Gamers take a look inside

Tweker

I never heard of this technology before, the graphics are just unbeleivable

Last edited:
I saw this yesterday on Reddit. Looks crazy but what kind of specs do you need to generate a level of a current game using this method?

Bla bla bla bla bla..

Stop the crap that the industry is corrupted, we did what god couln'd do himself, bla bla bla.

There seem to be so much crap in that wvideo i don't even know where to start.

They have been trying to get signed for a while now, and nobody has for a reason. Notice you never see realtime shadows, always the same lighting, and the same models over and over and over again. The engine can display a gazillion points, but it seems to be limited to instanced models.

They have been trying to get signed for a while now, and nobody has for a reason. Notice you never see realtime shadows, always the same lighting, and the same models over and over and over again. The engine can display a gazillion points, but it seems to be limited to instanced models.

Exactly what I think too, they compare that to Crisys 2 but you dont see any animation

comment taken from youtube's comments about the video, i think this guy knows why nobody want that technology
I feel as though these guys are either lying or over exagerrating. This technology is Very similar to sparse voxel octrees, but they still claim it's not. If it's any similar to that, the good thing about that technology is that you can add incredible detail to everything, but the problem is the animation. The "atoms" are very small and they say they are "unlimited", but they are very inflexible and static. So anything made from this technology may not move.

ex. a tree cant move in the wind.

also, i feel that you would need a super badass computer to run that

Voxel/Point Cloud is interesting tech for sure but only when used for the right reasons due it's limitations (shit to animate). And as RMachucaa these guys have been around for a while trying to sell their tech.

Here's a good example of how it could be used:

The truck is a regular polygon mesh like in regular games and the environment is all voxel. This a more interesting approach since it has real time deformation with the tire tracks.

I doubt we'll see this on the current gen systems and probably not even with the next gen either. Voxels are very costly, they take up a lot of space and who knows well it'll run once the AI, physics, gampeplay/player interactions, shaders/materials, dynamic lights, etc are put in place.

Megameshes is another interesting tech that we'll probably see before. This is a tech demo running in real time on the 360

Back