Let's Educate ourselves on Religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

I was wondering the other day about all the other religions and stuff like that. I asked my friend who was born in Syria. Here's what I found out. If anything is wrong, please correct me. I think it's very important for us (North Americans) to be educated on other parts of the world. I AM IN NO WAY JUDGING ANYBODY BY THIS POST. I'M JUST STATING SOME FACTS SO PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING.

We are Christian and we believe in Christianity.

Muslims believe in Islam. Islam is the religion and muslims are what you call people who believe in Islam.

Jihad means holy war. Islamic Jihad is holy war in the name of Islam.

Jewish people belive in a slighty modified version of what we believe in (I think).

Enemy's of civilized society are Muslim extremists who feel threatened by Christianity. I read that their goal is to conquer the earth. (Only the extremists)

The Taliban are Muslim extremists. Women aren't
allowed to have any kind of profession. When they took over in 1996 women doctors and scholars were stoned to death. You can't watch tv or listen to radios in Afghanistan (not sure about this one).

Indonesia is the world's largest muslim nation and they are with the USA in their war. Their president is a woman.

I'm confused about the stitation between Israel and the Palestinians. I know Isreal become a country after WWII. I also heard that it's made up fom Jewish refugees who fled Europe. I would like to know more about how the Palestinians lost their country.

There are losts of other religions. I don't have time to post more but if anyone would like to help us learn more, that would be good.

Yah know what I come to realize more and more.....? Religion causes nothing but problems. It seems that nowdays if you dont share the same religion as another group you get persecuted. What the he-LL is religion anyways? Its more of a scape goat if you ask me. Its something that weak minded people fall back on when they cant come to terms with whats going on in society. The Americans were "Turning to God" during the attacks on the WTC. They shoulda been turning to their politicians and asking them how the he-LL they let this happen! Or better yet, what the American government DID to become a main target from these terrorist groups.

In the middle east these groups are declaring Islamic Jihad! Oh, so all of a sudden because you declare holy war, its ok to butcher people cause you feel your religion is threatened. I hate to break it to these people but theire aint nothing holy about war. And this whole, "my religion is being threatened, therfore Im gonna declare war" is complete bull$hit. If there is a god and we are all apparently his children do you really think hed want us blowing eachother up? There are many other poeple in this world with many other religions, so get used to it!

Basically what Im trying to say is that in situations like these, praying to god, whichever one you chose to pray to, is not gonna help you. The only way to settle these kinds of situations is to sit down, and from an objective stand point, figure out where you went wrong.:(

I agree with that. Religion has probably been behind 90% of the wars fought in the world. If you take it too seriously, it will cause trouble. ****dumb question removed*****

wooooo What you think were the crusades ( les croisades ) thats the holy war for christian.
I agree with mk1. Religion = problems and why all that, to say what, BIG ZERO nothing.

ok, I wasn't aware of the crusades. I edoted my post so I don't look like an idiot but what can you tell me about the crusades?

Religion is just another way for people to segregate each other. Another way for people to discriminate and hate!

you have to admit though...in north america ...the church has taken a leap back from it's roll in the community compared to the early days 1600's, 1700's, 1800's, even the early 1900's!

The crusades is actually the first biggest holy war
started from 11th century to the 13th century.
It was to free jerusalem from the muslim's and ''save'' middle eastern christians. That is why the pope asked for forgiveness not long ago.
;)

Religion is certainely not a bad thing as long as it stays personal. As soon as it is used by governements to promote or to impose ideas it becomes a dangerous weapon !

sorry dont belive in religion!!!!!honestly i think religions are basically cults with out weapons!!!!!think about it........religion tell you what to belive,how to live,and what laws to abyed by!!!!!!!

im not saying i dont belive in god,cause i do,i just dont go to church or follow a specific religion!!!!!!i pray for others"not my self"and give thanx when thanx is needed!!!!!

If people want to be religious I have no problem with that as long as they don't try to impose it on me. If it makes you feel makes you feel comfortable to be religious than be it.

What I don't like about religion is the fact that they believe that they have answers to all questions.

Why do I have 2 legs?
Why is the sky blue?
Why are we smart enough to realize who we are?
Why are there planets in space?

just to name a few (millions more)
Most religions would say that it's because God made it that way.

I have no proof that God did create everything. Just like I have no proof that he didn't.

I think that religion is based on the fear of death.
Also, I believe that Darwin's theories make a lot of sense.
They disprove many things written in the bible.
Because of this how can anything else which is written in the bible be credible.

2000 yrs ago people were asking themselves the same questions we do today. So people made up answers to these questions. Today our technology can disprove it.
My last comment is that I believe that religion was created to guide man in everyday life, not to harm him.

Good topic

Yeah the crusades where nasty.

Lots of ppl think the crusades where a bunch of knights who went out to jerusalem to clean it of muslims.

Well it was basicaly that, but more like a few hundred knights with thousands (and sometimes 10 of thousands) of farmers with pikes and forks whearing nothing but padding, who went down against some of the best trainned muslim fighters.

It was slaughter on both sides considering numbers werent equal (muslims had less ppl).

But yeah, it was a holy war, wouldnt say the first in history, but one of the earliest for sure.

Religion to me is a business. One with a damn good pamphlet. The biible is so idiotic, when ppl are asked to prove the authenticness of the bible they can only point to.... "The bible" to prove it.

I have had many arguments about " How the @#%$ can you prove something, using that exact same thing to prove it. defeats the dang purpose.

Religion breads freaks, fanatics and spinless bastards.
Seems harsh but its not. The few who really benifit from it, and need it, arent many nowa days.

FAITH on the other hand... I can respect. Religion... well if it wasnt for beautifull architecture, Id say burn all the churches down, they make me queasy anyways.

Re: Good topic

Like my dad always said:
"The bible was written by other humans and from my past experiences humans are full of @#$%"

Re: Good topic

Even the simple beleif that there is a god and a devil is the work of Religion. Who taught you first about how the world works ? Your mother probably. Who taught her about it? her own mother. So on and so on until the beginning of times!

That's why religion is still alive today. It's been passed down from generation to generation.

The problem with that is that you probably cannot conceive a world without a god. Your whole life revolves around it, even if you don't practice any religion you still beleive there is a god in heaven and satan in hell because that's how you've been explained the world.

Try this for the fun if it: There is no God. No Devil either. everything is the result of evolution. From the stars, planets and life on planets. Everything has evolved into what it is and continues to evolve towards perfection until destruction. Once destroyed, new life emerges from the ashes and re-start the process from scratch!

it's a theory! I could be completely off track, but who knows ! :)

.:: MaxyChip7 ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back