Major problem with my cable internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MeTaL4EvR said:
I'm using a splitter to have my phone and internet on the same wall jack ... is that bad?

Well, I'm not familiar with sympatico, but a splitter reduces the quality of the line, so it might affect it. Couldn't say for sure, though. Are you using 56k?

Munchy, it's hard to say without having you PC in front of me. You can try updating your modem's drivers, and check to see if there is a firmware upgrade for the modem's hardware. Make sure your computer is virus/spyware free. Ummm.... That's about all I can think of.. Just look for programs that may be interfering with something.

The modem is discontinued, but I do have the last drivers available for the modem...

I do have maybe a virus or 2, but nothing related to the internet... Stupid viruses that don't do anything to your computer, they just sit there...

Anyone got the number for Videotron? :p

And that page on the Videotron site where you can see your monthly downloads and shit...

use the ethernet card with a rj45 cable instead of the usb.
my friend used to have the same problems. i told him to switch to ethernet/rj45 and everything worked fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back