Fantastic Mechanic. K_teg

CoolIT

Backstory.

I got a Civic Sir (Si From the states) Tagged Rebuilt because it was a Vol Retrouvé.
Bought this too quickly without proper test drive 4 months ago.

Pro's: No rust at all... super clean body, everything is pretty flawless on suspension, brakes and the little things. (reason why I got it)

Con's: Big one here, it's rebuilt with a D16Crapola no vtech, the transmission has loud baring noises, first and reverse are very hard to put in... not smooth... it sucked.
I can't stand being on the highway and having to downshift to 4th to keep it above 100 on a slight uphill... THIRD to humiliate myself to pass soneone... D16's are sad engines.

(Offtopic note, Previous car was a 2002 Elantra GT (2.0L 138/136) and it was fantastic from a to z, sold due to mad rust)

I drive 30 000 to 45 000km a year as a road tech, I need to ENJOY driving.

I was looking for a swap and posted on one of Kteg's threads asking how much for the full Swap installed.

He quoted a price, later the engine got sold, he sold another after that... 2 weeks later I contacted him and he told me same price as previously quoted.

I shopped around a bit, called 2 other people asking them prices for the same setup and they were both much more expensive.

Swap is done, my Civic Sir is now running a 1999-2000 JDM B20B For 146HP, 133fpt at lower rpm then integras :D with 4in1 headers, tranny is off a year 2000 integra ls and it is smooth as butter, clutch feels great... it all feels great. Car does not even consume more fuel as that CRV engine is barely working to get going.

The B20 1999-2000 was a good surprise because the quote was made for a 1996-1998 version of the engine that has less hp due to lower compression.

So here are my ratings.

- Communication = 10 on 10. He ALWAYS picks up the phone, only once he missed my call and called back within 2 minutes. It is also always a pleasure to chat with him, he is a great guy.

- Service is excellent, the man knows his cars and he can probably rebuild a B series Tranny blindfolded.

- Price, best I found.

I recommend doing business with him.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot , it was a plesure doing this swap and my customers have to be happy when the car is done ! :bigup:

Back