Cadillac Commercial says BMW 3 Series is the best!

Its not so much the expense of an LSD, its the maintenance that it needs to keep it running smoothly, and consequently its a warranty nightmare on an averagely priced car, where they dont make that much money on it to begin with.

Not all LSDs are clutch-pack type. A Torsen LSD is maintainence free for the duration of its life...

You can't compare a Cadillac to a BMW, I'm sorry. BMW is BMW..

But you can compare cars in the same category. The ATS from what we can see has the potential to take on the world's best. But until a 3rd party car reviewer can prove Cadillac wrong, we're just gonna have to wait and see.

05-06 lotus elise had no lsd, same goes for a Porsche Cayman S and it would out handle any of these cars, and don`t tell me it`s midengine blablabla, Im just trying to show that a lsd is not always better. Are you an engineer ? No well then GTFO *tu*

En accélération a la sortie d'une courbe le LSD va poussé le char a rouler droit, donc a faire de l'understeer....

Give me a fkin break with the LSD. If really it was a MUST, BMW would have put it OEM on all of their cars but it's not. It's nice to have when you track the car every weekend, but in 95% of cases it is not needed. I had an LSD in my G35 and it made absolutely no difference in my day to day driving compared with my 335 including during winter.

Ohh and not because I'm biased because I own one, but the 3 Series is the best car in it's category, and it's been like that for 20 years now...

look its fine if you dont know how to take advantage of an LSD, it`s not for everyone and that is precisely the decision BMW made ... and sells their cars Open Diff, doesn't change a thing in peoples lives, but at least offer it as an option like infinity does

i personally find it more frustrating to drive a RWD open diff than a FWD car .. and i fuken hate FWD

2007 g35 S .. with factory caca visquous LSD .. = pleasure to drive in all conditions ... bmw 335 ... not so much

you prefer the B over the G? ...

05-06 lotus elise had no lsd, same goes for a Porsche Cayman S and it would out handle any of these cars, and don`t tell me it`s midengine blablabla, Im just trying to show that a lsd is not always better. Are you an engineer ? No well then GTFO *tu*

actually that is precisely what it is .. it`s about midengine blablabla
and in the case of the cayman S .. they didnt want it running circles around the 997 so they tamed it down a bit --> open diff

and believe me .. you can ALWAYS and in every instance get more power to the groud through 2 wheels than through one, even if you have a 5% locking ratio on the LSD

LSD ALWAYS ALWAYS better than open diff

but for the average hard core driver , proper spring and sway bar setup and a mid engine car can make up for lack of LSD 95% of the time

but if you want to be a champion ... lock that shit up

Lolll this thread is hilarious. I never said an LSD is bad, but to say a car is worthless (when everyone knows its not the truth) because it doesnt have OEM LSD is none sense.

And yeah you can all be mad because your car manufacturer isnt benchmarked by others hahah.... its fine to be jelly...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

look its fine if you dont know how to take advantage of an LSD, it`s not for everyone and that is precisely the decision BMW made ... and sells their cars Open Diff, doesn't change a thing in peoples lives, but at least offer it as an option like infinity does

i personally find it more frustrating to drive a RWD open diff than a FWD car .. and i fuken hate FWD

2007 g35 S .. with factory caca visquous LSD .. = pleasure to drive in all conditions ... bmw 335 ... not so much

you prefer the B over the G? ...

The BMW is years ahead of the G35 I find... I loved the sound and the looks but everywhere else the BMW and even Audis are better. Transmisson, power delivery, handling, road feel, interior, comfort, ergonomy etc... also an LSD, out of a corner when wet, if your not awake, you can easily loose it and makes the car a lot more tail happy. Good ans bad at the same time.

In the end of the day, guys run 11 secs and faster on the 1/4 mile with 335 with open diffs and they are more than fine but in day to day driving and even a little more aggresive take offs I havent noticed a huge difference between the G and the BMW in terms of traction. I dont track the car but like spirited driving and I havent missed traction to the point where it bugs me. I did have very good tires in both the G and the 335 so it mightve helped.

Also im not dissing the Cadillac and cant wait to test drive it but I just found it funny the way they made their AD.

People getting butthurt and jelly about this are hilarious. You'd also noticed I'm and Audi fanboy not beemer!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ce que le monde comprennent pas, Cadillac a pas basé sa voiture sur une BMW vieille de 15 ans.

Ils ont regarder dans les dernieres années, quel voiture a été un exemple de plaisir de conduire, quel voiture offrait une expérience de conduite mémorable.... Ensuite ils ont prit cette voiture et on intégré cette expérience de conduite a une voiture neuve.

A l'inverse, sans aucun doute que la nouvelle série 3 est supérieur a plusieurs point de l'ancienne mais le but n'était pas de séduire quelques puriste mais bien une part de marché, la nouvelle BMW a changé et a évolué. Le but de Cadillac est de démontré qu'il est possible d'offrir une voiture de luxe avec une expérience de conduite mémorable.

Aucun esti de criss de rapport avec un LSD....

Its not so much the expense of an LSD, its the maintenance that it needs to keep it running smoothly, and consequently its a warranty nightmare on an averagely priced car, where they dont make that much money on it to begin with.

Lolwut? My LSD in the Legacy GT had 250 000kms with factory fluid in it, never taken apart, never any noises or any issues at all.

This thread is funny indeed. OP did not say on any occasion that LSD is worthless on a car, rather it is not necessary for a daily driven car that isn't tracked. I too went from AWD with LSD to AWD with open diffs and tell you what...? There is no difference at all in day to day driving and snow drifting round parking lots. Only time we spotted the difference with SRB when we drove into a snow bank on purpose to see what it would take for 1 or two wheels hopelessly spinning with the car stuck in place. Other than that will all modern technologies (Traction control etc) LSD is not an absolute necessity in day to day driving. If you are taking your car to the track though or if your car is pre 1990 and you want to drive it in winter, of course a car with an LSD is miles ahead of the car without it, and nobody is denying that fact... You may now discharge all of that sand from your vagina, haters.

Gbus = fanboyfini

why_so_jelly.jpg

The new 3 series might be very good, but it looks like vomit inside and out!

Wasn't too sure about it either, especially the exterior but after seeing this, I changed my mind;

f30d.jpg

And I find the interior gorgeous, on par with Audi styling and Mercedes.

That's definitely an improvement but from what I saw at Le Salon this winter, the interior is no where near the elegance of the Audi, maybe on par with the Benz but still lagging and what's up with the slash design on the dash?. The C-Class and A4 are still nicer in basic trim and sport trim.

The M3 might be a different beast.

Back