Gas price soon @ 1.50$/L

CBC briefly mentions Carbon Taxes & why gas prices are skyrocketing

key words: carbon taxes & sustainable development. now type agenda 21 for dummies into YT search & watch it

having higher gaz price is only normal but the fact that they are playing with price as if it was a yo-yo it's ridiculous the worst part of it is that we can't really do anything about it...

au lieu de chialer pour des frais de scolarité qui monte de 300$ par année le monde devrait plus se préoccuper des choses comme l'essence qui va vous coûter ben plus que 300$ d'augmentation à fin de l'année

hudson ultramar on hardwood always cheaper

You're right, gas is always cheaper there, especially when you compare it to the Petro-Canada a couple of kilometers away.
Cheaper for who is my question though. I live in Vaudreuil. If I go to Hudson to fill it up, from my house, it's roughly 18km total (back and forth). My car does around 11l/100 km, which means roughly two liters for this trip alone. Let's say I'll pay the gas 1.50 in Vaudreuil (no extra millage is involved as I pass by) as opposed to 1.40 in Hudson.

Total price of 60 liters in Vaudreuil: $90
Total price in Hudson: $86.80 (including the trip back and forth).

Basically, I'd save $3.20, but also would put extra millage on my car, close to an additional 80km per month if I fill up once a week, for a total of 936km per year.

So in the end, I'm not saving that much, if any.

Because nobody stands up to the companies, politicians don't want to start up shit because they want the companies to contribute money for the re-election. We should make a deal, lock fuel prices for 5 years and at the end of the 5 years we re-negotiate what the price will be for the next 5 years. No more price yoyo.

So Oil is at 83$ and yet we are still paying 1.33$ a litre...lol i dont understand, can someone explain? haha!

The oil at 83$ the barrel is WTI (West Texas Intermediate) we don't use that oil in Quebec. The stuff we use is called North Sea Brent (or Brent) for short. That stuff is currently @ 101$ the barrel and is "partially" what explains our high gas price. The rest of the price is taxes, exchange rate scammery and general profiteering.

Because nobody stands up to the companies, politicians don't want to start up shit because they want the companies to contribute money for the re-election. We should make a deal, lock fuel prices for 5 years and at the end of the 5 years we re-negotiate what the price will be for the next 5 years. No more price yoyo.

Cute idea but it wouldn't work. The model your suggesting would cause a big shortage of fuel because of the supply and demand curve. At a certain price P the companies are giving a certain Quantity supplied (QS). However @ that price the public would have a higher quantity demanded (QD). Since QD>QS there would be a supply shortage and gasoline would run out.

shortage.png

The oil at 83$ the barrel is WTI (West Texas Intermediate) we don't use that oil in Quebec. The stuff we use is called North Sea Brent (or Brent) for short. That stuff is currently @ 101$ the barrel and is "partially" what explains our high gas price. The rest of the price is taxes, exchange rate scammery and general profiteering.

ahhh i see...crazyness

Back