Good ski googles that won't fog up/freeze

the persimon lens is kinna cheap thats why you can deal... but a iridium coating or polarised is a whole new thing

I run Stockholm @Gregster & I like them !

A frames ftw

Moi je skie pratiquement juste de soir et j'ai des lens roses polarisées, je trouve ça mieux que le traditionnel jaune.

POLARIZATION...Lenses that are polarized reduce glare and reflection off the snow considerably,which generally is a GOOD thing...BUT be aware that it has a slight side effect... which is... a polarized lens sometimes makes it difficult to tell soft snow from hard ice...Be careful if you snowboard on sunny days in areas with variable snow conditions....Those transitions can be an accident waiting to happen!!!

And before...

Imagen 136.jpg

indeed ... I have 10 pairs of oakleys and only 1 is polarized simply because I use it in very specific conditions

i got these from my gf for xmas: smith I/O
products_1575_1204_172_listing.jpg

comes with 2 lens
one is polarized which is great for daylight skiing. other is pinkish and works fgreat in flatlight and night skiing.
couldnt be happier with the gift :p

god ... you have some lens that are CLEAR with a polarized lens its only a FILTER that cover the coating (oakley put in between 2 layers of the glass

it DOESNT reduce the amount of light your eyes have to deal with ... a crappy polarized lens (smith for exemple puts a STICKER on top of the lens in order to apply the polarised filter)

So to sumarised in Qc YOU DON`T want a polarised lens ... its a 100$ option thats worth NOTHING in our conditions

Before you go out and buy the most expensive goggles out there, are you sure the goggles are the problem???
Usually fog builds up inside the lens because of moisture trapped in them (yes that's a given I know) BUT do you wear a helmet? Do you put your goggles on your head while in the lift line? When done, do you put your wet goggles back in the bag or do you let them dry up? Most of the time, fog builds up because of these situations. Sometimes they arent properly fitted to your face or helmet and breathing fogs the inside of the lens. Some helmet also keep moist/heat in the face area because they arent properly ventilated and end up fogging goggles.

Often all you need to do is let your goggles dry once you are done with them and most of the time solves the problem.

Hope this helped and maybe saved you a couple bucks ;)

Before you go out and buy the most expensive goggles out there, are you sure the goggles are the problem???
Usually fog builds up inside the lens because of moisture trapped in them (yes that's a given I know) BUT do you wear a helmet? Do you put your goggles on your head while in the lift line? When done, do you put your wet goggles back in the bag or do you let them dry up? Most of the time, fog builds up because of these situations. Sometimes they arent properly fitted to your face or helmet and breathing fogs the inside of the lens. Some helmet also keep moist/heat in the face area because they arent properly ventilated and end up fogging goggles.

Often all you need to do is let your goggles dry once you are done with them and most of the time solves the problem.

Hope this helped and maybe saved you a couple bucks ;)

Might want to add a poorly ventilated balaclava to that list ;)

Back