Inspector inventing stuff..

sotam123

Soo i got my car inspected at CVM PK auto in montreal. I was refeered from a buddy and was told they are a good place to go..and since the place i went last year no longer inspects cars anymore, i did..long story short i fail for a couple of reasons(which i didnt get failed for last year) including my steering rack beeing looped and having no resonator on my car.

Soo seeing this i tell the guy that my car never came with a resonator from factory..(mk2 vw(originaly a 1.6diesel) with a 1.9tdi swap).
He told me that if i bring some sort of proof he would disguard the resonator fail and pass me if i fixed eveything else..soo i rushed to vw the next day and got the diagram of the exhaust printed showing that the car has no resonator. When i show him he tells me he is going to double check and get back to me. At this point i know i am going to be good because ive owned 2 other diesel and none had a resonator..he calls me back today saying that its bullshit and that i need to install a resonator.

What do i do now..im not going to start installing components on a car that never came with them in the first place because thats just dumb.

I was thinking about that..but would there be another way? Since my steering rack is looped my car has to be towed around now since its a major apparently..i didnt know this if not i wouldnt have done it..especially since i passed like this last year..

Soooooooo... let me get this straight.... you we're telling a police officer he was wrong sending you for an inspection and that you would be sure you'd pass.......

http://montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?872924-Getting-impounded-after-inspection

And now... you can't drive you car around because, as you say you have at least one major.... what else was wrong on the car except the "absent" resonator???
Well mister smart guy..last year i had a looped rack and passed inspection...soo why would i think i wouldnt pass this year?? Not my fault that they dont even do their job right...and honeslty didnt know it was illegal to loop a rack if its correctly done(feels like a oem manual one..)

Well mister smart guy..last year i had a looped rack and passed inspection...soo why would i think i wouldnt pass this year?? Not my fault that they dont even do their job right...and honeslty didnt know it was illegal to loop a rack if its correctly done(feels like a oem manual one..)

Well mister "smarty pants" You did tell us about the looped rack and the "resonator" part.... But you still didn't answer the other couple of problems that they found. It's not because you passed an inspection last year that you will pass again. And even at the same inspection place you can get 2 differents guys.

True story: A place I worked at used to have an old E-350 with O-ring fittings as built by Ford.... Well the guy doing the inspection told us that it had to be flanged!! Wel had to change all the fitting to flange and redo all brake connections for a truck that was built by the factory that way.... Moral of the story, do you reaalllyy want to fight and lose some money over arguing after someone that feels he has a little power over you??

I'm going to tell you a saying that's verrryyyy good in life." Sometimes you have to wait for the ball to get right to your height, sometimes it can take a long time, but once it's there hit it will all you've got to get a homerun!!!" or " What comes around, goes around" or " Karma's a b**ch" Anyway you get the idea.... Stil curious about your others problems detected on the car!!

I understand what your saying but im not going to start putting actuall parts on a car that never came with them...and i showed him the vw printed diagrams for proof...the other problems were stupid and the guy was just trying to find resons to fail me..like low fluid in the windshield washer tank and apparently exhaust leaks(there was one before were the muffler is clamped and it was fixed but i assume that there was diesel soot and looked like a leak..when it was actually from the past...

Soooooooo... let me get this straight.... you we're telling a police officer he was wrong sending you for an inspection and that you would be sure you'd pass.......

http://montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?872924-Getting-impounded-after-inspection

And now... you can't drive you car around because, as you say you have at least one major.... what else was wrong on the car except the "absent" resonator???

Yeah, seems like everybody else is getting it wrong for some reason..
I'd rather believe this is a conspiracy as there's clearly no chance a 20+ years old VW that was tinkered with by some of the finest backyard mechanics in la belle province is a POS.

Just ask him where he got is info politely, like it happen often the dealer could have been mistaken...and say you would be glad to help to rectify the situation

But like i did in the past...you could stop there...or add...if your wrong...and you REQUESTED that part...legally this is called ABUSE OF POWER.

But if your right and can provide me with some info to confirm it i will be glad to comply

Just ask him where he got is info politely, like it happen often the dealer could have been mistaken...and say you would be glad to help to rectify the situation

But like i did in the past...you could stop there...or add...if your wrong...and you REQUESTED that part...legally this is called ABUSE OF POWER.

But if your right and can provide me with some info to confirm it i will be glad to comply
Ive owned may diesel i know im right..and q resonator would have no use on a diesel with stock exhaust anyways..i already asked him were he got hes information from and he just told me "i have men in the field" whatever that means...

give him 50-100$ cash and he'll stfu and let you pass. His paid by the hour anyways, not by the number of failed cars.

Too late for that ive already email the saaq about this and we are taking car of it..i already sent them a scaned copy of diagram that i got from the dealer..we will see what happens next.

In thr email he told me either to install a resonator or give them proof..

Back