40 Westt on Sources?

shag

Comments? Heard good things about it, but I can't stand Flash websites.

Discuss.

Went for Christmas supper paid by work a couple years ago.
Too fancy for me.
Food is good.
Everything is good, its just too fancy for me. You pay for the look and the service, not really for the food IMO.

Average price for a upscale steak house. Pretty good. Live jazz is nice too.

The chocolate soufle is huge and fkcin good . Once i went there with some friends and i ate 3 .. its so good

Food is NOT worth its price and pretentious is the right word to describe it. For the price, go to Shekz in RDP

40 West was very good when I went. One of the best steaks I've ever had.

It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

After reading this thread this morning, I went to grocery stores trying to look for the retail Moishes Monte Carlo baked potato but NOTHING, tried Maxi in West Island and IGA & Metro in Ile Perrot. Anyone know where I can find them?

I went there for a company super some years ago(when it just opened if I am not mistaken). Food was impecable, service was excellent, live band was spot on.... as for the pretencious side, ya, it's there but not right in your face.

As for those who say that it's not worth it... do you even know how to appreciate good food? 90% of you guys go to a place that would have a EXCELLENT reputation, get in there and scoff food down your throat. I know of people who worked at 40 Westt and they were in awe at how fresh the produce was and how CLEAN the kitchen was.

I would recommend that place in a HEARTBEAT. Having never been to the Queue de Cheval, I can't say anything (good or bad) about the place.

Back