How much is too much?

RMachucaA

So had a weird thing happen....

Changed my own oil in my Mini Countryman S, the engine oil capacity is 4.2 liters. So drain all the oil out, let it sit for a good 10 mins draining, with the engine still warm so the oil wasnt cold. Refill with 4 liters of german castrol synthetic, run engine for a bit, check oil level and its way above the max, like almost an inch, what gives? In a typical engine, how much oil is too much oil? I drained some out so its at the max line as best as i could tell (really fracking hard to tell too btw, the dipstick is the worst engineered piece on the whole car).

So generally how much is too much?

93429d1401145743-mini-has-issued-campaign-recall-to-replace-timing-chains-dipstick1.jpg

Thats the damn dipstick, when you pull it out it smears the dipstick tube with oil inside, so no matter how clean you get it, when you pull it out its smeared with oil from top to bottom, making it next to impossible to tell the oil level, the dark red is retarded aswell, and to top it off with fresh oil its damn near impossible as its always shinny regardless how hard you clean the mofo.

Si tu l'as vider pi t'as mis 4L pi que la quantité recommandée chez 4.2L T'es bin correct. Peut importe ce que le dipstick marque.

C'est pareil dans mon truck, le dipstick tube fait un ''S'' horizontal pi y reste de l'huile dans la partie horizontale du ''s''. Tu peux pas checker l'huile comme du monde.

Back