Honda CRX's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassACE

Legacy Member
I haven't seen too many CRX's on the streets. How come? I have a feeling it's a discontinued model but does anybody know why? And what year did they stop making them? What are you general opinions on them?

Thanks in advance

I think they stopped making CRX's in the early 90's, probably 91, but they stopped it so that they can come out with the SIs...why else?

I had one on the lot, I test drove it they aren't bad, but I didn't feel it kick in on the highways after 140 km/h. They are very easily modifiable cars. Just swap the engine and voila you have a fast and light soap box. How much are you paying for it? Average they should go for 2 G's maybe 3 if they are in good condition.

Do you own a car dealership, PmDawg? What kind of cars do you sell or do you sell eveything?

My second car was a 1988 CRX and I loved it. It was silver with about 180 000 km on it when I bought it with a bit of rust over the wheel well (as usual). I paid $2100. I painted it same color the next year and bought mags and a sound system and exhaust. It made me popular because I was in grade 11. The car about 220 000kms on it when I sold it and I got $4800 for it. I'm pretty lucky I have to say. I sold it the first day it was in the hebdo.

It's only a two seater keep in mind. I ran 15.89 on the quarter mile. They stopped making the CRX in 91. Just pick up a hebdo and check some prices to get an idea. I would say between 2 and 3 grand for a good condition one.

I don't want to sound like a dick...
but a CRX for 2 grand is a piece of @#%$ all rusted...even one for 3k$ is not good too(unless you find someone that doesn't know anything about CRX and sell it without being informed, but that's almost impossible)

trust me, I know what I'm talking about!

3grand+ 2grand paintjob+ mechanics repairs...

BTW I bought mine with minimal rust (one rear fender) for 6 grand...and it was by far the cleanest CRX I've seen for sale...

BTW the reason why you don't see many CRX is because they are at least 10 years old(last year of production was 91)

they have been involved in an accident, they are rotten, been stolen and in pieces, they are stored because some people know that this little car is one of the best car Honda ever did(the BEST if you ask me) and they love them so much

that's why, sad but true:(

Yeah, now that I think about it, 2 grand is not alot. I would go with what Alex is saying. I sold mine for $4800 and the motor was in bad shape.

PmDaWg: I'm not buying anything yet but it's an idea... i like it cuz it looks so different... and obviously cuz it's easily modded. And don't forget i'm still in grade11 so the only thing i'm worried about now is getting my license!

Anyway, for the hell of it, check out this CRAZY CRX i found on Hebdo.net for only 10grand!

www.hebdo.net/v4/result/a...pa=12&pr=3

You may want to check that link because it goes to a Precedia.

Some advice: If a guy is selling a CRX for 10 grand, it had better be crazy. The problem with that is you're buying someone else's work. If you have no problem with that, go for it but it would bother me.

same for me... I almost bought a modded CRX(B16A, rotac8 mags with toyo ra01 tires, koni shocks with neuspeed race springs.. swaybars, exhaust etc..

but I prefered one stock (I couldn't afford the modded one anyway)

my CRX had only shocks and springs... everything else is stock! it was a good thing since I wanted a suspension anyway...I would have prefered a different setup, but I'm gonna change it eventually

but for 10 grand, it's really modded, and now, personnaly I wouldn't buy a CRX that has a B-series engine in it that doesn't have engine mounts removeable

You guessed it. That thing is f*cking tight! It's really modded... way out of my price range. The only reason i mentioned it is cuz it's for sale! I'm probably gonna end up buying a 3500$ one a just keep it stock for a while until i get some $$$ and just repair what's wrong with it.
It's too bad Hebdo's links never work right. Its not pure HTML thats why. How do i post a pic on this board?

Same as any other board. The pic needs to be on the internet and the command is

[ img ] the link [ /img ]

but with no spaces inside the brackets.

This is one hell of a tight used CRX:

43711.jpg

CRX's are the bomb. Now as for buying one at 10k and driving it as opposed to buying one for 3-5k... the 3-5k one in my view is better if you want to make it your own because when you buy a cone up car you are buying someone elses work. Nothing is wrong with that but it just isn't you... it's someone elses ideas.

Miss my CRX: 1991 CRX Si SE (B16A) with 2 x 12 JL Audio Subs, V12 Amp, JDM Tailights, 15 Enkei RP02's and 2 1/2" Brospeed Exhaust. All work done by myself including engine swap.
P.S. Never, Never go with La Capital for insurance they scam you every way possible.

Next project car...: When ever I have enough ca$h for another CRX.

I love the CRX.....Alex is right, a clean 90-91 Si will run you about 6000$, my bud just sold his 91 with a D16Z6 (SOHC VTEC) for $7200. My last car would have been a Rex, but I didn't fit due to the sunroof, got a 90 Si instead....loved that car...would still have it if it weren't for some drunk bastard who mistook her for an airbag..... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back