Please disable adblock while browsing MR

J'voie pas le problème, il n'y a presque pas de publicité ici.

J3Kdt2w.png

^^ ca me rappel ton Pshop de la maison avec le toit interminable :D

en meme temps je regarde l'image au dessus et il y a tellement de spot de perdu qui serais etre plus rentable.

voici ma proposition

sR7uzFv.jpg

Pour moi, il a deux sorte de forum, ceux qui roule pour le plaisir d'aider les gens, et ceux qui sont maintenant rendu des ''compagnie'' Je peux donner un exemple du premier; le club DSM. Il a une lever de fond une fois pas année, on fait un don si ca nous chante, en une journée c'est complété et on en parle plus, pas d'annonce.

Apres ceux qui sont geré comme des compagnies, comme MR. Ca fait longtemps que c'est devenu une vache a lait et j'ai absolument aucun probleme avec ca. De la maniere qui parle, il serait sur le bors de la faillite, personnelement, j'en est rien a battre, si une compagnie est pas rentable, c'est qu'elle a été mal géré, et c'est pas a moi de subir les concéquences de ca (enlever adblock qui est quelque chose de 100% légal et me faire bombarder d'annonce) Si quelque chose n'est pas rentable; met la clé dans la porte, mais vous savez comme moi que ca arrivera pas, car MR=$$$. Et meme si il fermerait, ca prendrais 1 mois qu'on aurait déja un remplacant (peu-etre mieu géré) Bref moi addblock reste, le pop up a disparu, je navigue encore comme si de rien n'étais (c'est lent) mais j'ai juste su encore une fois qu'il s'en foutais un peu de ses user qui amene son argent...

BTW Danny si il te reste un guide de l'auto je le prendrais bien.

AL

4t0ol.jpg

Am I too late for this thread?

My 2c worth however, is that this makes the most sense (what Al says). If you cannot make money with your idea, then it's not a good idea. It wouldn't be free market if all ideas had to be profitable. That's the challenge of being in business, it's being able to cash in on an idea at all and overcoming different market challenges. If you can't make money with your website because you need to invade people's lifes with ads and drive your customer base away, you simply do not have a good business model and you will go down in flames, like gazilions of other failed businesses. You either adapt or you go down (unless you're in Quebec, then you pass laws and fuck people over, such as setting a minimal retail price for milk to protect unprofitable milk producers, artificially create rarity of a product such as maple syrup by limiting sales quotas, banning RHD cars because "ton chum de vendeur de char usagé" thinks it ain't good, or forcing large food retailers to keep staff to an ubearable minmum to force people to go the the convenience store (because indeed, convience stores need protection from my 24/7 ottawa lobelaws [which is fucking fantastic btw, nothing like doing your grocery at 4am]). I've been running adblock probably since it came out, and I'm absolutely baffled when I see other people's browsing. It's been so long that I've been running adblock that I litterally feel aggressed when I see all those fucking ads everywhere. I, for one, disapprove of all of those adverts, in fact, I make a point of trying to avoid buying products that are constantly being advertised to a point where they start annoying me. You walk in the streets, watch the telly, take the train, read the news, surf the web, open your mailbox, you cannot get a single second break from all this advertising. It's overwhelming, and on the internet, it's even worse. So I adblock, I noscript, I flashblock, and I will never stop. I do not have to lose half the bandwith on my mobile plan to load up ads, same thing for my internet at home. I do not care for any ads and if a business' model relies soley on that to make income, so be it, it's their decision. But my decisions is to load what I want, and I am completely insensitive as to whether or not this harms a business. I work for my money, you should work to find ideas to make money, and sitting on ad revenue and waiting for your cheque, then complaining when that doesn't work is, IMHO, akin to a BS sitting at home complaining his cheque is being cut cos he's eligible for work but won't go anyway. If the ad model doesn't work, earn your money and use you brains to try and turn a profit. If you can't, then tough rocks. Why should I pity you? It's nothing personnal either, it's just life. No one cried when Target went down in canada, or Eaton, or Steinberg, or a milion others. They couldn't make money, this aint charity, this is business, so back to ashes they went.

Au pire Danny c'est pas ben ben compliqué de coder un petit utilitaire qui force le monde à désactiver Add Block sinon le site ne s'affiche pas...

Il y a plein de sites qui font ca de manière polie et qui dès la première page t'avertissent avec un message du genre :

"Désolé mais l'existence de ce site est possible grâce aux revenus engendrés par la publicité, nous vous prions de désactiver Add Block pour ce site [etc...]"

