megasquirt tunning on alpha n

pork-n-beanz

the car is a mazda miata with itbs i cant seem to find anyone one who knows how to tune my car properly using alpha n can anyone help thanks

why won't you use a vaccum block? yes it's not as clean but it's will make the car a lot easier to tune then trying to tune alpha n

can'T you tune it ith speed density then? you might need a small vaccum damper to stabilise the signal. you can probably put it under the dash or something to keep the engine bay clean.

Est-ce que le MAP de Delphi que tu link plus haut marche en voltage décroissant ex: de 5v à .5v
ou il est seulement voltage croissant??

Les maf de miata 1.6L fonctionnent en voltage décroissant de 5v en descendant. Donc le megasquirt plug and play application miata 90-93 doit assimiler ce voltage-la pour avoir une bonne courbe de fuel et map voltage. Les tuners trouvent ca chiant de travailler en voltage décroissant a comparé tout les .5 a 5v de ce monde. J'ai le meme '' probleme'' avec mon tuner. C'est pas la faute du gars mais plus la différence de tunability en voltage décroissant.

j'aimerais bien voir un ITB avec un mass air flow...
mais c'est sur que le Delphi est croissant... regarde la section transfer curve ;)

edit: siboire je repense a ça... ya une place sur le megasquirt tu fait juste plugger une hose a vacuum pour ton signal de MAP et c'est dans tes setting que tu entre le nombre de BAR

Le fuck, suffi juste d'avoir un signal constant et précis...

You need to run vacuum tubing from the sensor to the engine intake manifold. You can use a nipple on the throttle body that has full-time engine vacuum (i.e. NOT ported vacuum). The source you choose should have a high vacuum at idle, if it does not, it is a ported source, and you need to hook your vacuum line somewhere else (either another nipple on the throttle body, or one connected directly to the intake manifold).

Installer le Delphi est faisable, mais plus compliquer que je pensais.

Last edited:
I run ITB's since 5years with megasquirt and speed density.

Recently I tried to tune it by using alpha-n but without a helper-tuner is a way harder... I decided to comeback with S-D. Dont worry about precision with speed density, It's streetable and perform well.

You can simply run vacuum tubes with T between each throttles, run finally the tube to the MS that's it. Work fine for me. Vacuum chamber would be fine to damp vacuum signal too.

I can also help you to tune your car.

Placer un map sur un runner va te donner un signal a chier et pas utilisable. Faut tu relie les 4 runners avec un vacuum block et ensuite t'amene ca au sensor du MS. A ta place, j'irais avec le alpha N. J'ai toujours tune les MS sur des chars turbo (speed density) mais je peux toujours essayer de tuner avec alpha N, le principe est juste un peu different. PM moi si tu veux en parler.

Si tu veux du feedback, demande sur moi sur clubmazdaquebec (user: 90awd), j'en ai fait plusieurs.

The car is very hard to tune indeed. It's possible to tune it in speed density but it'll run like crap and stumble as soon as you give it gas or floor it, map change is too slow compared to TPS change and small map changes require lots of fuel change, typical for high comp ITB race engines.

To be continued...

The car is very hard to tune indeed. It's possible to tune it in speed density but it'll run like crap and stumble as soon as you give it gas or floor it, map change is too slow compared to TPS change and small map changes require lots of fuel change, typical for high comp ITB race engines.

To be continued...

Quel MS ? quel board ? le MS a tu été battit pour ce modele ou il est transplanté ? fuel only ou fuel and spark ?

Last edited:
I've been running my ITB race car Alpha-N for quiet a while now. We have everything you need to tune your ITB setups, including an airflow balance tool to ensure that all 4 cylinders are breathing equally at idle/low throttle angles.

With ITBs, you will never achieve the crispness of a properly tuned Alpha-N setup with a Speed-Density setup. It just doesn't work as well.

Sajan

After working with three different tuners int he city I have to say 323driver takes his time knows megasquirt better than anyone else in the city his rates are fantastic he even upgraded my version 1ms to a ver2 with hybrid alpha n.My car runs better than I ever thought it would.my last experience was horrible, first I got ripped off and sent out the door by Pat from ACSP,once he had money he became extremely rude and basically told me to my face tough luck deal with your problems.

Thanks 323driver!

Good to know Shane, did he played with you fuel/spark map on the dyno? I'll eventualy need a dyno run to get a spark table on point.

That's the only thing that was not tuned.the season is coming to an end so I'm just going to dyno run it next year

Last edited:
Back