I guess I couldnt run forever.....(ticket inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the saaq's website, it says that changing any part of the exhaust is legal as long as it is solidly fixed, doesnt leak and designed for on road use, and that it cant be "NOISIER" than stock. it says nothing about being freeflow or not?

cops have a quota to fill so if your unlucky to be caught before their quota is met youll get a ticket for just about anything!

actually, on his car it would be 6% to 12%, which is still a shitload. but i was talking about downpipes. this thread is about the muffler. i wonder how much power you would lose if you put a 2" muffler? the thing with a turbo'd car is that the engine is already loud. its not really the exhaust thats loud unlike a n/a car since the turbo cuts out a lot of sound.

all thish to say, the whole thing about being able to increase performance but not the exhaust is just retarded.

You guys are pulling numbers out of the air, bring 3 differnt mufflers to the dyno then come back with some real results.

if you pay for the dyno time im down :D

i know i know...i was just hoping i wouldnt get caught until i changed it...oh well

anyways i average about 1 muffler ticket a year so hopefully i dont get another one lol

What could happen when you get a muffler ticket?

I.E. are you put on a timeline to change it?

Do they just continue ticketing you until you make it "legal"?

Do they tow your car if they find other things?

What could happen when you get a muffler ticket?

Do they just continue ticketing you until you make it "legal"?

Do they tow your car if they find other things?

yes and it depends on whether or not those "other things" that they find are major defects.

It's great to hear about a pleasant experience with the cops. This forum has been flooded with negative comments for the past while... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back