inch adapter for the SSD. I've found the parts on Amazon (OWC, NewerTech, 3rd party sellers) but they're...
  2. shag

AV geeks - HDCP + Resolution problem on display

So I have this old high quality professional series LCD display which looks & works great with HDMI inputs, but it won't support HDCP signals as it was not intended for consumer use. Also, it only accepts progressive inputs (e.g. 1080p60, not 1080i). Anyone know a good solution to fix both the...
  3. shag

GP3R 2014 / World Rallycross

Anyone going? Looks like tons of fun...
  4. shag

Where do you guys get your parts?

I'm looking for a few OEM items & accessories (black performance grille for F30/F31, plate frame, possibly wheels, etc)... Where do you get your parts? I obviously don't want to pay list - who's doing the best discounts? Any local dealer, or should I look up out-of-province dealers? USA?
  5. shag

Best OT thread ever for the lulz: Buying a washer & dryer!

So, I have to buy a new washer & dryer (my front load washing machine broke, part more expensive than new washer, etc). I know this is a car forum, but this is the OT and everyone knows everything around here. MR, I call upon you to help me with my endeavour! I'm looking at Samsung (the...
  6. shag

Pool party chez Janette Bertrand

Who's in?
  7. shag

Mercedes-Benz GLK250 Bluetec now in dealerships!

Mercedes-Benz GLK250 Bluetec now at dealerships! Test drove one just like the one in the pic... not bad at all. Love the torque! Imagine that - 4cyl, 200hp/369lb-ft torque, 4MATIC of course, & 5.9L/100km hwy (8.3 city)...!
  8. shag

Frequent travelers, need your input - Frequent flyer miles, etc

Hi guys, I need some advice... I will be traveling by air a bit more this year (3-4 times to the US & at least once to Europe, maybe 1 or 2 regional or in-country flights). I would book all my business traveling with Air Canada whenever possible. A lot of people tell me that I should look...
  9. shag

Best cream soda?

Stewart's isn't bad. Discuss
  10. shag

BMW 3 Series Diesel unveiled at Montreal Auto Show (2013 328d)

And here comes the 328d. Not worth posting any other pics as it looks like any other F30, but get this... 4-cyl Diesel engine + xDrive all-wheel drive. I'm buying - bonus points if it comes as a Touring. The only thing is that the specs are wrong on the spec sheet on the iPad - hopefully...
  11. shag

Anyone try the new 328i (xDrive) & the facelifted Audi A4?

I'm shopping around but haven't got the time to perform a real test drive just yet. Both are 2.0T's, both are AWD, both have 8-speed automatic transmissions, etc. Comments? Discuss.
  12. shag

Anyone own a Slingbox Pro HD? I need to test something.

I just got a Boxee Box to use as a Slingplayer set-top box (as a SlingCatcher replacement if you will). For some reason HD streaming isn't working properly when I try to set it to Best (HD) quality - stream goes to 640x240 which is even worse than "Better" quality which is fixed at 640x480...
  13. shag

RWD drivers + winter, how well do you manage?

Thinking about converting to RWD... any comments? I currently have a 328i xDrive (STEP) but might switch to a F30 328i RWD as I'd like to go back to 3 pedals. However, I might consider the new 8-speed auto as car magazine reviews seem to be pretty good. How do you guys manage, do you keep...
  14. shag

What should I do?

So I have this 2009 328xi on a 48-month lease with 24k/year. I originally leased this car because I used it for work but now I don't - I use a company vehicle whenever I need to hit the road for business. Now I use it but not as much as I should and I am really under my allowed mileage. My...
  15. shag

B8 A4 owners - reliability?

Any B8 A4 owners out there? Any comments on your car's reliability?
  16. shag

40 Westt on Sources?

Comments? Heard good things about it, but I can't stand Flash websites. Discuss.
  17. shag

News: 2013 GLK-class - new 4-cyl diesel engine xconfirmed in Canada!

According to MB Canada's product bulletins, the new GLK250 BlueTEC will start production in October '12. The new engine is a 4-cyl turbo diesel producing 190hp/369tq with a 7-speed auto transmission. Nice! Click the following link for MB Canada's internal documentation including options...
  18. shag

Plate frame hiding "je me souviens"

Reading another thread made me ask myself if plate frames hiding "Je me souviens" are illegal... I remember plexiglas protectors being prohibited but what about larger plate frames hiding only the JMS part (e.g. some Ontario dealer plate frames are like that alot)... Anyone know what's allowed?
  19. shag

News: Mercedes-Benz A-Class revealed at Geneva Auto Show

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/new-mercedes-benz-a-class-geneva-show-2012-03-05?imageNo=0 http://www.auto123.com/en/news/mercedes-benz-a-class-revealed-at-geneva-auto-show?artid=141222 Damn. Discuss.
  20. shag

Any Audi A3 owners out there? Comments?

I'm looking at an A3 right now as I know that this will be the last model-year offering a hatchback - rumour has it that the next version will be a sedan - and am hearing good things about these cars. I am thinking about a TDI but might go the gasser route if the deal is good. Any feedback...
Back