Cosmos owner stabbed to death. Son arrested.

Papp

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/cosmos-r...lakis-stabbed-to-death-son-arrested-1.1337239

CTV Montreal
Published Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:43PM EDT
Last Updated Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:49PM EDT
MONTREAL — The 86-year-old founder of Notre-Dame-de-Grace mainstay Cosmos restaurant was stabbed to death Saturday morning at his home in Saint-Laurent. His son has been arrested in the crime.

Police were called to Hufford St., a small, residential street at about 3:30 a.m.
“A member of the family was worried about the condition of the 86-year-old man, so he went to his residence and found him lying on the floor with wounds to his upper body, caused by a sharp object, possibly a knife,” said Montreal police spokesperson Raphael Bergeron.
Police arrested a man in his 40s on the scene. CTV has learned he is Johnny Koulakis, the son of Tony Koulakis, who founded famous Montreal institution Cosmos restaurant.

“The motive of the (incident) is still to be determined by the investigators,” said Bergeron.

The crime scene left neighbours in shock.

“I saw the old man last night. We were talking -- he had a coffee, I had my coffee. I don't know what happened during the night. I just woke up with the cordon all around,” said one unidentified neighbour.

Neighbours added that the son was known to have serious issues and had caused problems on the street before.
PHOTOS

Tony Koulakis, seen here in 2002, was stabbed to death Saturday at age 86.

St-Laurent residence where 86-year-old man stabbed by son (CTV)
“(He was) verbally assaulting people… like, 'I'm going to f-ing kill you,'" said neighbour Patrick Angar.
Another neighbour, Silvana Kabalan, said she tried to warn the elder Koulakis his son needed help.
“Take care of your son,” she recalled telling her neighbour. “If the police send him to a hospital, leave him there. You're going to save him. He said, ‘Yes, but he's my son. I feel sorry about my son.’ (I said,) ‘No, you don't have to feel sorry about your son, you'll help him.’ What can I say? It's his father.”
It’s so far unclear what charges are expected to be laid against Johnny Koulakis, said police.
“(It’s) really too soon to determine the charges. Investigators are still on the scene. They will have to meet with him. We can possibly think about murder, but which degree of murder? First degree or second degree -- it's still to be determined by the investigators,” he said.

The homicide is the city's 12th of 2013.

Read more: http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/cosmos-r...to-death-son-arrested-1.1337239#ixzz2X2xgv2Ks

Documentary of his life. Recently released prior his death.

http://vimeo.com/29917451#at=0

Il vivait surement de la retraite et son fils membre de MR,frustré qu'il prenne sa taxe pour vivre ses vieux jours,a décider de le tuer. :D

Je ne connaissais pas ce resto, ça l'air délicieux pour les déjeuners! C'est encore ouvert? Les recettes sont les même? C'est triste que le monsieur soit mort comme ça, il avait l'air d'un bon vivant :(!

J'habite la rue à cote et je peux vous dire que son fils c'est un crisse de paranoïaque. Un jour alors que j'allais diner chez moi je le voie devant chez lui en traine de frapper sur toute les bacs de recyclage en criant comme un fou avec un couteau dans les mains. En voyant ça je décide d'appeler la police et je peux vous dire en quelle que instant 5 voitures de police sont arriver avec au moins 7 a 8 policiers. Ils l'ont maîtriser chez lui car il avait déjà rentré. Un autre fois je le voie sur son balcon, je le regarde et il me fait signe comme si il voulais ce battre... Je comprend pas comment quelle q'un de si dangereux pouvais vivre parmi les autres?

i heard it was a great breakfast place.
i wonder if they will still be open, i wanna go try

yup went there 1 time and it was defenetly really really good! went there for dinner! Ate a duck poutine and a chicken burger and seriously it was fucking awsome!!!

Best breakfast spot in MTL been going for years .. and NDG aint a ghetto area .. sad story guy was real nice and made amazing food like the creation

Je ne connaissais pas ce resto, ça l'air délicieux pour les déjeuners! C'est encore ouvert? Les recettes sont les même? C'est triste que le monsieur soit mort comme ça, il avait l'air d'un bon vivant :(!

Pas quelqu'un qui peut répondre à mes questions lol?

Back