Need help with internet network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweker

I just moved in in a off-campus residency and I need some help so I can get a decent internet. Basicly I pay 18$ per months for phone and internet. The internet is fine but the network is not setted properly, when people start conecting to the network and start 100000 torrent, I have to wait 10 seconds to load a single page... is there a way to evenly limit the upload between the number of user curently connected? Also would it improve the speed or it will be splited so much that I'll still have a crappy internet ( we're 32 in the building but not everyone has internet)?

just to give you an idea, testing on speedtest.net on a montreal Server, I was getting 1400ms ping, 8.3mbps download and 0.01 mbps upload

SeCuRi[T said:
;7027383]What router are you using (exact model)?
Well I don't know since the owner of the building is the only person that has the key to the room where the network is. All I know is that its a D-Link. If the model we have is able to do it, is it hard to set?
But would a 3 x(10mbps download and 900kbps upload) internet (I think we have 3 modems) be good when split inbetween 32 person or if I want good speed I should get my own personall internet?

Sorry for the delay for the answer, for some reason I kept getting disconected the whole afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back