Losing the belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_net

I need to lose the beer gut.

Its actually not a beer gut (dont drink that much)... maybe its an Indian thing (yes im indian).

Im pretty active during the week - do about 1.5 hours of cardio on Mon - Wed - Fri. But i want to lose the belly before I start with weights.

How do i lose it? Any specific exercises and diets i could try?

thanks

WRONG!

Just doing cardio will not help you lose your belly.

You actually need to do weights before cardio training at least four times a week if you want to burn fat because:

1) When doing cardio, you only hit the "fat burning zone" 20 minutes into a workout.
2) A pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day, a pound of fat burns 5 calories a day.
3) You need to focus on building lean muscle and increasing your metabolism with weights and then do cardio to shed the last 10 pounds and rid your body of the water weight.

ok ok my belly isnt full of fat, its not one of those fat man bellies... i have a very slim body. 5'11"and about 160lbs.

personally i think its my diet thats causing it (yes indian food).

ok ok my belly isnt full of fat, its not one of those fat man bellies... i have a very slim body. 5'11"and about 160lbs.

personally i think its my diet thats causing it (yes indian food).

Stop eating naan bread and butter chicken! - LOL

heheh kinda tough man... that bread is the staple food of our diet!!

im cutting down on the bread and eating more veggies though.

I'm Indian too. a lot of our food has high sodium, mainly cause in India, it helps cool us down (retains water well, which allows us to sweat more) also spicy foods help us sweat and keep us cool. all of which is not needed here. add less salt and certain spices.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

I know a lot of East Indians and I know that the diet consists of a lot of butter and oil based cooking.

ill tell u hwat my personal trainer told me

1000 calories equals to one pound
burn 1000 calories and you lose one pound

i did cardio twice a week 500 calories each time, and i never ate more than 1900 calories in a day

i lost 30 lbs

This site is the shit !
Just do some of the ab Workout's there ... trust me ull see an effect

I took 2 program's from there one for toning and for chest and i mixed them up ...

and in the past 3 weeks ... i became alot more toned and my chest is practically 2 times what it was . feels great

just make a decent program
WATCHH what you eat ...

its all about what you eat for abs man . its not easy getting abs

i need to get rid of the belly before working on the abs. otherwise ill build muscle behind the belly and then ill have a real one pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back