Le monde va chialler et certains vont dire qu'ils reviendront pas à cause de ca blablabla mais la réalité c'est que tout le monde va le désactiver that's it...

Yeah and if you use Tapatalk there are just never any ads. Except Danny's sponsored content, but we shouldn't bust his balls about that. At least dat nigga gettin paid to be on MR.

4t0ol.jpg

Am I too late for this thread?

My 2c worth however, is that this makes the most sense (what Al says). If you cannot make money with your idea, then it's not a good idea. It wouldn't be free market if all ideas had to be profitable. That's the challenge of being in business, it's being able to cash in on an idea at all and overcoming different market challenges. If you can't make money with your website because you need to invade people's lifes with ads and drive your customer base away, you simply do not have a good business model and you will go down in flames, like gazilions of other failed businesses. You either adapt or you go down (unless you're in Quebec, then you pass laws and fuck people over, such as setting a minimal retail price for milk to protect unprofitable milk producers, artificially create rarity of a product such as maple syrup by limiting sales quotas, banning RHD cars because "ton chum de vendeur de char usagé" thinks it ain't good, or forcing large food retailers to keep staff to an ubearable minmum to force people to go the the convenience store (because indeed, convience stores need protection from my 24/7 ottawa lobelaws [which is fucking fantastic btw, nothing like doing your grocery at 4am]). I've been running adblock probably since it came out, and I'm absolutely baffled when I see other people's browsing. It's been so long that I've been running adblock that I litterally feel aggressed when I see all those fucking ads everywhere. I, for one, disapprove of all of those adverts, in fact, I make a point of trying to avoid buying products that are constantly being advertised to a point where they start annoying me. You walk in the streets, watch the telly, take the train, read the news, surf the web, open your mailbox, you cannot get a single second break from all this advertising. It's overwhelming, and on the internet, it's even worse. So I adblock, I noscript, I flashblock, and I will never stop. I do not have to lose half the bandwith on my mobile plan to load up ads, same thing for my internet at home. I do not care for any ads and if a business' model relies soley on that to make income, so be it, it's their decision. But my decisions is to load what I want, and I am completely insensitive as to whether or not this harms a business. I work for my money, you should work to find ideas to make money, and sitting on ad revenue and waiting for your cheque, then complaining when that doesn't work is, IMHO, akin to a BS sitting at home complaining his cheque is being cut cos he's eligible for work but won't go anyway. If the ad model doesn't work, earn your money and use you brains to try and turn a profit. If you can't, then tough rocks. Why should I pity you? It's nothing personnal either, it's just life. No one cried when Target went down in canada, or Eaton, or Steinberg, or a milion others. They couldn't make money, this aint charity, this is business, so back to ashes they went.

Cry me a river

Its easy to sit behind a screen and write totally unrelated examples of Quebec corruption or businesses that went down.

Do you know how to run a site ? Do you know how many members are on MR daily, or how many people are browsing with no user name or ? Do you know the amount of time and effort put into making a site like MR even possible ? Do you know how much it costs to run the site or servers ? Nope nope and NOPE

Danny asking you guys to take adblock off for MR only, isnt the end of the world, yes he came out guns blazing and that was a mistake, he's human after all and in the end after over 10 years of being on the site... its his FIRST mistake. The amount of time you took to write that reply was the same 1.5 additional seconds the pages take to load on MR for the next 6 months browsing MR without adblock.

Cry me a river

Its easy to sit behind a screen and write totally unrelated examples of Quebec corruption or businesses that went down.

Do you know how to run a site ? Do you know how many members are on MR daily, or how many people are browsing with no user name or ? Do you know the amount of time and effort put into making a site like MR even possible ? Do you know how much it costs to run the site or servers ? Nope nope and NOPE

Danny asking you guys to take adblock off for MR only, isnt the end of the world, yes he came out guns blazing and that was a mistake, he's human after all and in the end after over 10 years of being on the site... its his FIRST mistake. The amount of time you took to write that reply was the same 1.5 additional seconds the pages take to load on MR for the next 6 months browsing MR without adblock.

I'm just going to point out the irony that you're the one crying a river...
With that in mind, you don't even warrant a response haha

1- I think that nobody here is going to go through the trouble of rooting their phone/tablet just so that they can skip ads in tapatalk.

2- Tapatalk sucks.

3- I get ads on both Andoid and iOS (iPad) but what I hate the most is when by mistake you touch someone's name and wind up in their "contact message" page on iOS and there's no way back to the thread, you have to go back to the home screen and re-navigate to the thread you were in.

Back